WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Pika
01-08-2011, 11:19 AM
I Love Scentsy, and I am NOT leaving the company, but I have been looking for another DS company. I am very seriously considering Thirty-One (or Initials?).

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm wondering where I might find the following information:

-- commission and promotion structure
-- payday and pay process
-- incentives and bonuses
-- sales requirements/quotas
-- starter kit
-- qualification kit
-- other "kits"
-- hostess program
-- shipping/delivery turn-around time
-- can consultant also be hostess (to get the rewards)
-- transition (from current catalog to the next one) how often? when? what happens?
-- pros and cons of signing up now (vs. waiting)
-- other associated/optional costs (website, etc)
-- training/education offered
-- an other consultant perks
-- is there a list of the number of consultants per state?
-- important rules - any big no-nos?
for instance: What are the restrictions on having a booth at events? Selling online, etc?
-- is there a copy of the rules that I can see prior to signing up?
-- anything else I need to know?

I'll probably have more questions later, but I'd like to sign on with a company THIS month.

Thanks so much!

haydens_mom
01-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Hello Pika,

I used to be a Director with Scentsy...left it to go to Thirty One a year ago. I have MANY ladies on my team who are leaders with Scentsy & do extremely well with Thirty One.

Even a few that are now leaving to mainly do Thirty One.

I would love to provide you with more detailed information. You can email me at: 31kahne@gmail.com

Warmly,
Kahne Witham

haydens_mom
01-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Here are the answers as well :)

-- commission and promotion structure: 25% to start.... Up to 34% as you develop a team. 2%-9% bonuses. $1,000, $3500, $5000, $7500 for Promotion Bonuses. Gen 0 is ANYONE below us that does not have a Director between them & you. Gen 1 is all Directors below you & their team. Gen 2 Your Director's…Director's. And so on.

-- payday and pay process: We are paid bi-weekly. It is through Direct Deposit on the 10th & 25th of each month.

-- incentives and bonuses - "Dream Rewards" just started Jan 1st. We have others that happen throughout the year. Earn Free Conference Bucks (pay for conference & hotel). Disney, Trip to Mexico, Cruise, Best Buy Gift Cards

-- sales requirements/quotas Only need to have $200 in retail sales in a 3 month period. This does not mean all in one month…it is cumulative.

-- starter kit: $99 to start. INcludes all materials you need including a Free Website for 3 months & Customer NEwsletter. Also our "Virtuous Women" Consultant Only Magazine. NEW One starts Jan 15th with the new products/prints. We can begin selling out of the new catalog Feb 1st.

-- qualification kit : Yes...I can send it to you

-- other "kits" We have a Party To Go Kit & Start Swell Qualification kit in addition to the business kit. As the catalog changes over…we are able to buy "Add on Kits" which are greatly discounted to prior consultants

-- hostess program : Yes…Paid for by the company. And Hostess Specials paid for by the company & Customer Specials paid for by them that change monthly.

-- shipping/delivery turn-around time : 1-3 weeks. Standard for me is 1- 1.5 weeks… But during busy holiday season it can take 2-3 weeks.

-- can consultant also be hostess (to get the rewards) : YES, this can be done as often as we like.

-- transition (from current catalog to the next one) how often? when? what happens? Occurs every 6 months. Feb 1st & Aug 1st. With that we get new add on kits, fabrics, paperwork coordinates with the theme, fabrics & websites. When it changes….all active consultants get a FREE Pack of New catalogs from the company.

-- pros and cons of signing up now (vs. waiting) PRO: Get to have a jumpstart on the Dream Rewards that started Jan 1st. Earning period Jan 1- May 31st. CON: Not necessarily one….Because you are still included in the current programs offered… You would be getting the current Fall/Winter kit… BUT you can get the new items as add ons for $40 (4 kits with diff items). So you could potentially have MORE in your hand!

-- other associated/optional costs (website, etc): Replicated website is Free for 3 months. Then it is $9.95 thereafter. IMN (I make News) newsletter free for 3 months…then $3/mo after.

-- training/education offered: In addition to my Team exclusive training, hired outside coaches, speakers etc… The home office has a huge training program for each level. Videos, website for us, conference calls, webinars, hundreds of tools.

-- an other consultant perks: Discounts throughout the year… Free Catalogs for active consultants when catalog changes over, Free Meeting Supplies & Prizes for all leaders who hold our company sponsored bi-monthly meetings called "Celebrate & Connect". FABULOUS!!

-- is there a list of the number of consultants per state? Yes…but this list does not reflect ALL ACTIVE consultants. Only consultants that have signed up & ordered a kit to date.

-- important rules - any big no-nos? No Ebay sales…. No Craigslist Sales…

for instance: What are the restrictions on having a booth at events? Selling online, etc? We can sell via our replicated sites….NOT external sites. We can sell at bazaars, expos etc…We can have fundraisers, we can do cash & carry. Inventory is optional

-- is there a copy of the rules that I can see prior to signing up? I believe you said you had this… If not, I can send it to you.

-- anything else I need to know?: We have various regional trainings, special trainings for consultants & leaders nationwide.....The list goes on and on.

xandersmommy
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Kahne's an awesome director and really helps her consultants do well. I'm under her =)

HippieMama
01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the info. I am also considering joining.

sdelaries
01-11-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm with Scentsy too!! I just joined in December..I'm going to join Thirty One on the 15th. I too think that Thirty One will be a great add-on to my Scentsy business. I love Scentsy, but, I also see awesome potential with Thirty One. Can't wait to join!

Bling1
01-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Are you allowed to be Directors in both companies? I was just wondering what would happen if you earned Directorship with both companies.

Angie Bricker
01-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Hey Brenda, I don't know if anyone has answered your question yet but I do believe you can be Directors with two companies as long as you don't actively cross-recruit. If they ask YOU about the opportunity you are free to answer their questions though.

I am currently a Team Leader with Just Jewelry and have already started growing a team with Thirty-One! My goal is to be a Director by National Convention in July!

Bling1
01-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks for answering this Angie. :)

thirtyonemel
01-20-2011, 08:08 PM
good luck - I hope you do well!

GIFTSBYCATHERIN
01-23-2011, 03:53 PM
If you're looking to work 2 businesses together Thirty-One and
Scentsy are a perfect fit. I have been doing Scentsy for three
years and signed with Thirty-One in October and they really are
a great fit. I have lots of on-line orders with Scentsy and I host
Thirty-One parties and it works out great. I LOVE them BOTH, but
after working Thirty-One throughout the holiday season, I found
I really enjoy working with a personalization product line. The
reaction to the organizing products and purses are AWESOME....
My party averages are so much HIGHER as well. One trip into
the house with light weight products. LOVE IT....

I am so excited to build a great Thirty-One business in 2011 and
building a strong team of fun spirited consultants. My goal is to
hit Director my May.

Cheers to Thirty-One and Scentsy,
Catherine

koriwalker
02-04-2013, 12:03 PM
can i get this information also

-- commission and promotion structure
-- payday and pay process
-- incentives and bonuses
-- sales requirements/quotas
-- starter kit
-- qualification kit
-- other "kits"
-- hostess program
-- shipping/delivery turn-around time
-- can consultant also be hostess (to get the rewards)
-- transition (from current catalog to the next one) how often? when? what happens?
-- pros and cons of signing up now (vs. waiting)
-- other associated/optional costs (website, etc)
-- training/education offered
-- an other consultant perks
-- is there a list of the number of consultants per state?
-- important rules - any big no-nos?
for instance: What are the restrictions on having a booth at events? Selling online, etc?
-- is there a copy of the rules that I can see prior to signing up?
-- anything else I need to know?

haydens_mom
02-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi Kori,
I would be happy to send you an email with more details & answer your questions. Just PM Me your email address. But will reply to your post here as soon as I get to my computer (off my cell).

Have a great day!

kacurtis2
02-04-2013, 12:51 PM
It's interesting to see what has changed since this question was first asked in Jan 2011 :-) Not too many huge changes, which to me is a good thing because the company has found a successful structure and stuck to it!

stephchiz
02-06-2013, 01:38 PM
It is funny! Definitely successful!
Now with the OJ incentive - no reason to not join a great company!!

So excited for everyone!

Stephanie

thirtyone consultant
02-16-2013, 05:17 AM
-- commission and promotion structure When you sign up you are a consultant, you get 25% commission on personal volume (product total before shipping), must submit at least $200 in personal volume in a three month period. Once you start recruiting, you can then start to promote. When you have between 2-4 personally enrolled qualified consultants under you, you can promote to Senior Consultant. To quality, they must sell $1000 in personal volume. At this point, you get 25% of your personal volume and 2% override on each qualified consultant under you. The next step is director which you start earning more overrides and you get a bonus. Then is Senior Director, Executive Director, Senior Executive Director and National Executive Director. Each step of the way provides more commission and bonuses.

-- payday and pay process – we are paid on the 10th and 25th of the month via direct deposit into checking or savings accounts. On the 25th of the month, you are paid for personal volume between the 1st and 15th of the month. On the 10th of the month, you are paid for the 16th through end of previous month personal volume, any overrides, personal sales bonuses, promotion bonuses, etc

-- incentives and bonuses Startswell is a 90 day program that offers new product and some business supplies. In your first 30 days, 3 parties and you earn level 1, first 60 days, total of 6 parties and you earn level 2, first 90 days, total of 9 parties and you earn level 3. We are also earning National Conference Bucks right now in order to attend conference for a discount and earn products. New consultants that join now, will earn double conference bucks, this incentive runs 2/16/13 to 3/31/13.

-- sales requirements/quotas $200 in a rolling 3 month period (very low)

-- starter kit $99 for starter kit, right now there is an opportunity to join, you sign up and sell $1000 in your first 30 days and Thirty One will rebate the $99. You also get a Free Website and Customer Newsletter for 3 months, and a Virtuous Woman Consultant Only Magazone.

-- qualification kit This would be the startswell, I can send you the current one!

-- other "kits" As catalogs change or new products are added, consultants are able to buy add on kits at a great price

-- hostess program –Yes this is paid for by the company. All hostess specials and booking bonuses etc are paid for by Thirty One. None of it is paid for by the consultant.

-- shipping/delivery turn-around time Thirty One quotes 1 – 3 weeks, but I have had most of mine turn around in about 1 – ½ weeks, during busy season it is probably closer to 2-3 weeks

-- can consultant also be hostess (to get the rewards) Yes this can be done as often as you like

-- transition (from current catalog to the next one) how often? when? what happens?There will be 3 catalogs this year I believe, The next catalog starts May 1st. With every catalog change, there is a product premiere, there will be add on kits available, and all active consultants get a free pack of new catalogs from the company

-- pros and cons of signing up now (vs. waiting) Right now is the perfect opportunity to join because of the rebate incentive and double conference bucks. There is no con to joining now vs waiting! You still have plenty of time to sell in the current catalog and people are getting their tax refunds!

-- other associated/optional costs (website, etc) The website is free for the first three month, then it is $9.95 a month after that. The newsletter is free for the first 2 months then $3 a month after that. You can also sign up to get the monthly specials flyers autoshipped to you. You can every three months and it is $9 for the three month subscription.

-- training/education offered You will have Team exclusive training, conference calls with the team (if you want it). Celebrate and Connect meetings are held every other month. The home office offers lots of training on their website and conference calls, webinars, etc.

-- an other consultant perks Discounts throughout the year… Free Catalogs for active consultants when catalog changes over, Free Meeting Supplies & Prizes for all leaders who hold our company sponsored bi-monthly meetings called "Celebrate & Connect".

-- is there a list of the number of consultants per state? Yes…but this list does not reflect ALL ACTIVE consultants. Only consultants that have signed up & ordered a kit to date.

-- important rules - any big no-nos? No Ebay sales…. No Craigslist Sales… No open facebook pages or groups. Facebook must be a closed group

for instance: What are the restrictions on having a booth at events? Selling online, etc? We can sell via our replicated sites….NOT external sites. We can sell at bazaars, expos etc…We can have fundraisers, we can do cash & carry. Inventory is optional. Home office actually provides us with free catalogs for tradeshows, events. For any event that costs between $50-150, you can get either 25 free catalogs or 80 mini catalogs. For events over $150, you can get either 50 free catalogs or 160 mini catalogs

-- is there a copy of the rules that I can see prior to signing up? Yes, I can send this to you

-- anything else I need to know? Absolutely amazing company to work for/with. I have been completely blown away!