WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

jktaylor
01-31-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm new here and just found this tutoring site. I have not been able to find a tutoring position in the area where I live. It's just very hard. My husband isn't well, so I have to find some way to support my family.
My first question is: What is ETS. It sounds like it has something to do with grading.
My second question is: I hope this doesn't sound like it's just all about the money, but does anyone know where they have the highest pay.I just need to maximize whatever I'm doing if I can. I'm certified from K to 6.

Janet

onetwo3
02-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Hey there, I sent you a PM with some information! I've worked for a few different places :)

shiansmom
02-03-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm not a teacher nor a tutor but do have a suggestion.
One of my children is a certified teacher, but got
burned out. She worked for the county-wide alternative
school for two long years. Now she is a substitute.
She also tutors through a private company.
While she was still in college she contacted a wide variety
of people and acquired tutoring jobs on her own. Just thought
I would throw those ideas out there for you. Hope your husband
gets to feeling better.