WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Usborne

Newy
09-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Everyone says they will go to my website but as soon as I take it down that is when they decide to go I never had the type of traffic that I was hoping to get any suggestions to increase traffic etc..

ReadingCanBeFun
09-15-2011, 05:53 PM
I'd recommend listening to some audio training- one of the ones that come to mind is Kathy Hughes training on web sales.

If you are unfamiliar with audio training, log into the ubam site- click on "training" then "audio training". Tons of recorded workshops on everything from home shows to book fairs. (the web sales one is under "miscellaneous")

Newy
09-15-2011, 07:08 PM
You have been so helpful do you do another bussiness on the side as well or is Usborne your main source are you an Ed consultant ?

littledb
09-15-2011, 08:13 PM
HI!

I always recommend to my team that if you are active, keep the website. Most of my sales comes from past customers and those who I meet at boothes, or send my newsletter to. I was one of the top in websales last year, and I think it's because of the follow-up I use to keep in touch.

I also do a little blogging (I should do more) and Facebook networking.

But really, web sales is just an added bonus of sales. Most of my sales are face to face.

What do you want to accomplish with Usborne? How would you like to work your business?

Debbie

Newy
09-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Well I would like to start saving for my first house instead of living in an apartment pay off some past college loans etc. Give more to my church . Those are just some of my goals . Maybe got back to college to become a teacher. I am leaning more towards web sales, fundraisers special events etc.. I am not the home party type

ReadingCanBeFun
09-16-2011, 03:16 AM
I think the "Cards for a Cause" would be a great fit for you- it's an easy fundraiser- and can be done with ANY group (church, school, etc) (Plus- the cards are AWESOME..and a great value..)

Oh- and to answer your other question.. Usborne is not my main business. During the day I run our appliance repair company- answering phones, scheduling, book keeping, etc...so I do Usborne around that.

I am an EC, and a supervisor. You can hear some of my workshops on the audio downloads. (I'm Dawn Berkley) If you aren't a home show person- try listening to my workshop...I am a VERY laid back home shower- I don't talk much(shocking!) - no fancy display, etc...maybe that would help you like them more..lol.

I think your goals are great! So- next step- write them down, and then...the IMPORTANT step- make an action plan. So- decide HOW MUCH you need to save per month for a house, tithing, etc. Then- figure out how much sales you need to achieve your goal. Then...start filling your calendar. Right now is the perfect season- LOTS of booth events, craft shows, etc to get exposure!

littledb
09-16-2011, 05:39 AM
You have great goals! :-) And you can do it!

I do work Usborne "full time" and am our sole income provider. My husband goes back to school.

Last year (2010) I did a workshop on Social Media that may help. I used to work for a prominent online community.

I do second Cards for a Cause. There is an audio training on this as well. I do a little of everything with this biz as I like to mix it up.

Also, I recommend contacting your supervisor. I know I love it when my team contacts me wanting to get restarted, or needs help.

Another great audio is by Lisa H about Creative Marketing. I just had a team member who was struggling listen to that and now she is on fire and re-energized.

Keep in mind it takes time, but if you work your biz consistantly, you will have an amazing business.

Off to work a fair!

Debbie