WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : My head is spinning.

erinoid
09-10-2011, 07:38 PM
I just signed up and like many of you, I am actually looking for legitimate from-home work. I don't want anything that offers to pay 10000 dollars a week. I'd prefer to find something that doesn't pay well, but is real. Can anybody send me in the right direction? These scams are making my head spin.

erinoid
09-10-2011, 07:54 PM
That doesn't sound bad. I actually have some experience in promoting. How do you get involved in that? Thanks.

qualityliving
09-11-2011, 12:54 PM
The last comment was deleted so let me ask what kind of promoting have u done??

angienewton
09-12-2011, 09:03 AM
I just signed up and like many of you, I am actually looking for legitimate from-home work. I don't want anything that offers to pay 10000 dollars a week. I'd prefer to find something that doesn't pay well, but is real. Can anybody send me in the right direction? These scams are making my head spin.

There are so many legitimate ways to work from home. What are your interests, experience, etc.? And may I ask why you don't want something that pays well? I have never heard that before...you need to get paid what you're worth so don't settle for any less.

Tell us more what you're looking for....do you want to do home parties? would you rather have a job or business?

Christine Hiebel
09-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Erin,
What do you LOVE to do! When you can find something that gets you excited and happy, then look for a business that is in alignment. For me, my daughter is the most important thing. I want to be a stay at home mom!

I looked to my interests once I knew my WHY (I wanted to stay home and it was important enough for me that I found something that brought in enough money within a year so I did not have to go back!)

I used to run a blog called Passion Parent (Where A Parent Can Be A Parent! | Passion Parent (http://www.passionparent.com) - most of it (the first year) was lost, but there is some stuff there). The areas I blogged about were Their Health, Their Wealth and Their Mind.

Health- I love holistic medicine
Wealth- their wealth starts with the parents... get a two year plan now so in two years you are financially where you want to be (can happen quicker). I also partic
Mind- Our children are reflecting what is going on in their environment. Learning to look at what is going on and guiding them by making better choices.

Then keep your eyes open for opportunity. My opportunity came in a form I was very opposed to- keep an open mind, but know what works for you and follow your intuition. I KNEW I did not want another network marketing business and I knew why! I did not want to bring anyone in and then they have to by product at the cost of $100 or more ($250 to maximize the comp plan in one of the top juice companies).

When ViSalus was introduced to me, I was not interested, but I did keep an open mind. When I found their comp plan eliminates the autoship if someone brings in three customers with the same Body by Vi kit, I was excited. The product was in alignment with my passion... it is a product that children can drink and obtain great nutrition. They also have a great fundraiser to feed underprivileged children.

So, my suggestion is to evaluate what gets you excited, take an inventory of your talents and then keep an eye out for opportunities that fit. Then do some due diligence on the company.

All the best!

shelley.wetzel
09-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi Erin,

As you're looking, keep in mind that “Home-based business” and "Working from home" can be 2 very different things.

1) One you have created/own for yourself doing something you love to do such as selling a craft/decorations, or pet care, or sewing/alterations, etc.

2) One you have as an independent consultant/distributor for an established company. They provide the product…..and you provide the footwork to get it to the end customer.
There is a variety of companies out there providing products you can really love to share and sell to others.

That would be key to your success.

If you are really into health and wellness, look into some nutrition companies. If you really like cosmetics, there are some nice companies out there. If you like books/education, candles, children’s toys, food, greeting cards, jewelry….and more….you can find a good company that is looking for a good distributor/partner to work with.

But finding a company is NOT your first step.

Your first step is to find out what YOU want…..what do YOU like to do…..what do YOU enjoy working with…..what do YOU want to accomplish. THEN you would take steps to create your business …OR …find a company you are confident you can work with and trust to help you meet your goals.

Instructing you how to do that would take more than this post allows for, and…. like I said, it’s not the first step you need to be concerned with. Your first step is to really all about YOU. If you narrow down what you are really looking to do, you will shorten your learning curve and reap the benefits of accelerating your income much faster.

If you want to chat in more detail or more personalized to you, just message me. I’m here to help.

~shelley