WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Swapping

LorettaA
09-08-2011, 05:59 AM
If any of you like swapping products with other consultants there are a few facebook groups you can check out. Look up Vendor Swap Group, Direct Sales Order Swap, and Catalog Party Swap.

Each group seems to have a good representation of some companies including Scentsy, 31, Avon, Mary Kay, Dove and Tastefully Simple...just some I see a lot of in these groups. But, I think there is plenty of room for bath and body, health and wellness, books, jewelry, home decor, etc. I remember specifically seeing a request for At Home America and Miche is under-represented. The jewelry companies I usually see are lia sophia and Cookie Lee, haven't seen many others.

The good thing about these groups is you only swap for what you and when you want. There's no required amount to spend, you don't have to pick some one at the beginning of the month, and you swap even (dollar for dollar) so you avoid spending more than someone would spend with you.

Just thought I would share this with the holidays coming it might be a way to stock up on a variety of gifts.

bianca5454
09-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Wonderful! I've been wanting to do some Christmas shopping.
Thank you for the lead. I'll be checking it out. :)

Motivated Mom
09-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks for sharing! Swapping is a good idea and a great way to get others familiar with your product. I will look into this on Facebook.

udesignit
09-08-2011, 04:33 PM
This sounds like a great plan. Thanks for sharing.

uderin02
09-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Awesome...thanks for sharing :)

Heather750
09-09-2011, 03:51 AM
Thanks Loretta! I have had some really good swaps on the Direct Sales Order Swap page, going to look for the other ones :)

LorettaA
09-10-2011, 05:11 AM
Just getting back to this message. Glad you all found this useful. I like supporting other people in business so I will get as many gifts as I can through this method.

VelmaD
09-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Absolutely love the idea of swapping. I'm going to get an early start on Christmas lists and then check this out more, although I always have to keep in mind cross-border logistics.

emilyallison
09-18-2011, 05:51 PM
I've been in search of a swapping directory! Thanks for posting!

Onebag
09-18-2011, 08:34 PM
I love this idea off to check it out right now. And Miche is under represented every where :D

VelmaD
09-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Thanks for opening up a whole new way to shop.
(And only a small part of me is being sarcastic in this comment -- most of me loves it completely!)

MonicaH
09-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Wow! I am overwhelmed by the number of swaps people are interested in with me! I have enough to last me until next month probably! Thanks so much for the tip and so far "Direct Sales Order Swap" is a good one for me. I even found people there that I already knew too!