WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Did you ever hit a roadblock?

healthyskincana
02-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if you have ever hit a roadblock and it's something in you that is holding you back? You don't know what it is but you just want to move forward. :confused: What did you do to work through it? What worked for you?

Thanks!

avia4life
02-02-2011, 08:12 AM
I think everyone (if they are truly honest about it) has hit a roadblock at one point or another! Not sure what type of roadblock you've hit but almost all of them can be overcome!

There are personal roadblocks that simply require you to dig deep, refocus, possibly read a new book, strike up a new conversation with someone who might have walked the same path you are walking, etc.

Then there are what I call company hiccups.... those simply require you to realize that all companies have a few hiccups along the way. You simply need to remind yourself why you are with the company you are with and that hiccups always pass. Keep your focus, don't let them trip you up!

Life hiccups... these can be very difficult! Death in the family, family issues that simply turn your world upside down, etc. Life hiccups also always pass sooner or later but they can really create havoc. Life hiccups normally require the strength of many.... reach out to a good friend. Give a few more hugs than normal... you always end up with twice as many back and hugs are powerful!

Take a break! Sometimes you just need to take a break! and I don't mean a working break I mean a real down to earth break. Spoil yourself for a couple of days.... get a massage, go somewhere you've been wanting to go. Possibly visit an old friend. Whatever you like to do...... go do it! It clears your mind and renews your soul!

For me...... my horse is my prozac so if I have one of those times I just find myself overwhelmed or frustrated..... I go riding! Totally renews me and I am ready to face anything after a good ride!

So, what kind or roadblock are you talking about?

healthyskincana
02-08-2011, 01:09 PM
I think everyone (if they are truly honest about it) has hit a roadblock at one point or another! Not sure what type of roadblock you've hit but almost all of them can be overcome!

There are personal roadblocks that simply require you to dig deep, refocus, possibly read a new book, strike up a new conversation with someone who might have walked the same path you are walking, etc.

Then there are what I call company hiccups.... those simply require you to realize that all companies have a few hiccups along the way. You simply need to remind yourself why you are with the company you are with and that hiccups always pass. Keep your focus, don't let them trip you up!

Life hiccups... these can be very difficult! Death in the family, family issues that simply turn your world upside down, etc. Life hiccups also always pass sooner or later but they can really create havoc. Life hiccups normally require the strength of many.... reach out to a good friend. Give a few more hugs than normal... you always end up with twice as many back and hugs are powerful!

Take a break! Sometimes you just need to take a break! and I don't mean a working break I mean a real down to earth break. Spoil yourself for a couple of days.... get a massage, go somewhere you've been wanting to go. Possibly visit an old friend. Whatever you like to do...... go do it! It clears your mind and renews your soul!

For me...... my horse is my prozac so if I have one of those times I just find myself overwhelmed or frustrated..... I go riding! Totally renews me and I am ready to face anything after a good ride!

So, what kind or roadblock are you talking about?

Thanks for getting back to me Vicki. I guess mine is just a personal roadblock. I am working on refocusing and making sure I'm really making time for my business. Sometimes it's just too easy to get distracted. I need to put on some blinders (during my work time anyways) and focus on the job at hand! :)

avonlady916
02-08-2011, 05:08 PM
I got better about focus when I bought my first Planner.
If its in my book it gets done, if its not.... hahaha

Start with the things you HAVE to do (the big rocks) and fill in with the little rocks around the big ones

Sounds too easy but it will help you stay on track
Bonnie

healthyskincana
02-10-2011, 01:24 PM
I got better about focus when I bought my first Planner.
If its in my book it gets done, if its not.... hahaha

Start with the things you HAVE to do (the big rocks) and fill in with the little rocks around the big ones

Sounds too easy but it will help you stay on track
Bonnie

Thanks Bonnie!

I do have one but have not been using it well lately -- hense the problem. Sometimes it's just hard to figure out what to put on it first! lol

steffk
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Julie - you should have a chat with my friend Christy. She'll help you figure out what it really is that is holding you back. It has to be SOMETHING that you can put your finger on. Either you don't feel worthy enough for success, you don't believe in what you are currently doing (which would surprise me), or you are afraid of success. It has to be something. I know for myself...it is a feeling of worthiness. I don't know why but it has been my biggest struggle. It is easier for me to support someone else to greatness, then to do it myself. Does that make sense? If we could figure out that one thing for you, maybe you would push through the roadblock on get the success you deserve.

I'm going to email you.

Love ya girl!

Bobbi Anna
02-13-2011, 02:04 PM
I think as women, we all struggle with putting ourselves first.

A top National Sales Director in Mary Kay developed the Mental BATH.
She said you need to do this every single day.

First of all, what's your WHY? Do you have it posted around your house, your car, your office?

Here's the BATH.
B = get 2 bookings a day
A = say your affirmation a minimum of 3 times a day
T = training, whether it's attending a training, or listening to cds.
H = hotline. In MK some directors have hotlines where they record something every day.

Good luck!

healthyskincana
02-15-2011, 12:07 AM
I think as women, we all struggle with putting ourselves first.

A top National Sales Director in Mary Kay developed the Mental BATH.
She said you need to do this every single day.

First of all, what's your WHY? Do you have it posted around your house, your car, your office?

Here's the BATH.
B = get 2 bookings a day
A = say your affirmation a minimum of 3 times a day
T = training, whether it's attending a training, or listening to cds.
H = hotline. In MK some directors have hotlines where they record something every day.

Good luck!

Bobbi anna, Those are good thank you for sharing them.
Steff - thanks for the support. I definitely that idea of worthiness may have something to do with it. Hence the need for those affirmations!

:)