WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Question about Beer Bread

samsal77
12-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Hi Everyone!
I am not a TS Rep, but love the products! I have a question about the Whole Wheat Bear Bread. My rep said if I didn't want to use beer, I could use seltzer. I did (seeing as I was snowed in and only had seltzer) and I like the results, but am wondering what others have used in place of beer, and how it affected the taste of the bread. I used raspberry seltzer, and the result was a little sweeter that I've tasted in the past.
Just curious!
Samantha

TastefullyMI
12-29-2010, 09:06 AM
I've used just plan seltzer (club soda) to make the bread and I know many of my clients use pop (soda) to make it as well. You can also use O'Dooles or other N/A beers if you like the flavor but don't want any alcohol. (the alcohol does bake off if that's a concern for anyone though)

I would suggest you go to Tastefully Simple - Home (http://www.tastefullysimple.com) Samantha and click on "Try our Recipes", pull the box down, pick "Bountiful Beer Bread" or "Savory Wheat Beer Bread" and you will be amazed at how many various ways you'll see to prepare our breads.

samsal77
12-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks so much! I will check out the link.

sanlab76
12-29-2010, 09:57 AM
You can use ANY kind of carbonated beverage!