WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Quota questions please

vhawthorne
09-13-2011, 10:24 AM
I thought I saw the answer somewhere but can't find it...:D

What are the quotas/group volume to maintain "if" one decides to team build and wants to get paid commissions on their downline? And where is the payplan document to see?

Now just to stay active it is only a minimum of $1 order in a 6 month or 3 month period? Is that correct? Plus $10 for website after your first 3 months.

Thank you in advance.

LAscents
09-13-2011, 10:43 AM
I thought I saw the answer somewhere but can't find it...:D

What are the quotas/group volume to maintain "if" one decides to team build and wants to get paid commissions on their downline? And where is the payplan document to see?

Now just to stay active it is only a minimum of $1 order in a 6 month or 3 month period? Is that correct? Plus $10 for website after your first 3 months.

Thank you in advance.

To maintain a downline you need to do $150 in one month, at least once every 3 months. To get paid on downline, you need a minimum $500 each month you want to receive downline bonuses..

To be eligible to place orders you need $1 between July 1 - December 31 to avoid being purged in January.

Website is included in your starter kit for 3 months and then an optional $10 per month thereafter. Without a website you can still place orders and participate in training, but you won't be able to recruit anyone or you won't be able to sell online.

There is a comp matrix on my website - on the how to start a candle biz page. Mods won't permit me to put a link on here, but there's a link on my page if you want to seek it out, it's toward the bottom after the contents of the starter kit.

vhawthorne
09-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Awesome! Thank you so much Laurie :)

DeeAmber
09-14-2011, 03:09 AM
She's right! :)

Basically, there are no quotas if you're just selling yourself, but once you build a downline, you have to maintain a certain amount.

A lot of people choose to join and just sell themselves, for fun money/extra cash and there are some who wish to build a team. I've noticed some shy away from that though.

I was speaking to a few ladies that wanted to join and said the person they were asking questions kind of stepped back from getting them on their team and I'm guessing it's just because they prefer to sell it themselves.

Everyone has a different preference :) I will personally be doing both.

PS. I show your order as posted...did you receive it yet? TTYL girl!

jessicaj
09-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Hey Dee!
When the order shows as shipped you can click on it and get a tracking number. If it is still in "Posted" status it hasn't left the warehouse yet. It's super nice to be able to track orders from the workstation!!
BTW... you are doing so well! Keep up the great work lady! :D

vhawthorne
09-14-2011, 10:48 AM
She's right! :)

Basically, there are no quotas if you're just selling yourself, but once you build a downline, you have to maintain a certain amount.

A lot of people choose to join and just sell themselves, for fun money/extra cash and there are some who wish to build a team. I've noticed some shy away from that though.

I was speaking to a few ladies that wanted to join and said the person they were asking questions kind of stepped back from getting them on their team and I'm guessing it's just because they prefer to sell it themselves.

Everyone has a different preference :) I will personally be doing both.

PS. I show your order as posted...did you receive it yet? TTYL girl!

There you are girl! The 500 quota to maintain is the one I was really wanting to know about.
Just in case you don't pop back in here to verify I will ask so others can respond.

Is the 500 volume needed to get paid commissions "group" volume total or is this a personal sales volume you need? I hope I'm not confusing but as my husband tells me I am pretty anal when it comes to details and knowing stuff! :D

DeeAmber
09-14-2011, 10:50 AM
I wanted to know the same thing as well..if it's $500/month PRV or GRV :)
LAScents is very knowledgeable on this stuff and always likes to help us. I'm going to go look real quick, but I bet she has the answer ;)

DeeAmber
09-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Hey Dee!
When the order shows as shipped you can click on it and get a tracking number. If it is still in "Posted" status it hasn't left the warehouse yet. It's super nice to be able to track orders from the workstation!!
BTW... you are doing so well! Keep up the great work lady! :D

That's what I figured! :) Thanks lady. I really have to get into action quick for Christmas sales! :D

LAscents
09-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Is the 500 volume needed to get paid commissions "group" volume total or is this a personal sales volume you need? I hope I'm not confusing but as my husband tells me I am pretty anal when it comes to details and knowing stuff! :D

You will always be paid on your personal volume, without regard to the amount of personal sales. To get paid on your downline each month it is a three pronged requirement based on 1. Personal sales ($500), 2. Group Wholesale Volume (amount needed varies by rank) and 3. Number of active frontline consultants (those in your frontline who have $150 or more in sales) This number at the consultant level never exceeds 3.

If you don't meet all three of these monthly qualifications you won't receive any downline bonuses but you'll still be paid commission on your own personal sales - which would range from 20-30%. Everyone starts out at 20%. Once you reach a cumulative $1,000 in sales, then you are bumped to 25% and never go back to 20%. Any month you have personal sales $2,000 or more you receive an additional monthly sales bonus of 5%.

DeeAmber
09-14-2011, 11:49 AM
So in a nutshell

There are NO quotas for being a Scentsy consultant if you wish to sell yourself.

If you want to build a team, you have quotas to collect commissions off them, but nothing bad happens if you don't meet your quotas.

Basically, it can't hurt to have a downline! :D

Thanks LAScents.

PS. I read the blog on your website about how some NMs approach people and couldn't agree more. I've been guilty of it, but it only took me about a week to learn it was a huge turn off!

vhawthorne
09-14-2011, 11:51 AM
You will always be paid on your personal volume, without regard to the amount of personal sales. To get paid on your downline each month it is a three pronged requirement based on 1. Personal sales ($500), 2. Group Wholesale Volume (amount needed varies by rank) and 3. Number of active frontline consultants (those in your frontline who have $150 or more in sales) This number at the consultant level never exceeds 3.

If you don't meet all three of these monthly qualifications you won't receive any downline bonuses but you'll still be paid commission on your own personal sales - which would range from 20-30%. Everyone starts out at 20%. Once you reach a cumulative $1,000 in sales, then you are bumped to 25% and never go back to 20%. Any month you have personal sales $2,000 or more you receive an additional monthly sales bonus of 5%.

Thank you. Yes this >>> 1. Personal sales ($500) is the part I wanted to be clear on :)

LAscents
09-14-2011, 07:52 PM
So in a nutshell

There are NO quotas for being a Scentsy consultant if you wish to sell yourself.

Close. But it's not entirely accurate to say "NO quota". If you simply wish to be a personal user, or a salesperson without a downline, then you need to have a minimum of $1 between July 1- Dec.31 to avoid being purged on January.

If you went on the no quota statement, then someone would in theory not buy or sell anything during the last half of the year, for whatever reason, and then come January they wouldn't be a consultant anymore. They may be disappointed if that were to happen if they were originally told there was NO quota.

No quota would indicate they could purchase a kit and then never be required to do anything again, which is not the case.

belovedscents
10-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Dee - what is the website? I would be interested in reading the blog. Thanks, Jessica

So in a nutshell

If you want to build a team, you have quotas to collect commissions off them, but nothing bad happens if you don't meet your quotas.

Basically, it can't hurt to have a downline! :D

Thanks LAScents.

PS. I read the blog on your website about how some NMs approach people and couldn't agree more. I've been guilty of it, but it only took me about a week to learn it was a huge turn off!