WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I'm Quitting!

ktjones
06-18-2011, 11:24 PM
I just took the last drag off my final cigarette.

I am determined this time to FINALLY quit after many failed attempts.
I realize that the money and effort into smoking can be put into other things that are more useful and beneficial for me (and healthier!)

I plan to battle this addiction by placing all my energy into the things that I need to accomplish anyway. I know I can do it this time!!!

Wish me luck :)

Hugalicious Ragdolls
06-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Good luck, I gave up smoking 16 years ago, can't stand to be around smokers now. I had made many attempts before, but until I had really made a decision myself, and not one that others had try to push me in, it was in futile.

Hugalicious Ragdolls
06-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Good luck, I gave up smoking 16 years ago, can't stand to be around smokers now. I had made many attempts before, but until I had really made a decision myself, and not one that others had try to push me in, it was futile.

Amy Jacobs
06-19-2011, 06:13 AM
You can do it!! I never smoked my hubby did. He quit 11 years ago cold Turkey when we brought home our son from the hospital.

Now he cant stand the smell when someone smokes around us.

Susan Holloway
06-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Awesome! Your mindset is the important thing - you'll succeed this time :).

~Susan~

iambarbara
06-19-2011, 01:49 PM
I encourage you to MAKE A COMMITMENT to stop smoking.

When we set our mind to a commitment, we are more likely to follow through rather than just say I am determined or going to try my best.

You can do ALL things..including this :)

ktjones
06-19-2011, 07:52 PM
My commitment is to use the money I spent on cigarettes and apply it to my blog :)

bellajessa
06-19-2011, 10:07 PM
You can do it!!!!!!!....keep focused on your goal. Once your mind is set there is no turning back.

If others can do it, so can you!!

:D:):cool:

ParentingCoachLisa
06-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Your determination will take you there. You can do it! Just ask for the Lord's guidance and He will lead you to the right path.

yeshuaisiam
06-27-2011, 03:04 PM
My Aunt right now is in hospice and they just took out her feeding tube. Her cancer is closing in on her wind pipe and they could barely jam a special order trake (sp?) into her to breathe.

She is not expected to live for another 3-4 days. She's in Ft. Worth.
Very sad situation. The last 10 years she fought with cancer of the mouth, jaw, and tongue.

All due to smoking.

Congratulations on quitting. It will save your health and money!

worksfromhome
07-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Good for you. You can do it. It is hard but it will be well worth it.

murdoch
07-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Quitting bad habits not just help the person who is shunning the bad habit, but it's surrounding community as well. That's a great decision to quit smoking habit. Good Luck!`

diy-day
07-29-2011, 07:11 AM
I plan to battle this addiction by placing all my energy into the things that I need to accomplish anyway. I know I can do it this time!!!

And if all else fails, try hypnotism. I hear it works wonders...;)

Juanita10
07-29-2011, 09:44 AM
You have made an awesome decision for your life!! Just continue to pray and surround yourself around nonsmokers. Its all in the mindset. When you feel the urge just tell your mind and body no! The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. You can do this!!!!!!!

Beth Guerra
07-29-2011, 11:04 AM
For years my Mom had struggled with trying to kick the smoking habit. She became a christian a few years ago and decided to give it another try. She posted a note on her refrigerator that said, "Do Not Smoke. Ask the Lord and He will help me through it." So every time she struggled she went to the refrigerator, read the message and prayed. A calm would come over her and before she knew it she had quit and doesn't even have the urge. It doesn't even bother her to be around other smokers. She has been habit free for four years.

DeeAmber
07-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Awesome! Hats off to you. I know how hard addiction is. I can't even stop drinking my coffee! No joke...although I realize it probably won't kill me, it's not the best for me because I have such a sensitive nervous system and I'm dealing with hormone issues. Congrats, to you. If you "mess up", hop back on the train the next day.

codergirl
07-29-2011, 04:43 PM

I realize that the money and effort into smoking can be put into other things that are more useful and beneficial for me (and healthier!)

Good luck! :)

xpressmom
07-29-2011, 04:54 PM
I know you can do it! It is hard the first few weeks, but you can get there. I quit smoking 30 years ago and so glad I did. The funny thing is now I have the smell of cigarettes. So expensive now I would need another job to pay for them. I am cheering for you!

skinnybodycare01
08-04-2011, 03:37 PM
You should also look into setting up a rewards program for yourself; use the money that you are saving by not buying cigarettes to fund it if necessary. A year of smoking can easily cost more than $1,800 so you have a generous budget to work with if you are working towards permanent results. Just be sure to look for things that you really want to help encourage you.

cruise_labs
08-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Good luck, I gave up smoking 16 years ago, can't stand to be around smokers now. I had made many attempts before, but until I had really made a decision myself, and not one that others had try to push me in, it was futile.

Wow! I salute you. :)

cruise_labs
08-05-2011, 06:20 AM

good luck :)

CuriousLisa
08-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Great to hear ktjones!!

Good luck and stay strong!!