WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Better in Person???

1<3liasophia
08-10-2011, 05:38 PM
I saw on a previous reply about Baubles and Marabou that Baubles looks better in person.

What other pieces do you guys think look better in person? I have so many customers that don't recognize some pieces in the catalog that they see in person. I think the fall/winter catalog does a better job of displaying the jewelry. However, here are my picks...

Sugar Plum
Plaza
Improv (my biggest booking piece)

What do you guys think? Any of the new catalog pieces surprise or disappoint you? I LOVE talking about all the jewelry!!!! I got Botanica in the mail today and am in love with it! Especially when you tie it with a shoestring tie...completely changes it.

sustamper
08-11-2011, 10:29 AM
What do you mean shoe string tie?

1<3liasophia
08-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Well, that's kinda hard to explain, but I'll try. Say you have the reflection necklace...

With the necklace unclasped...In the center of the necklace, tie the necklace like you would on the first step of tying your shoelaces. Don't pull it all the way tight, leave about a 1 to 2 inch loop. Then when you hold the necklace up it should hang kinda like Melodrama or Celestial with a knot in the middle and then something hanging down (won't be strands hanging down like those two necklaces (but the loop will hang straight). If you can't figure it out, let me know and I'll take a picture. Very hard to explain.

littlejeannie
08-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Well, that's kinda hard to explain, but I'll try. Say you have the reflection necklace...

With the necklace unclasped...In the center of the necklace, tie the necklace like you would on the first step of tying your shoelaces. Don't pull it all the way tight, leave about a 1 to 2 inch loop. Then when you hold the necklace up it should hang kinda like Melodrama or Celestial with a knot in the middle and then something hanging down (won't be strands hanging down like those two necklaces (but the loop will hang straight). If you can't figure it out, let me know and I'll take a picture. Very hard to explain.

sorry, but my brain just can't wrap around this right now!! ;) could you send a picture? jeanniemessier@comcast.net

thanks!! :)

jewelgirl31
08-14-2011, 05:41 PM
take the necklace.. unclasped...hold one end in your left hand, other end in your right hand.. cross it over like you are going to tie a knot in it in the center. (you kind of have to jiggle it to, to keep it from tangling) ...just don't pull it tight enough to make the knot.... you will then have a loop hanging down in the center. then clasp it and wear it...does that help or make any sense.?

Cris

littlejeannie
08-14-2011, 06:03 PM
take the necklace.. unclasped...hold one end in your left hand, other end in your right hand.. cross it over like you are going to tie a knot in it in the center. (you kind of have to jiggle it to, to keep it from tangling) ...just don't pull it tight enough to make the knot.... you will then have a loop hanging down in the center. then clasp it and wear it...does that help or make any sense.?

Cris

ok, i think i get this! i was reading the last post at about midnight, and my mind just wasn't there! ;)