WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Streamlite

image consultant
06-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Does anyone know what the parameters are to have an order sent via Streamlite? This means it comes in your mailbox via US Post Office even after paying high shipping prices. I had a large order come this way took 7 days rather than 3 Fed Ex takes I complained but no one seems to know at headquarters why or when orders get sent that way. I imagine it is a cost saving to them but my product was not in the best shape and they need to stop sending big orders that way it takes too long to get them.

spateacher
06-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Never heard of it.

bcsam24
06-08-2011, 07:48 PM
I've had a couple orders sent via Streamlite lately and I really have no idea why. The one was a smaller order, another was a larger order price wise but small products. One product was in good shape but the box was crushed. Since it was my personal product I wasn't concerned but I never would have given it to a client. I'm sure it's a cost saving measure, but when I'm paying $14.50 for shipping (end of month), I expect it sent as quickly as possible. Streamlite is not faster than fed ex, so that's a little disappointing.

wmalspaugh
06-09-2011, 04:36 AM
I have complained as well but no one is listening. I have had items missing from the US Postal service, I have had items stolen, I have had items delivered late. When the USPS comes out to deliver the package on the FIRST try, I get a note that says (3rd time for delivery attempt, final notice) and I KNOW they have not tried to deliver the package.

I always asked that they use FED EX but they don't. I think I will have to send an email because I don't think the call center personnel send our questions and problems up to their supervisor and up the ranks at BeautiControl.

Perhaps if we all did the email thing, they would start to notice???:(

image consultant
06-09-2011, 05:27 AM
Yes email Daisy and tell her you are unhappy with it. Sometimes costs can be cut in the wrong way this is one that is WRONG. We pay a lot of money to shop product and expect it from FED Ex not the Post Office. Tell her things were stolen. CCC likely never tells upper management. Daisy has a lot of fires to put out right now we need to make sure she has a complete list anyone who doesn't like Streamlite, Freedom Plan, or any other aspect tell her. If you have good suggestions tell her. We need everyone's input and help.

jenn20001
06-09-2011, 12:19 PM
I would agree that I don't care for my products to come through the USPS. I have complained, but they need to continue to hear from you! Often times, we don't take our complaints to the right person. Depending on the weight of the box, it will either ship Fedx or Streamlite. When it goes to the packaging place, the call center has no control over how it ships. It comes down to the weight. Keep letting BC know! Always write down who you talk to at the call center and if you aren't happy ask for their supervisor. They are working hard to give us great service, but sometimes we need more help! :) BC cares about you!

didamde
06-09-2011, 12:29 PM
I got my order today, thru Fed Ex, and my shipping box looked like an accordian. Inside, my Scrub tube and Tinted Moisturizer box were both smashed. I called the Care Center to inform them. Not a good impression for being a new consultant, but she was very kind and helpful. (I asked about Streamlite and was told that orders less than 5 lbs were shipped by them.)

image consultant
06-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Thanks for telling us it is 5 pounds they told me it was 3 pounds or less a while back which I knew was not true because I had an order heavier than that come Streamlite. I may order a Show of Hands or something else heavy next time I do a smaller order to keep it from going Streamlite.

Fed Ex is so much faster but yes once in a while they get their packages messed up too the worst one I had was a busted toner but they replaced what was ruined BC is very good about that. Cudos on Product Replacement. Welcome to BC by the way:).

TifAnnaJack
06-13-2011, 12:15 PM
This is a severe pain point of mine! I sent Charla a HUGE email complaining about this.

I had 2 large spas at the end of May and I also ordered neck wraps and other sales aids. My sales aids and some of my products came via FedEx and then the rest of my product came streamline about 5 days later. I called and complained but no luck. My first 2 spas in June my order was over $1000 and since I have 8 spas in June I bought more neck wraps and I'm just about out of beautibooks so I ordered just 20 (since they'll be changing in August). Same thing again...I got my neckwraps and they sent me 60 product guides (only charged me for 20) and missing 13 items that need to go to clients.

This is twice in less than a month that I have had to beg, borrower and plead with other consultants in my area to borrow products while I wait on streamline. I paid $15 for shipping with my first order and I should get it all together. Heck, if they put all the sales aids in one box and products in the other they both would weigh more than 5 pounds a piece and can be sent via FedEx in 2 seperate boxes.

I called BC and the rep on the phone was nasty which then led me to send my email to Charla. This is a HUGE pain point with my director as well and many others.

They either need to lower the price of shipping or get it together and just mail everything via FedEx or UPS. Granted I understand 7 to 10 business days but we should be getting our order in full not part now and part later.

This gets me so upset that every time I think of it my face feels hot.

TifAnnaJack
06-13-2011, 12:28 PM
I meant Streamlite not Streamline...LOL

LuvEmMakeupMlms
06-14-2011, 06:15 AM
I am not familiar with every mlm on this board, but I know Jafra sends theirs fedex and mary kay sends theirs ups and I think arbonne uses a main carrier too. My point is why does Beauticontrol do this to their consultants? It's because they are making money off shipping fees.

Having recently left the company for two reasons, the new skincare line and the shipping costs, I know what you are talking about. I even added to the discussion of this on facebook.

I ordered as a client, and the product came barely stuck in the packaging that was too small for it. I know that Paula's choice (which I also sometimes order) comes in a nice box.

Beauticontrol needs somebody like me at the helm that says "this represents the company as much as the flashy literature and new green colors".

image consultant
06-14-2011, 10:24 AM
I am not sure when they started using Streamlite I think it was sometime in 2010 but whenever it was it is a poor way to send any order including back orders.

LuvEmMakeupMlms
06-15-2011, 06:24 AM
There must be something going on in the shipping world that's changed. I got some free shipping that was sent from Amazon to something called fedex smartpost and then transferred over to the post office once it reached my city.

For some reason this seems to take longer. I ordered an item on the 5th, it was sent to ship on the 8th and it is schedule for delivery today! That may seem like a long time to some of you, but last year I was ordering regularly from Amazon book and tapes and they so got so good that one time I ordered two day shipping on something, and regular shipping on something else, and they both got here at the same time.

UPS is using it too it's calles surepost. I only know that it seems to take a LOT longer.

I don't like the newer delays or the new system, but free is free.

TifAnnaJack
06-15-2011, 09:11 AM
LuvEmMakeupMlms, Can you please provide the link to me on facebook where it's being talked about? Something has got to happen! This is HORRIBLE customer service!

didamde
06-15-2011, 09:20 AM
It's not just the shipping as I mentioned in my earlier post about my damaged products. That has to do w/their shipping department and not using any bubble wrap or packaging to secure the items. That's what gets me about the high cost of shipping...plus being taxed on that also. I've been a little disappointed in a few things that should matter to them (BC Corp) and me as a consultant.

TifAnnaJack
06-15-2011, 09:44 AM
I have not had issues with the conditon of my prodcut when I get them. I'm sorry you have. That stinks.

I just sent this email to Gary and Tami today.

Can someone in corporate please address the way shipping of product is mailed to consultants? In my last order in May I placed a large retail product order and neck wraps. I got some products and neck wraps sent me to via FedEx and the rest of my order coming via Streamlite. The Streamlite box had product that had to go to my clients. Had BC put my neck wraps in one box and products in another both would have weighed 5 pounds sending all packages via FedEx. I understand the turn time is 7 to 10 business days however when a large order goes out I expect the order to come to me at once not part 1 in 3 business days and the other in 10 business days. This is poor customer service to me therefore I'm providing poor customer service to my clients. I do not carry a large inventory and only keep inventory for my skincare clients. This same issue happened again with my first order in June. I ordered more neck wraps, product guides and a large retail order. I received my neck wraps, product guides and some of my product on June 10th via FedEx and missing 18 products from that order and the remaining 18 items sent to me via Streamlite. I had to borrow 13 of these products from 2 other local consultants. I weighed my 2nd Streamlite box last night and it was 4 pounds. 1 pound shy of being sent FedEx. Had the product guides and neck wraps been mailed to me in one box it would have been 5 pounds or more and the box with my products for my spa clients would have been more than 5 pounds causing no delays in either of my products. At $15 to ship the 1st order and $7 the remaining orders of the month I feel we should get better service when it comes to shipping. Now because I have had to borrower products twice it costs me more in getting the product from those consultants, take the time away from what I need to do outside of BC (family, household duties, etc), getting the products to my clients, getting it from streamlite, sorting that out and figuring what product goes to which consultant that I borrowed the product from and then the gas it takes in driving to the other end of town to the consultant I borrowed the product from. This is a very frustrating way to do business. Don't get me wrong I appreciate all BC does for us but this, in my opinion, has to be fixed!

The way I think things should be sent to us is all larger sales aids sent separate from products. Either that or send everything Streamlite and significantly reduce the amount of the cost of shipping therefore setting real expectations of when product will be delivered to me.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

LuvEmMakeupMlms
06-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Tiffany I am not so great on links, but it's on beauticontrol's face book page, under discussions, (which you can access from the left side of the main page) under shipping costs. There are some other discussions going on, such as new products, which reflect some of the issues I have had with the new line.

BC in my opinion still make the top product of direct sales (omittng the new line) but when it comes to the shipping they need to address this issue.

Tiffany it is workers/sellers like you that help BC survive.

TifAnnaJack
06-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Funny...I found the post and it was me that started that originally. Something has to change...

image consultant
06-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Everyone should contact their director and headquarters. Either email Daisy or Charla because CCC just writes in our file and tells what is going on once a day in their meetings when they meet as a group but I feel they often don't know the magnitude of the problems we are experiencing out here in the field, This is a major frustration to anyone who has had this happen. If we all contact them we all can get some change. I wrote Daisy she in turn gave it to Charla.

TifAnnaJack
06-15-2011, 12:48 PM
image consultant will you PM daisy's email address to me? I'm going to FW what I sent to Gary and Tami to her too.

TifAnnaJack
06-16-2011, 07:53 AM
I heard back from Gary. He sent my email on and stated he would personally call contact the care center to ensure that I receive a call back today around the issue of how things are shipped. He copied the VP of operations so he can understand my (really all of our) situation and help the distrabution team reach a resolution so that this does not hapen in the future. He said that if I don't get called by some one in operations to let him know.

At this time I have not sent my email on to Daisy. I figure I've sent it to Charla, Gary and Tami for now that's good. Hopefully we see resolve in the future around this issue.

Hannah D
08-14-2011, 08:54 PM
It is hard to swallow that something is missing. It doesn't seem like a federal employee would risk their livelyhood for a package that they don't know what is inside. But, how is it missing if the don't leave it. When you recieve the first notice all you have to do is call or go in person to your local distribution center to pick it up if you dont want it delivered.

sohnikh
08-15-2011, 08:45 PM
WOhoo i was going to quit jafra and was about to move to bc just because it is getting so popular but sorry ladies i am not very patient.cant wait to get my order i just keep tracking until i get it. I will stick to jafra for a while until this shipping problem gets solved please let me know when every thing is running professional best of luck

TifAnnaJack
08-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Hannah, I'm just going to call it out like I see it...You are rude, unprofessional and just tacky. What a crapy way to try to bring people over to Jafra. NEVER would I go to someone else’s board and say the things that you did and try to recruit from one company to BeautiControl.

Sohnikh, I can assure you that everything about BeautiControl is professional. Every business has areas for improvement and this is one of them for BeautiControl and I can tell you that I can speak from personal conversations that I've had with high level executives at BC that this is on their radar and they are working very hard to find a solution. They do hear our complaints and issues are in the process of finding a better alternative/solution.

jenn20001
08-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Thank you, Hannah for sharing how Jafra handles shipping. It might be something that BC might consider checking into. I have no doubt that they will fix this issue and make it right. I'm a leader with the company and they have shared they are working to fix this area of concern. It's nice that we are able to be in contact with the top leaders in BeautiControl. Tiffany's post below shares how quickly the snap into action. We are on a first name basis as well. Note how Tiffany uses Gary's name. We are friends with everyone in our company. They care about us and we care about them!

I heard back from Gary. He sent my email on and stated he would personally call contact the care center to ensure that I receive a call back today around the issue of how things are shipped. He copied the VP of operations so he can understand my (really all of our) situation and help the distrabution team reach a resolution so that this does not hapen in the future. He said that if I don't get called by some one in operations to let him know.

At this time I have not sent my email on to Daisy. I figure I've sent it to Charla, Gary and Tami for now that's good. Hopefully we see resolve in the future around this issue.

For anyone else that might be considering BC, it's the best company out there by far! We have technology for skin and beauty that no one else in our industry has. We are looking for professional women that want to not only grow their business but enjoy the benefits of being a spa girl, too! BC is the only place for me!

LadyJ*
08-18-2011, 05:47 AM
I think we should be willing to agree that there are some things that other companies do better than BC and some things BC does better. And frankly BC's mailing is an issue.

Both Jafra and Mary Kay ship the main carriers, exclusively. Apparently with Jafra you get a choice. Who wouldn't want to get a smooth professional procedure over the wait and see one?

I don't chose a comany based on their mailing, but BC has chose their shpping procedures based on what makes money for the company, not is what good for the client or what is more importantly good for the consultant.

jenn20001
08-18-2011, 07:21 AM
I think the hardest part about always listening here in this message board is how we compare to companies that we really aren't even compared too. I grew up using department store brands and spa brands of skin care. I share BeautiControl products because they are able to give me even better results than those products did because of their advanced technology. That being said, I don't think everyone is sharing their complaints in the right places. We have consultant services so we can share the issues we are having. If you don't like the results you are hearing, ask for a supervisor. I heard from a sister director yesterday that BC is working on giving us choices between how we want it shipped. It's just getting it all worked out. I haven't had shipping issues, so I'm thankfully not one of the people effected nor are my girls. So, call, call, call! :)