WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

plmnjko
05-10-2011, 12:15 AM
In your opinion which is better?

Linda Hinkle
05-10-2011, 11:00 PM
I would say out door walking is better since you have more obstacles to walk around but on a treadmill even though you can incline your still walking on the same path the whole time :). Which do you think is better? Why?

~Linda

IAmTaraBurner
05-11-2011, 01:49 PM
I personally like walking outside better
the fresh air, sunshine, scenery and 'getting away'
but when it rains or whatever then I'll settle for treadmill
it's all a personal preference, which do you prefer?

andr117
05-11-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm definitely sure that outdoor walking is better, because you can get there inspiration and there is no replica for such emotions as well. So treadmill is good and convenient, but can't give proper condition to your organism.

deadra
05-13-2011, 12:40 PM
I don't think one is better than the other. It's an individual decision.

I personally like walking outside. I love to walk and get lost in my thoughts. If the weather does not cooperate and I must walk on my treadmill, I find myself trying to concentrate too much on my footing!

Amy Jacobs
05-13-2011, 12:49 PM
I am not much of a walker I run 3 miles daily. I prefer doing it outside (I like different scenery) but if the weather does not cooperate I use the treadmill. When I add miles I go mark a route with my vehicle so I know I am on point ;)

~Amy

nuwave06
05-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Outdoors on a dirt path/trail versus the sidewalk/street is best for me -- lower impact on the knees and ankles...

xpressmom
05-16-2011, 02:07 PM
I prefer to walk outside because of the fresh air and sunshine, but in bad weather I too use the treadmill. I don't think one is better than the other as long as you are walking where just doesn't matter.

Susan Holloway
05-17-2011, 02:13 PM
I love walking outside when the weather permits! Nothing like fresh air, sunshine and the ever changing scenery. However, I also workout on the treadmill. It seems that walking outside is a better all-around toning of your legs, thighs and buttocks. The treadmill bulks up the front muscle of my upper legs and tones my lower legs, but doesn't work too well on my thighs and buttocks. You don't get the variety of ups/downs/turns etc. that you get outside while walking.