WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Need an mk foundation expert !!!

PinkPea
04-09-2011, 08:52 AM
If a customer originally wore medium Ivory 100,
would the new Timewise Luminous Liquid Foundation, Ivory 1 work for her ?

She is approaching 60 years fabulous.

Also, what do you all think about the MK Foundation Primer ?

Loving thoughts to all,

Pink Pea

Bobbi Anna
04-09-2011, 12:00 PM
She would be an ivory 4. Everyone who has tried the primer has loved it and purchased it!

Jolly
04-09-2011, 01:35 PM
all foundations are the perfect shade. There is nothing wrong with any of them..

As for Primer.. Monistat ANTI CHAFING creme ( not the OTHER type of creme) works just great and costs much less.

sparkler
04-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Ditto Jolly's post on the primer!!! The stuff is fabulous and costs around $7 in my neck of the woods.

cabimom
04-15-2011, 09:23 AM
I just tried the primer and I love it. I bought some from my consultant, but I still use my favorite foundation Natural Beige Cream foundation. I don't like liquid foundation. I don't use the skin care, just foundation and now the primer and the mascara!

Jolly
04-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Elmer's has a primer even better. Hate to say it.

cabimom
04-16-2011, 09:23 PM
I had never used a primer before and I have to say that it really makes my face look flawless, which it is not! (lol!) I have always loved MK foundation, especially the creme and I am happy that it is still available. :)

xpressyourself
05-29-2011, 10:07 PM
If a customer originally wore medium Ivory 100,
would the new Timewise Luminous Liquid Foundation, Ivory 1 work for her ?

She is approaching 60 years fabulous.

Also, what do you all think about the MK Foundation Primer ?

Loving thoughts to all,

Pink Pea

uuuughhh! The very thing that took me out in MK..matching foundations. Good luck.

PinkPea
05-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Xpressyourself-

Yes - 67 different shades is a overwhelming. I just keep it simple - if they want it, I order it. I do not and will not inventory 67 shades of foundation .... never !!!

Here's to being free from the pink quicksand called debt.

Hope you're having a pleasant day.

Loving thoughts to all,

Pink Pea

Jolly
06-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Xpressyourself-

Yes - 67 different shades is a overwhelming. I just keep it simple - if they want it, I order it. I do not and will not inventory 67 shades of foundation .... never !!!

Here's to being free from the pink quicksand called debt.

Hope you're having a pleasant day.

Loving thoughts to all,

Pink Pea

Amen! The inventory will kill your profits.. Especially with the frequent changes. BTW MY FAVORITE foundation shade was Almond Beige. The only foundation I have ever found that is as good a shade on me is a rather lower quality of a mineral powder.. but the color is great!
I have been using beige 2 recently, but I am so tan right now that I don't need color.

MKmom3
06-30-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm a mineral powder foundation kind of girl, and I love the primer and the flawless look it gives me! It also works as an oil absorbent for those of you, or your customers, who have oily skin. I'm not sure if monistat or elmers has that benefit??

sparkler
06-30-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't have blood in my veins; I have olive oil, and I swear by the Monistat. LOTS of bang for your $7!!! Keeps me shine-free all day.

Jolly
06-30-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm a mineral powder foundation kind of girl, and I love the primer and the flawless look it gives me! It also works as an oil absorbent for those of you, or your customers, who have oily skin. I'm not sure if monistat or elmers has that benefit??

I would not give youladies a tip if it were not accurate. Olfd timers here know that much about me. .
Of COURSE Monistat Antichafing does the same.. It is .. after all .. best used in humid weather. I have both the MK primer.. the Bare Escsntuals primer and Monistat anti chafing crema. Monistat is just as good as any of them.

Jolly
06-30-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't have blood in my veins; I have olive oil, and I swear by the Monistat. LOTS of bang for your $7!!! Keeps me shine-free all day.

Agree with the olive oil also. And I am a snow bird who spends winters in Mexico.