WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : International Foods

benjaminsoon
09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Hey there : )

Was just wondering what's everyone's understanding towards foreign foods? I'm working for a company that distributes international groceries in the US. We're just researching into our market here in the US and I want to see what's the general perception of international cuisine here.

Do you eat out at many restaurants that serve non-western cuisine often?
Do you cook and serve dishes that are international often?
Do you find trouble in sourcing ingredients or just undestanding the recipes?

Thanks!

TSbyKristina
09-17-2011, 11:54 AM
LOVE to cook International foods! It is so much fun exploring other cuisines! I'm lucky enough that my Supermarket chain (Wegman's) has an international section in their stores. It carries true Mexican, Japanese, Thai, English, Chinese and other brands!

erigsby
09-17-2011, 11:16 PM
I grew up in Ohio where my tastebuds were untouched. I moved to Maui 6 years ago and I've tried so many different kinds of foods now. We have a wide variety of international influence in both restaurants & stores here. I just love trying new things!:)

benjaminsoon
09-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the replies! Being from another country myself, it is extremely encouraging to see individuals who take that first step and venture out of their comfort to try new and exotic cuisines!

Its great to see that nowadays it is easier for one to get the ingredients they need. What are your favorite types of cuisine? What would you like to have to better your understanding of international cuisine? Are there any products that you would like?

DeeAmber
09-27-2011, 06:21 PM
I live in a part of Queens that is said to LITERALLY be the most culturally mixed place in the world. Needless to say, the food never gets boring hehe :)