WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

rhondap
01-23-2011, 11:41 AM
What is the difference between the two????

maureenkellis
01-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Hey Rhonda...

The meal replacement shake is a more traditional type - a mix of soy and whey protein, vitamins, and minerals. Shakeology is more like a superfood plus meal replacement. It has whey as its protein source, plus 70 whole food nutrients- vitamins, minerals,phytonutrients, adaptogens, digestive enzymes,pre-biotics, etc. Shakeology can also be used as a cleanse.

I've tried the chocolate. It tastes good. I was pleased to find that during December, I had a shake for breakfast (I usually skip) then ate what I normally ate. Wasn't planning on doing the weightloss program, just yet. Even though I ate like a Christmas piggy (with egg nog every night!), I gained no weight. My pants were actually loose.

I'm actually adding they meal replacement to my next order. I'll use it for lunch or an evening snack. The Shakeology really boosts my energy, so I don't drink it before bed.

HTH

Maureen :-)

sherry5225
01-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Here is a link to the Shakeology chocolate ingredient label.

The difference is that Shakeology has over 70+ healthy ingredients....it truly is the "healthiest meal of the day!"

http://www.shakenutrition.com/chocolate-shakeology-ingredients.pdf

rhondap
01-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Maureen where ya been?!!!! Thanks for that, so you drank the meal replacement shake over Christmas?

I was curious in the difference since they seem to be similar but the price was from one extreme to the next. I LOVE chocolate.

Hey Rhonda...

The meal replacement shake is a more traditional type - a mix of soy and whey protein, vitamins, and minerals. Shakeology is more like a superfood plus meal replacement. It has whey as its protein source, plus 70 whole food nutrients- vitamins, minerals,phytonutrients, adaptogens, digestive enzymes,pre-biotics, etc. Shakeology can also be used as a cleanse.

I've tried the chocolate. It tastes good. I was pleased to find that during December, I had a shake for breakfast (I usually skip) then ate what I normally ate. Wasn't planning on doing the weightloss program, just yet. Even though I ate like a Christmas piggy (with egg nog every night!), I gained no weight. My pants were actually loose.

I'm actually adding they meal replacement to my next order. I'll use it for lunch or an evening snack. The Shakeology really boosts my energy, so I don't drink it before bed.

HTH

Maureen :-)

AprioriCandy
01-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi!
I started drinking the Chocolate Shakeology 10 days before Thanksgiving. Ate all regular holiday meals and have lost 15 pounds to date. It has changed my appetite, no longer crave jumk foods, and my aches and pains in my knees are gone.

There was a recent study done in the January issue of Nature Immunology which discusses the comparison of different cultures and the varying bacterial flora in their GI tract. The cultures that had specific bacteria from fermented foods and such, had the lowest incidence of asthma, allergies and inflammatory diseases. Adding probiotics to your daily regimen is a huge wellness boost!

I love that Shakeology has Probiotics, Antioxidants, Protein, Digestive Enzymes and so many other fabulous natural ingredients. It has even made a difference in my quality of sleep - deep and restful!

XO Candy