WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : LionBridge

Ccook
05-03-2011, 01:28 PM
I actually heard something back from them. I'm just waiting for my test stuff now. :) Cool.

UnitedMommy
05-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Congrats. Let us know if you pass! :)

Ccook
05-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Okies. Got all my test stuffs from LionBridge. Anyone have any advice for taking the test? I'm nervous!

stuart44107
05-08-2011, 10:18 AM
I applied with Lionbridge and haven't heard anything from them, maybe they reached their limit. I just wish they would contact me.

Ccook
05-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Maybe they will soon. I just passed the first part of the test! So maybe they go in bunches. Hopefully you'll hear something soon.

UnitedMommy
05-08-2011, 05:57 PM
I just took Part 1 of the test today. I also passed! :-)

UnitedMommy
05-08-2011, 05:58 PM
I applied with Lionbridge and haven't heard anything from them, maybe they reached their limit. I just wish they would contact me.

It took me 3 months to hear back from them! I had actually forgotten about applying when I received the email from them.

Ccook
05-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Congrats UnitedMommy!

UnitedMommy
05-09-2011, 07:45 AM
When is your test due by Ccook?

Ccook
05-09-2011, 09:38 AM
The 12th. I'm nervous!

UnitedMommy
05-09-2011, 10:47 AM
The 12th. I'm nervous!

That's when mine is due too! I'm also very nervous! I hope we both do well and pass! Let me know how it goes! :-)

Ccook
05-09-2011, 12:37 PM
You too! Have you started part 2 yet?

UnitedMommy
05-10-2011, 10:18 AM
You too! Have you started part 2 yet?

I started it, but I hope I'm overthinking the tasks, because it is definitely challenging! Have you started Part 2 yet?

Ccook
05-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Finished the second part. Now to just cross my fingers and hope! I'm going to guess we'll hear something tomorrow or Friday since it ends at 7 AM tomorrow.

UnitedMommy
05-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Finished the second part. Now to just cross my fingers and hope! I'm going to guess we'll hear something tomorrow or Friday since it ends at 7 AM tomorrow.

Yeah, I read in another forum that you should hear something within four hours after the time it was due. Since it's not a Friday, we should definitely hear back today. Good luck Ccook! :-) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us both!

Ccook
05-12-2011, 10:13 AM
I think I saw that too. It's...12:13 now. And I really really need to stop checking my email. Even if I don't pass the test, I just need t know so I can stop obsessing about it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us both too!

UnitedMommy
05-12-2011, 10:37 AM
I think I saw that too. It's...12:13 now. And I really really need to stop checking my email. Even if I don't pass the test, I just need t know so I can stop obsessing about it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us both too!

I know! It's terrible! I'm checking my email like every 3 minutes! I'm obsessing just as much as you are! Lol... Thanks for the update! :-)

Ccook
05-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Well...I didn't pass. I wish I knew what I had gotten wrong. I had the guide out right there, checking as I went. I read the thing all the way through. I really thought that I had done well.

Oh well...going to go cry now. :(

greena1
06-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Okay I am waiting for my test, I got the initial instructions explaining what to do when I get the test and how long the test lasts. I hope I pass, is there any advice? Thanks in advance!

wannabeaSAHW
06-23-2011, 06:26 AM
I was just wondering, for the Lionbridge positions, it says, "We are recruiting home-based workers and university students from around the world who are bi-lingual in English and their native language to join our Internet Assessor team focused on improving the quality of internet user experience." are all of your bi-lingual? Also did you apply for this job or for the Social Media Search Consultant? I only ask because I wonder if I can apply for either of these jobs, since I'm not bi-lingual, nor do I have a college degree as they want for the SMSC.
Thanks to all who'll reply!

jenna8110
06-24-2011, 12:22 PM
I just took the first part of the Lionbridge test and didn't pass. I am very disappointed with this. I think the problem I had was that it said questions may have more than one right answer, click all that apply. So then I was like great I don't know if it has more than one right answer and if I should click more than one. That, not that actual questions, made the test seem impossible to me. There are no more jobs around here making close to that kind of money and I've applied to 12-15 of them. I just can't find a job anywhere that will accommodate me having 2 kids. I had an interview recently and the guy actually said he didn't think I was a good fit because I had kids and my kids will always be my priority. I just give up. We may loose our house.

Sai5sai
06-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Sorry to hear that jenna8110. :/ Hope you get something good soon.

I just got my study material and test available today. It's not due until the 30th, so I'm going to take my time and make sure I know everything throughout. ;) Hopefully, this tactic will prove worth it.

I was wondering if anyone else is testing for LionBridge now? Since it seems like I'm not the only one that's taking the test.

Best of luck to you all.

mlacombe
06-24-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm taking the test now also.

Sai5sai
06-24-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm taking the test now also.

Nice to know :) I wish the best of luck to you! I plan on doing the first part of the test tomorrow. Studying today and tomorrow until then. I know it's open book, but I want to know everything too. :P I'll let you know how it goes.

mlacombe
06-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Nice to know :) I wish the best of luck to you! I plan on doing the first part of the test tomorrow. Studying today and tomorrow until then. I know it's open book, but I want to know everything too. :P I'll let you know how it goes.

I just finished the first part of the test and I passed!!! Second part doesn't *seem* too hard, but who knows if I'm doing it right. I read through the entire booklet, had it pulled up on computer to do quick searches.

Good Luck To Everyone!

Sai5sai
06-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Congrats :D I'm about to do my first part in about an hour and agreed, the second part doesn't *seem* that hard. I've gotten the rating system pretty good down, but we'll see. :) I'll let you know how it goes.

Sai5sai
06-25-2011, 08:54 AM
So yeah, I passed :D I was nervous even though I knew my answers were right T_T But anyway, on wards to part 2! well....maybe after I calm down haha.

Anyway, any others taking the test?

And good luck to everyone that is :D Hope we can all pass.

mlacombe
06-25-2011, 05:16 PM
does anyone know how long it takes to get the results of part two?

Sai5sai
06-25-2011, 08:42 PM
does anyone know how long it takes to get the results of part two?

Like said in the email, the results of part two will be given after the due time (in this case, the 30th, 7:00am PDT). So, there's still a full 5 days left. LB also stated that it could take up to 4 hours after the deadline to get the results, so we'll see then.

I'm doing part 2 in bits and pieces because of this and still going over things. :)

Anyway, good luck and I hope you pass. :D

mlacombe
06-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Like said in the email, the results of part two will be given after the due time (in this case, the 30th, 7:00am PDT). So, there's still a full 5 days left. LB also stated that it could take up to 4 hours after the deadline to get the results, so we'll see then.

I'm doing part 2 in bits and pieces because of this and still going over things. :)

Anyway, good luck and I hope you pass. :D

Oh good grief. I must be in information overload to miss that. LOL. That's how things usually work, answer is right in front of your face. Thank you so much. :)

Good luck to you as well, I hope you pass also

Scooter99
06-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Sorry to hear that jenna8110. :/ Hope you get something good soon.

I just got my study material and test available today. It's not due until the 30th, so I'm going to take my time and make sure I know everything throughout. ;) Hopefully, this tactic will prove worth it.

I was wondering if anyone else is testing for LionBridge now? Since it seems like I'm not the only one that's taking the test.

Best of luck to you all.

How long after you agreed to the terms did it take to get your materials? I am so nervous waiting and watching my email! Thanks!

Sai5sai
06-26-2011, 12:28 PM
How long after you agreed to the terms did it take to get your materials? I am so nervous waiting and watching my email! Thanks!

Check the gmail email account that you entered in the agreement. All material and future interaction is sent there. If you already completed it, you should already have it or be getting it really soon.

They'll also send you a confirmation date to your original email, but check your gmail account just in case.

Sai5sai
06-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Oh good grief. I must be in information overload to miss that. LOL. That's how things usually work, answer is right in front of your face. Thank you so much. :)

Good luck to you as well, I hope you pass also

Thanks, :P I hope you pass too. I'm doing it bit by bit now since I do have other things to do since it's the weekend and that way I can know 100% if I'm sure or not. About half done now.

Sai5sai
06-27-2011, 02:39 PM
I finally finished my exam. Looks like the system is going to be down for an hour or so, so I went ahead and finished it. Guess we just have to wait for now. I feel good about my exam since I took my time, but you never know.

Anyway, good luck to everyone that's in it!
:D:D:D

Sai5sai
06-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Tomorrow is the day. :o Good luck everyone.

Sai5sai
06-30-2011, 12:12 PM
I was just accepted :D

kitkat0925
07-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Has anyone applied lately and heard back? I applied and got a message saying they were reviewing it and would get back to me.

So I thought I would see if anyone else had heard anything from LB

Paul Miller
03-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi Ladies I'm Paul

I wanted to share because I found this subject on the Lionbridge EXAM

I just recently passed but it was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Following the guidelines does not guarantee a correct answer because there is much that is left to person opinion.

If anyone thinks they might need some help passing the EXAM let me know I have some pointers that really helped me but I am not allowed to discuss them in the public forum.

you can private message me or get me at paul @ lymekick.com (take the 2 spaces out I didn't want my email geting harvested by robots :) )

Paul