WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Do you do Parties?

Healthelp
02-03-2011, 03:00 PM
I am an Avon Rep and am looking for other WAHM's who live near me (Eastpointe, Michigan )and are looking for some exposure for there business.

Now, here is my idea .I want to host a WAHM OPEN HOUSE. I have reserved a clubhouse that holds 75 people on April 9 for the entire day. There is a small kitchen with fridge and a microwave (for those that are part of food company).
I would like to have approximately 5 other Wahm's who do direct sales or a home business such as Tupperware, Candles, Food, etc to be part of this. Possibly more depending on how much inventory and how many invites go out.

If everyone does there own advertising/invites we can have one great turn out!

If you are interested please contact me at healthelp@yahoo.com

=)

shopcandlespa
02-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi Linda! I live very close to you - I'm with Gold Canyon. I'm very interested, I will email you with my information.

Also, I'm the President for our Direct Selling Women's Alliance chapter in St. Clair Shores. I can give you some information about networking with us if you are interested.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Healthelp
02-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Hey Melanie,

Thanks so much for your reponse. I am looking forward to this and talking to you.
Your welcome to email me when you get the chance to healthelp@yahoo.com. We can go from there to exchange information. My kids attend SCS schools! Small world, imagine meeting on here. =)

Have an awesome weekend!

jessicaj
02-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Hey Linda!
If you are interested in my sending you a Basket kit again like we did last year, let me know. I would be happy to send one in your direction!

I also have a team member that is in MI, just not sure how close she is to you. If you would like her info, I would be happy to get that to you. Maybe she can be there!

Hope you are doing well!

Healthelp
02-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks for your message.
I did think about doing what we did last year, that was great! However, this is going to be with a bunch of different wahms promoting their own businesses. To bad you didnt live here! Youl would have been first on my list. With each participating wahm, they will be doing their own promoting locally. So all who are involved, will benefit from each other. Each guest will have the opportunity to get to know a product/company and purchase right then and there. Instead of going to a bunch of different parties, they can attend one big one!! I have a candle consultant who is interested. If that happens to fall through, I will let you know. I really didnt want to take on doing both things Avon and Scentsy. I wanted to just focus on Avon. By the way did you ever get a chance to go through my site?

How have you been?

lexus1717
02-09-2011, 02:41 AM
hey dude obviously we do parties when we are happy and enjoy with our loved ones and friends&family members.