WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Need Advice About New Puppy

ktjones
09-23-2011, 03:41 AM
Hey everyone,

My puppy, Murphy, is around 5-6 weeks old. On 9/20/11, he received his last set of shots, which included de-worming. After coming home, the only side-effect I saw was him being tired.

Since yesterday evening, he has been throwing up and having diarrhea. He ate the food we bought for him, but then he ate my other dog's food, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or if he's still feeling side-effects from the shots.

I'm so worried about him and honestly I really wanted to sleep today! I've been up since 4 AM EST and it looks like there will be no sleep in the near future for me. I didn't know what you guys thought. I guess I just want to calm my nerves.

Thanks

ktjones
09-23-2011, 06:02 AM
Update: After a few hours of vomiting and pooping, he finally ate and drunk some water!!! :)
He is feeling soooooooo much better. I'm so thankful!

cwoods333
09-23-2011, 06:23 AM
You know I have a cat that gets kind of sick after shots too, but the Vet if they know this will give your pet a special shot that will stop the pet from getting sick before they administer any new shots to your pet.

Have fun with the puppy, you never said what kind of dog it is but in any case enjoy and good luck witht he puppy!!!

Carlene

ktjones
09-23-2011, 06:37 AM
I didn't know that! I will have to ask about that once we go in again.

Murphy is a Boston terrier and boxer mix :)

CatlinPM
09-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Sometimes a new puppy will also get sick just because they are adjusting to a change in diet. They have sensitive little tummies. A word of warning however, if you ever experience your puppy vomiting, not eating, and not having any bowel movements, take them to the vet immediately. Puppies are notorious for getting into things they aren't supposed to and eating them which can cause a life threatening bowel obstruction. Good luck with your new puppy!

cartoonbabyboy
10-12-2011, 02:56 AM
To me, it sounds pretty normal. I mean, even for me when I get a vaccination, i also feel a bit off for the first few days.

ProClerk
11-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Hey! stay away your puppy from chocolates cause dogs can die by eating chocolates!
I'm pretty sure about this information.