PDA

View Full Version : Redirection help

writermommy
09-17-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm trying to get www.mysite.com to redirect to www.mysite.com/wordpress. I am using GoDaddy (for both the domain and the hosting) and tried figuring it out myself, but then when I tried to go to either site I got a message about too many redirects. I currently have no other redirects linked to this site (all of my others are currently going from Namecheap to Blogger blogs). Any suggestions?

As a side question: I have GoDaddy hosting for my self-hosted WordPress blogs. Although it is their smallest account, it comes with 10 databases. Will I run into problems down the road if I use those databases for different blogs? This is assuming I don't go over their usage limits. I would have different URLS from Namecheap pointing to these blogs (like I do with Blogger now.) I am considering this because I am thinking about switching all of my Bloggers to WP, but don't know if it will work.

Brogy
10-05-2011, 05:56 AM
Hi
Usually, through Domain control panel you can set where your site is pointing to ( which folder ).
Meanwhile through Admin Interface of WordPress, you can set a wordpress site pointing to a subfolder as a site as example.com
These two settings must be consistent.
You can use same database for different blogs, but you have to name differently every blog's table prefix in wp-config.php. To avoid absolutely to have same tables for different blogs, wordpress or blogger ...

Website Fillers
11-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Take a look at your .htaccess file to see if there are any redirects in there you weren't aware of.

The databases should be fine if you use a separate one for each blog. 10 seems rather low though. But, I don't really GoDaddy hosting anyway. I've used them for domains, but I had issues with getting their hosting to play nice with scripts I wanted to use, so I never went back. If you still have issues with your site, see if someone in their support department can get it working for you.