WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

MMShell
07-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Ok so most of the US is in triple digit heat.... UGH! So what have you found the best foods to have in such warm weather?

I'm loving the fish because it's so quick to cook and with a little seasoning it's done in less than 15 mins... Light, flaky and not heavy in the belly!

Stay cool everyone!! I hear we are in for a few more days of this and August hasn't arrived yet!!

RitrMom
07-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Despite the heat, we still fired up the grill for the last two days! Majorly toasty, but so worth it. On the menu? Mesquite grilled RD sirloin strip steaks last night and the incredible RD pork chops tonight. Kept the side dishes light and had ice cream for dessert!

I hear we're in for a kinda/sorta break soon (as in 87 versus 99). Fingers crossed. I love the heat, but come on. ;)

coloradowahm
07-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Thankfully we have not had to deal with that here in the Rocky Mountains! The grill has been my best friend lately too! Although last night we had the flat iron steak and the salmon and made both of those in a pan and it was delicious! It's exciting that I actually "look forward" to cooking now! That's a HUGE deal! LOL!

MMShell
07-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Thankfully we have not had to deal with that here in the Rocky Mountains! The grill has been my best friend lately too! Although last night we had the flat iron steak and the salmon and made both of those in a pan and it was delicious! It's exciting that I actually "look forward" to cooking now! That's a HUGE deal! LOL!

Isn't it funny getting excited to cook!! I laugh every time I'm planning dinner, because it's so enjoyable... Now eating out isn't unless we go somewhere that we know serves Rastelli products.. LOL.. Talk about savings now!! We honestly went from eating out an average of 3 nights a week to once a month!!

Love it! And luck you in the Rockies!! I'm jealous! :)

ghumes
07-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Well it's definitely feeling a heck of a lot nicer here in NJ! I think we are in the high 80's today with very little humidity...what a huge difference from last week. Last week's heat was like nothing I ever felt before in NJ....

I have to agree with everyone....I've been on a major fish kick so that's what I've been eating, even on the grill in the heat! The Mahi Mahi is AWESOME on the grill, so I roughed and stood outside just enough to flip it. As always, It was WELL worth it! :D