WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

sohnikh
08-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi i have been with avon mary kay and jafra i could not stand with jafra and mary kay cuz they charge for shipping avon never charged me for shipping which i like the most about this compAny . My customers dont like to pay for shipping so if i stand along any company that charges shipping that money i will have to pay out from my pocket so Its like losing money instead of making money so are there any companies like avon?

Lcart55
08-05-2011, 10:38 AM
One of the things I like is the variety Avon presents to it's customers as well as the money back guarantee for their products. The free shipping sure doesn't hurt either.

WooTini
08-05-2011, 02:25 PM
IMO, ya gotta look at the whole enchilada and figure out what plan is best overall.

IMO, it's not very prudent to think Avon is automatically better because of the shipping issue.

I'm not with Jafra any longer... but their shipping rates were very low - and their commissions were higher than Avon. So paying $13 for shipping is no big deal (that was the maximum they were charging when I was with them. One $26 order covers the shipping - and then it's 50% was easy to get.

Lots of things I despise about Jafra... lol.... but their shipping rates weren't one of them. :)

carterstory
08-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Beauty Society does charge shipping but it's nothing like I've seen with other companies tacking on large shipping and "administrative costs" onto each order that seems like they use it as a profit center, not as actual shipping. They charge $3 for up to $24.00, $6 for up to $199 or Free for over $200.

They also offer a 1 year money back gurantee for all their products (I know Avon doesn't have a limit, but if you aren't going to do it in 12 months.. you aren't going to do it at all.)

udesignit
08-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Shipping costs companies lots of money. If you purchase and ship boxes, it will give you an idea of what shipping cost these days. Companies can probably save on shipping materials but not on postage, etc. As a consumer, I do not mind paying for shipping because the products are shipped to my home. To me, it is a convenience I am willing to pay for. I do not want to wait to have my products delivered by a rep or have to chase my products down.
I have to do this with some party plans because it was part of a hostess party. As a rep, you can deduct shipping on your taxes for samples/products send to you. Avon is a corporate powerhouse so they probably found ways to not charge shipping but recoup costs in some other way. I think it is great that Avon does this!

avonlady916
09-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Avon also has no inventory which is Huge, 100% guarantee on the products (no shipping) which has been discussed.

Add to that its been in business since 1886 - so 34 years before women even had the right to VOTE Avon was here.
Amazing :)

Bonnie
:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

DeeAmber
09-27-2011, 10:36 AM
I don't know of any companies that don't charge shipping, but I am very happy with Avon's very lost cost shipping. I've kept in mind that they are a business and it does cost a lot to ship. That being said, I think most good companies will keep their shipping prices as low as possible. No complaints here :)

belovedscents
10-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Scentsy Wickless Candles does not charge shipping on orders of over $150.00, so any party that I have is shipped free, and if I am collecting individual orders I always combine them with other orders to ensure that they are shipped for free as well. I have found that with Scentsy I can encourage a customer to add a few extra items to their order because they won't have to pay for the shipping. These extra items I do make a commission off of whereas shipping charges I would not have so it works to make the customer happy and makes me a little extra money. I would be happy to share some more information with you about Scentsy and the wonderful opportunity we have. Please message me if you are interested in learning more.

simplefinds
10-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Havvn has a free shipping for life program for business owners & free yearly shipping club for preferred customers!