WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Having Some Scentsy Issues.

Kris<3herbabes
07-30-2011, 04:26 PM
I've been with Scentsy for almost a year. .Love it I do.. but after the first few months... This summer has been so slow it's actually putting me in the hole with buying the scent of the month and my Website dues.. I've tried to push for people to sign up under me starting in August for the double Scentsy testers.. but I've not gotten one single bite.

I feel like I might have to Quit Scentsy.. And it pains me because i love it so much.I know my Team Leader told me that the summer is super slow and not to let it get me down but she's having no problems signing people up under her. I've only gotten the 1 girl signed up under me the month after I started and she's already gotten 6 people under her!!

I pride myself on my ability to talk to anyone but it's just not working for me
Any tips?
Thanks so much!!

xx

personalchef
07-30-2011, 09:32 PM
I left Scentsy due to the way they pay. I didn't have a problem with the scents or anything else. Perhaps this is just a slow month, but to be honest - Christmas is not that far away.

Perhaps you could get people started with shopping. If they joing scent a warmer of the month know - their Christmas shopping might be done and they won't have extreme bills to pay afterward.

Halloween and fall come before Christmas - that may be an angle to get people with - get some fall scents now.....

samcleod
08-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Start calling your previous hostesses and getting them on your calendar for the fall time. Also go to youtube and search scentsy booking. This will give you ideas on how to get started on keeping your calendar full.

I would also recommend looking for a vendor event in your area, or even creating a Girls night out event with several vendors and have them pay an entrance fee to help cover the cost of the venue. I have a feeling if you did a girls night out type of thing you would be full of vendors within a few days to a week or two. You can get a bunch of people to give you their information if you offer a drawing, and you can then have a whole host of new people to contact to see if they want to sign up or host a party.

AletheaAnderson
08-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Hello Kris,

You do know the SOTM is optional correct? You are not required to purchase a SOTM or WOTM by any means! I am not on the auto ship at all, if there is a warmer/scent I want that is new, I simply order it and take advantage of the 10% off! (they also just lowered the activity requirement from $150 in one of 3 months on ANY purchase in 3 mo) If you have a team, the team requirements are the same)

You can turn on/off the SOTM/WOTM memberships very easily as well!

Summer CAN be slow, however for me the past two months have been very profitable from existing customers re-ordering. I think it's kind of mind over matter, when people tell you "the Summer months are slow" some people kind of 'expect' it to be you know? My leader is kicking some serious butt LOL. She is leading the path with tons of home parties and basket parties!

Team building can take some practice, remeber "TINY" it's (Their Interest Not Yours) You have to find their hot button! A lot of times we natually lead with what led US to the business ~ but we have to find what it is that a recruit is attracted to. Extra Money? More time with family? To earn a trip? Time out of the house doing parties (break from hubby/kids LOL) etc...

It's not 'hard' to recruit, you just have to find the right words to say! Some people will say "hey wanna join it's $99 and you get a double kit!" and they'll hear "no thanks".

Some will say "How would an extra $500 for holiday shopping this year change your life this christmas season?" and then you've captured someoene's attention!

Work with your upline, and take advantage of the amazing training tools and calls we have in our back office too! :)

ddsoffice
08-02-2012, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=Kris<3herbabes;2807216]I've been with Scentsy for almost a year. .Love it I do.. but after the first few months... This summer has been so slow it's actually putting me in the hole with buying the scent of the month and my Website dues.. I've tried to push for people to sign up under me starting in August for the double Scentsy testers.. but I've not gotten one single bite.

I feel like I might have to Quit Scentsy.. And it pains me because i love it so much.I know my Team Leader told me that the summer is super slow and not to let it get me down but she's having no problems signing people up under her. I've only gotten the 1 girl signed up under me the month after I started and she's already gotten 6 people under her!!

I pride myself on my ability to talk to anyone but it's just not working for me
Any tips?
Thanks so much!!

xx [/QUOT
==========================================
A: Feels like 'chicken one week and 'feathers' the next with your sales doesn't it? As with ANY business involving sales direct to the consumer the time and costs for your marketing are always the biggest challenge especially if you are just starting out and have a shoestring marketing budget or maybe what seems like none at all.

If you have no other consistent source of income as most in straight commission sales organizations do not, the 'pain' of a sales 'slump' can be magnifid affecting your personal morale as it drags on impacting your personal economic functioning as well as those on your team. This is why it is so important to have a team of fellow members in your organization to 'master mind' with together, practice your approach, presentation and answering objections skills along with sharing referrals from those in the group who have 'overbooked' their weeks for example until your marketing methods are effectively in place and your sales/recruiting volumes are consistently at your desired levels..

Knowing when to 'quit' a venture is important too and key to sparing yourself alot of time(and money) wasted. Consider checking out the book 'The Dip' by Seth Godin at your local library, it's a short, wise read. In my opinion, and having done so myself, quitting what you love to do and knowing when to because it really isn't 'working' for your goals in life/'draining your finances'/'negatively impacting your personal life or health can be very important and liberating because it can open up other options. Also, even if you decide to 'quit Scentsy' there's nothing that says you can't start up with it again down the road when your personal finances and situation make it easier for you to do it, is there?

In closing, best to you in your sweet smelling business (I'm a happy customer).

PS: There are lots of very good sales books, training materials and trainers online, here are a few of my all time author and trainer favorites: Tom Hopkins, Brian Tracy, Michael Port, Diane DiResta and Nightingale Conant are all great to keep yourself strong in your training and moving forward.

imamomagain
08-03-2012, 03:46 AM
Hopefully, she is still hanging in there with her Scentsy business considering this post is from last year...

ddsoffice
08-03-2012, 11:14 AM
'Just havin' some fun pulling up threads for subject matter-in this case someone who was having a slow period and needed some constructive input. Others reading now can chime in with their recommendations creating a 'free for all' thanks to the original post.

I've seen some threads as old as 4 years receive bumps with increasingly current and invaluable information.

What recommendations or ideas do you have for someone in the OP's situation? Your contributions have the potential to reach many searching for answers online.

UTBly07
08-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Can you offer a personal special, via email, even just offering an extra half price item for hosts who hold a qualifying party? Sometimes even just that gets people interested!