WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Redirection help

writermommy
09-17-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm trying to get www.mysite.com to redirect to www.mysite.com/wordpress. I am using GoDaddy (for both the domain and the hosting) and tried figuring it out myself, but then when I tried to go to either site I got a message about too many redirects. I currently have no other redirects linked to this site (all of my others are currently going from Namecheap to Blogger blogs). Any suggestions?

As a side question: I have GoDaddy hosting for my self-hosted WordPress blogs. Although it is their smallest account, it comes with 10 databases. Will I run into problems down the road if I use those databases for different blogs? This is assuming I don't go over their usage limits. I would have different URLS from Namecheap pointing to these blogs (like I do with Blogger now.) I am considering this because I am thinking about switching all of my Bloggers to WP, but don't know if it will work.

Brogy
10-05-2011, 05:56 AM
Hi
Usually, through Domain control panel you can set where your site is pointing to ( which folder ).
Meanwhile through Admin Interface of WordPress, you can set a wordpress site pointing to a subfolder as a site as example.com
These two settings must be consistent.
You can use same database for different blogs, but you have to name differently every blog's table prefix in wp-config.php. To avoid absolutely to have same tables for different blogs, wordpress or blogger ...

Website Fillers
11-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Take a look at your .htaccess file to see if there are any redirects in there you weren't aware of.

The databases should be fine if you use a separate one for each blog. 10 seems rather low though. But, I don't really GoDaddy hosting anyway. I've used them for domains, but I had issues with getting their hosting to play nice with scripts I wanted to use, so I never went back. If you still have issues with your site, see if someone in their support department can get it working for you.