WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Have a Back Up Plan

MMShell
09-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Remember the saying we we told as kids, "don't put all your eggs in one basket"? It wasnt to keep room for candy either! LOL!

A quick story.... A few yrs ago my husband was injured in the line of duty ending his police career early.... Some think officers are well taken care off but they are not these days... We had to fight for medical care and went a prolonged period of time without any income from his employer ( he was main source). I had a work at home part time job but it wasnt enough.. Time for a Back Up plan.... I dabbled in Networking businesses but I had to buy large amounts of inventory, book parties and more... Having been injured in an auto accident myself I couldn't keep up with those type of businesses.... Now my husband was forced into retirement at half his prior income.

When The Rastelli's called with their concept, I knew right away it was the perfect fit...we joined as soon as it launched and we immediately eliminated the largest portion of our food bill and began earning an income. Oh and the incentives of having a home biz were great.. With food there are so many write offs because just think of all that involves food... Appliances, condiments for tastings, gas, electricity, internet, phone, computer, pots/pans, the monthly web service fee, cable (foodnetwork channel etc) I could keep going...We actually got a nice return finally!

Well last week I was sadly laid off from my part time job.... At first I had a meltdown then I sat back and said thank god I have Rastelli as my Back Up plan... I dont have to worry about my food budget and have an income to help now... I will now have to the time to devote 100% to Rastelli and help others turn a Back Up plan to a retirement plan.

Everyone should have a home business as a back up plan, for tax relief and to help eliminate bills from there budget.... When looking at getting involved in a home business make sure the product to be sold is not an extra but a necessity. The things people give
up in financial hard times are extras... I've been there and the first cuts I made were buying my favorite candles, supplements, beauty products, etc. My friends understood but they found themselves losing customer after customer in this economy and many without me asking have become a part of our Rastelli family team! With food I know people cant give that up...

ghumes
09-09-2011, 05:11 AM
Well said, Michelle!

When one door closes, another opens. I truly believe that as well as everything happens for a reason. You've done so well with Rastelli Direct while holding a part time job, think of the opportunity you now have since you can devote ALL your time to RD!

Good things are ahead.... :D

AvParties4u
09-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Very Nice Post, Michelle!

Thank you so much for sharing your story, yes well said! ♥
I also believe that and believe everything happens for a reason...

Congrats to you Michelle and thank you for inspiring me.
I believe that all good things are to come for you and for us all.

Teresa :)

LamonicaE
09-09-2011, 08:02 PM
I enjoyed reading your story. It's great that you had a back up plan.

Good luck with your business!

MMShell
09-09-2011, 09:11 PM
I enjoyed reading your story. It's great that you had a back up plan.

Good luck with your business!

Thank you Lamonica and so much to all of you! I'm nervous, excited and confident the future will prove to be great! I'm blessed with a supportive team, whom I consider family, blessed witn a supportive husband and blessed with an amazing opportunity...

Never let a negative discourage you from what lies ahead... We are in control of our fate and dwelling on the negative will only bring you down... As Gina said when one door closes......... My other door has been peeking open... Time to kick it open and bring my family (team) all the best there is to offer!

Thanks for the positive vibes! Love to all!

DeeAmber
09-17-2011, 01:35 PM
MMShell, now you can put all your efforts into Rastelli and build a full-time income for you and hubby!

I work full-time, but if anything ever happened to me, I would just look at it like something that was meant to be because I'd be able to put in 4x more time than I am now, and therefore make even more.

I have a 3-year goal to be completely working from home and making $65,000/year or more.
I looked at Rastelli. Cannot join, as I had to quit other ventures because I was literally burning myself out so bad I almost fainted at work and my hands are full with my current two..however, I wanted to buy some of the actual product. Was trying to do a cost comparison with my grocery store, though, because I already get some really good deals.

I get really happy hearing that people are working for themselves from home these days and hope it becomes the trend over the next 20 years!

MMShell
09-17-2011, 03:51 PM
MMShell, now you can put all your efforts into Rastelli and build a full-time income for you and hubby!

I work full-time, but if anything ever happened to me, I would just look at it like something that was meant to be because I'd be able to put in 4x more time than I am now, and therefore make even more.

I have a 3-year goal to be completely working from home and making $65,000/year or more.
I looked at Rastelli. Cannot join, as I had to quit other ventures because I was literally burning myself out so bad I almost fainted at work and my hands are full with my current two..however, I wanted to buy some of the actual product. Was trying to do a cost comparison with my grocery store, though, because I already get some really good deals.

I get really happy hearing that people are working for themselves from home these days and hope it becomes the trend over the next 20 years!

Aww thanks for that.. And yes I can put 100% in now... My goal is a five year one with 3 left on it and it's going smooth so far... I never believe in things happening overnight will last...
I hear you on having to narrow things down... I will tell you one thing I just went to a grocery store and was comparing... The Scottish Salmon at the grocery story was $30.99 a pound and Rastelli's you get 2.25 pounds for $34.99. WOW! I actually took a picture of it.. I'm going back to photograph all the other comparisons, but to me it the sanitary and food safety end that is critical. Having had a friends child pass away due to ecoli, it's key in our lives. If you go to my Facebook fan page in my signature you'll see some pictures and food facts throughout.
I'm so passionate about having families eat safe and live healthy. Business is secondary, health and wellness is first..
Thanks for your kind words! Good luck to you too and if you ever want to try a product I'd be happy to help you and have you as a customer. You seem very passionate yourself about your family! Have a great weekend!! :D

DeeAmber
09-18-2011, 03:27 PM
You're welcome!

That's very cool. Does Rastelli have a price comparison list somewhere? Also, how is it shipped? Dry ice?

coloradowahm
09-18-2011, 09:28 PM
There is a price comparison in our presentation on our websites, comparing to Whole Foods and Omaha Steaks. We just did another comparison tonight with the bacon wrapped filet mignons and the NY Strip steaks to Costco.com and Rastelli came out cheaper! Yeah! And the quality does not compare!

Everything is shipped in a styrofoam cooler with dry ice! It's awesome!

MMShell
09-19-2011, 03:28 PM
You're welcome!

That's very cool. Does Rastelli have a price comparison list somewhere? Also, how is it shipped? Dry ice?

Hi Dee

I'm pm'ing you

Michelle