WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Groupon.com?

iambarbara
02-09-2011, 03:51 PM
What does everyone think of The Daily Groupon | Coupons, Discounts, and Deals on the Best in Los Angeles (http://www.Groupon.com?)

I have heard a lot about it but haven't taken the time to look into it.

ksoap
02-10-2011, 06:52 PM
I have the app on my phone, and it seems to be pretty lame in my area. Probably better in a place like Cali.

EMLLC
02-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I havent seen many good deals on groupon recently. Guess cause the economy is starting to pick up less desperate store owners not wanting to give such discount to them

happymommy
02-11-2011, 05:23 PM
I have the app on my phone, and it seems to be pretty lame in my area. Probably better in a place like Cali.

I've gotten some really great deals with Groupon. There are lots of national deals & you can shop other cities (as long as the retailer delivers nationally). So, you're not limited to just your area. :)

SAHMwriter
02-11-2011, 06:32 PM
I just downloaded the app on my phone, but it's not really in my area. My brother lives in one of cities that is sponsored, and he uses the app a lot.

Orchid Lake
02-15-2011, 08:24 AM
we looked at utilizing but the bulk of funds goes to groupon and the business owner responses we reviewed showed general "less than satisfied" experiences outweighed "satisfied". JMHO

jfeets726
02-16-2011, 12:51 AM
I know a few people who have used the site/service before, but they moved away from home and no longer live near me. They all loved the deals they were able to buy with the discounts. I checked it out once and there just wasn't much locally (in my area that I would be willing to drive to). Maybe as it gets more popular more of my local businesses will consider it an option.

ERNMSN
02-16-2011, 04:00 PM
I've found a couple good deals with Groupon. They send me an email when there is a deal in my neighborhood.

ApronGuy
02-16-2011, 06:44 PM
I live in Miami and get the ads daily. Lots of things like pedi and mani coupons but it may be good for some. There are also restaurant deals and in an expensive city it's a good way to save. You can get the coupons in areas where you are on vacation so I think that it is a good idea to register for a city that you are going on vacation too. Then plan eating out around the deals and save !!

vintagelife
02-22-2011, 10:10 AM
I have the app on my phone, but I rarely even look at it. The times that I do look at it nothing appeals to me. I have yet to find that great of a deal.

happymommy
02-22-2011, 02:48 PM
I've gotten $20 worth of products for $10 & free shipping from Soap.com, $50 certificate to Gap for $25, and there was an awesome Barnes & Nobel deal not too long ago.

UnboxYourPhotos
02-22-2011, 11:26 PM
I get some pretty good deals but of course it depends on your area. However, if you do get a Daily Deal, always open it up (or look at it depending on how you get it) even if the deal/topic doesn't interest you. Sometimes, there are "More Deals For You" listed that aren't sent as a Daily Deal. Not sure how that works, but I've seem some great deals that way.

bellajessa
02-23-2011, 02:31 PM
I used to use Groupon a lot. I have bought workout passes, salon packages, restaurant deals. There are ususally a few different deals in the area. There may be something that stands out that i need or really like. Lots of restaurant deals and mani &pedi's lately. I think a lot are new businesses trying to gain clients. It all depends on the area where you live.

IGotThePower
02-23-2011, 03:05 PM
I actually just heard from Groupon not long ago and I wanted to include my business with them (offer coupons ) but there was a waiting list of over 6 months .. YIKES!
Has any one else experienced this with them as well? (as a merchant)

Thanks,