WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Feeling lost and hopeless

actsup2
12-07-2010, 10:37 AM
I dont mean to whine but some days it's hard not to. I lost my job June '09. From the end of Jan '10 to the beginning of May '10, I had a temp job. They said they were going to hire me full time but then the President of the company had a friend in need so I didn't get it. Then I finally landed another temp job that lasted 3 weeks. Just last week I landed another temp job that was to work into a fulltime job, but they only had me there for a day. I just don't understand. I keep trying. I'm sure God is wanting me to learn something, but I'm not sure what. I must be blind or too blonde to get it.
We are fighting to keep our home. Food - well that comes and goes (you would think with the very little we have here that I would be losing weight but instead I'm getting fatter)
I decided to sell as much of our stuff as I could to bring in money - I made $30 at our yard sale. I couldn't even give things away. OMG - I feel like such a failure. Who fails at a yard sale? ME!!!!! I have searched jobs on here for well over a year and 99% involve selling. If I can't even give away things and I even fail at a simple yard sale - how am I do make a living selling anything?
My hubby has a business he has been trying to get off the ground and of course, since I am home, I am to get it moving, but hey, it's me, I can't even sell him products.
I feel like a curse has been placed on me. I don't know what to pray anymore and I feel sick inside that I have become so negative and whinny.
I need this broken - but I can't seem to do it alone.
Sorry this has been a novel - I just want what ever negative spirit that is on me to leave and for doors to open.
I believe I am a good person. I always give when I can, I help people as much as I can, and i work very hard at accepting others instead of judging them.
I really need God to help me open my eyes and understand what direction he desires me to take.
Thank you

lovemygirlies
12-07-2010, 10:45 AM
I am so, so sorry you are having such a hard time. Know that you are not alone! So many people are going through the same thing right now, homes in forclosure, no jobs, no food.
:(

I want you to know something, just because your yard sale did not turn out good does NOT make you a failure! Times are tough right now...thats not your fault! You can succeed, you just have to believe in yourself and realize that some things you have no control over! :) Never give up!

I will pray for you and your family that things turn around for you and get better soon!

Have a Blessed Day!

Christine

Crystal Cramer
12-07-2010, 11:09 AM
I feel so bad for you that you're going through such a rough patch.

So many people are going through tough times right now, so do not consider yourself a failure.

Just try to keep your head up high and pray about it and I'm sure God has a plan for you!

Crystal Cramer
Moms Helping Moms Work From Home
Internet CEO Moms (http://www.internetceomoms.com/gmc)
Crystal Cramer, Internet Ceo Mom (http://www.crystalcramer.blogspot.com)

clarryann
12-07-2010, 10:25 PM
I hope your prayers were answered and your life is much better now.

ParentingCoachLisa
12-08-2010, 12:39 AM
I am sorry for what you have been through. It's really difficult to find a job but don't lose hope because many doors are still open for you. Just keep on believing God and you will find what you are looking for.

I will pray for you so that you will enlighten with strength and hope.

Scottsgirl
12-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Things will get better!

I had a garage sale this summer after I was laid off. I think I made $5.00 one day. I had thousands (upon thousands) of CD's I had purchased with the intent of reselling. Anyway, even tho the garage sale was a total failure I ended up selling ALL of them to one local CD Store for a great price. Have you tried Craigslist? I find it works better than a yard sale. And you don't have to sit outside in this cold all day!

I used to feel hopeless too. I only got my hope back on 12/6 when I found a wonderful at home job due to connections I had with my previous employer. I had been unemployed since April - trying to pay the house, lights, etc all on my own off a piddly unemployment income.

Anyway.. Don't lose hope.. There IS always a bright side - and it took me several months to find it!

iambarbara
12-16-2010, 01:13 PM
When we are weak, He is able to show HIS strength to us. These are time for building character. I am in that time right now. It hurts(very bad) but it is because HE loves us so much!

Daddy has us in HIS arms!

denisek
12-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Boy, your depression and despair come through clearly in your post. I am sorry you are having such a hard time. Two suggestions, which you may have already tried, in our town there are organizations that help with food and utility bills, and the other idea is to start writing articles to make money. Go check out the Wahms Who Write section of this forum. Anyone who can type and can express their thoughts and feelings as coherently as you just did can definitely write content articles.

Stop thinking of yourself in negative terms. You are not a failure, but if you continue to think like one the universe is only too glad to accommodate you. Get mad if you have to, but do something to change things, shake them up, be bold, be the strong woman you know you are. Be grateful for your health and your family's health and don't look back, except to laugh later, for you will.

Good luck!

actsup2
12-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Denisek - thank you so much. I needed that kick in the rear. I'm not attempting to be so negative - I guess it's just coming too naturally right now.
Scottsgirl - congrats on having a job - I am always excited when I see that God is blessing his people.

I will say that God has been teaching me - I woke up the other day and realized that I am fine. Perhaps my big lesson was that I had my eyes on material things. I think what woke me up was my sister. She has become very materialistic - to a point that it actually bothered me. My husband and I have never lived above our means. We dont go out to eat or movies or shopping etc. There are a few things I would like that aren't needed but I normally dont get them.
I lost my job June of '09 and all we have left is our home. I just found out that I can apply to have my house payments stopped for up to 2 yrs. I am praying that God opens that door. At least we would have a place to live. I was upset that they never shared this with me before, but I am looking at it now that perhaps it was God's timing. I still want a job. I have no problem earning my keep in life. I am wondering now if perhaps there's something else God wants me to learn.
Anyway - thank you to everyone for your prays - I really believe that because of them God is opening my eyes and I am feeling more peace in my heart.
My God bless you all as you have blessed me!!!
I wish you all a very blessed Christmas

marley20
01-07-2011, 08:16 PM
I really hope things get better fast. :)

JesterJoker
01-08-2011, 11:39 AM
this time of year is especially bad for some..

asliha.alice
01-09-2011, 05:35 AM
hmmmm life is the name of challenge keep moving and grow with different ways of difficult time, my life is like hell, if i tell you u will surely cry but see i am working and breathing, life doesn't stop for anybody....thanks for sharing............

asliha.alice
01-09-2011, 05:36 AM
hmmmm life is the name of challenge keep moving and grow with different ways of difficult time, my life is like hell, if i tell you u will surely cry but see i am working and breathing, life doesn't stop for anybody....thanks for sharing............

jobs in middle east (http://middleeast.co/)

yurika975
01-09-2011, 08:41 AM
I am sorry you are having a hard time. Keep praying. I know it is hard ( I lost my job too and have two little ones). Sometimes I think God wants to use us to know others that it is not the material things that keep us happy. Sadly that can only happen when we have less. I think when others see us with less and we are trusting god while still trying to keep going. It can make them want to turn to him also. At my job I saw people making 5 and 6 times my salary.But they were so empty, spiteful and sad. They didn't have God and they were miserable. I'm not sure if I missed it, but have you considered writing?

Gina_Bell
01-09-2011, 09:26 PM
I think sometimes God allows us to go through things to get us to draw closer to Him and learn to trust Him completely. He won't fail you. Your heavenly father is faithful and if He loved you enough to give his son for you, he'll bring you through these tough times. Be encouraged!

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Proverbs 16:9 - The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

LuvtoRelax
01-14-2011, 06:49 PM
I am praying for you and your family. Remember, God sees our needs beforehand and has already made provisions for them. Wait on the Lord and He will strenghten your heart.

SweetScents - Candles, Bath & Body (http://SweetScents.Org)- Aihu Healing Essentials

funmommy
03-25-2011, 08:24 PM
We all consider ourselves failures at one point or another (well most of us anyway) and with persistence, failure can and will lead to success. Sales is a tough field... you might want to try something different if it is not the right fit for you... someone who stinks in sales may have excellent skills and qualifications for something else. Garage sale... well considering people are tightening their pockets, that doesn't surprise me. $30 seems like a good day. Keep trying and hang in there....

As denisek mentioned, there are programs out there to help with utilities, food, etc for the time being. You can visit your local food banks to help during those weeks of need. Many people are embarrassed to do such, but sometimes it can be necessary and you have to swallow your pride. We are only human, not godly, and should not have to pretend we are perfect. Good luck to you.

ParentingCoachLisa
03-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Yes! Keeping your faith in God will really help you get through with your worries and problems. We believe you can do it as there is no problem without solution. Just tighten your faith in Him. ;)

Good bless!

sweetmommyoftwo
03-28-2011, 12:32 PM
How are you doing today? Are things getting better? Sometimes we have to go thru things like that before the good things happen.

Write down your dreams/goals and stick them up on the fridge. Never give up on them no matter how bad things get.

If you are still looking for more income I can try to help you as much as possible, and show you how I do it. It takes a few hours of work per day but it's worth it.

Just pm me.

"There is no limit to what you can imagine. And with commitment, with effort, what you can imagine you can become. Put your mind to work for you. Believe that you can do it. The world will tell you that you can't. Yet, in your belief you'll find the strength, you'll find the ability, to do it anyway." Ralph Marston

landensmom
03-30-2011, 05:50 AM
Sending lots of hugs and prayers..

airsidelimo
04-13-2011, 11:18 PM
i m so sorry for you to have these troubles. but always remember that it is like an examination from GOD ALMIGHTY for you just have your faith and keep struggling

actsup2
04-16-2011, 11:17 AM
So here is the update. I am now feeling like a very ungrateful child of God right now. Finally after 2 yrs of being unemployed, the Lord opened a door. I am working from home doing reservations for U-haul. I totally HATE this job. They give you 2 weeks to jam in as much info as possible. They make you feel like you will lose your job if you make 1 mistake. During weeks 3 and 4 you are on the phone with customers and when you need help - well, lets just say I'm at the end of week 4 and I'm still waiting for help from the beginning of week 3. example - I got a call and i could hear the mans truck - breaking down big time and i was trying to get someone to help get him another truck - i IM'd the store and they never replied and I IM'd our quality assurance and they wouldn't help me help him. I just wanted to cry. I keep telling myself that God is wanting me to learn another lesson. I learned that my eye was on money more than it should be - thus he removed me from a job. Now I have one that makes me cry Everyday. Please pray I learn the lesson quickly and feel the gratitude I am suppose to feel. I do appreciate him blessing me with a job. I was just hoping for something different. Also - we are losing our home in July. so this job will not save the home. I would still liek to work from home - bec of gas - but I really would prefer a much better company. Thank you to you wonderful ladys for your prayers

hdavis77
04-22-2011, 04:03 PM
You are not a failure. You are going thru what so many others are. My mother has had so much trouble finding a permanent job these past couple yrs and her being over 50 has not helped. I know it's hard not to but please don't give up. Sometimes you have to go through some things in order to get to where ur going. Whatever don't kill you make you stronger. Just keep looking. You never know, you may have success w/ the right business here.

geneanroberts
04-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Have you ever heard prosper where you are planted? Be thankful for the crappy job and God will bless you with a better one. I have learned this lesson myself. I used to whine and complain and I made a decision not to anymore. Life and death is in the power of the tongue. What we speak is what will be. If we believe we are a failure, then we are. Change how you think and that will change your situation. check out Dani Johnson, her teaching has literally changed my life and my mindset.

Jackee
04-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Wow. I am sorry to hear things have turned out this way. I too have gone through A LOT of what you have described. PM me and we can talk. I have since been blessed in many little ways. When we talk, I will explain. I can say that after a lot of depression and tears, I resolved to keeping the faith and leaving it in God's hands.

actsup2
04-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Have you ever heard prosper where you are planted? Be thankful for the crappy job and God will bless you with a better one. I have learned this lesson myself. I used to whine and complain and I made a decision not to anymore. Life and death is in the power of the tongue. What we speak is what will be. If we believe we are a failure, then we are. Change how you think and that will change your situation. check out Dani Johnson, her teaching has literally changed my life and my mindset.

I know there is truth in that. I have always promised God I would work where ever He put me and for however long He put me there. I just never expected the job I have. Don't get me wrong - I am glad to have the job. I just don't like the job. Either way, we are losing our home. Job came too late in the game and pays way way too little. I know that in everything there is a lesson to be learned. I dont' believe that it's a lack of trust on my part. I know that even after we lose our home, we will be ok. Even if we have to sleep in the car, I know God provided me with a wonderful husband who will keep us safe. On the human side, it sucks. Of course, I understand we are still better off than so many others - heck - look at the storms that are destroying homes and taking lives. I really can't complain. I can be selfish, but I'm not that selfish. I have never heard of Dani Johnson. Is there a web site I can check out?

actsup2
04-29-2011, 10:39 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for your prays and mostly for the support. I take everything you say to heart. It's very appreciated. I guess my next prayer request would be to pray that after we lose our home, that something occurs in a positive way for us. What I mean is - one option we may have is to live with my husbads mother. She hates me more than life. I believe that her hatred of me would cause issues for me and my husband, if we lived with her, and it would highly end my marriage. We haven't even been married 3 yrs (in October). I am praying every day to gain more acceptance of us losing our home. My husband has been looking, in hope, that we can possibly find another home that is extremely cheap because he would need to qualify for the home, without me, and he only make $10 an hour - even if i have a job we can't use my income to qualify because the house we are in is my house - so bec i lost my job and can't afford the home, my credit sucks. anyway - i'm rattling on.
Thanks for everything!!!! hugs to everyone

The Survival Mom
04-30-2011, 03:21 PM
What I am going to suggest may sound illogical and it may not work. I don't know all of your details, although I have read this post. I would ask you to prayerfully consider renting a house or an apartment.This option gives you the most fexibility right now. If you rent something and you need to move, or find something better, or get better employment, then you can do what you want to do and need to do more easily. If you try to own something, then you are stuck, if your circumstances change.
I would also suggest that you rent well below what you can afford. This will take some of the financial stress off of you and your husband and give you an ability to contribute to an emergency fund. Having a fund like this will give you a cushion, and can be used later, when you try to qualify to purchase something later on. Best Wishes!

LamonicaE
04-30-2011, 04:16 PM

I'm glad to hear that you have a job but I'm sorry to hear that your family could lose your home. Even though you don't like your job you should show God that you are grateful for the job because he could bless you with something better. I've also had a hard time finding a job but I feel like God is leading me to work at home jobs. So right now I'm currently freelance writing and apart of a network marketing company. I'm not making a whole a lot of money but I still believe things will get better for me and I'm still looking for ways to make more money. So please don't give up and be grateful for the things you have.

I believe you should also take the time to feed your faith everyday by listening to positive messages from people such as Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen and Dani Johnson. I listen to Joyce Meyer via Itunes. Her teachings have been really helpful and they are free when you get them through Itunes. I'm glad that someone suggested Dani Johnson because as I was reading this I was thinking you should know about her.

Here's Dani Johnson's website: Dani Johnson (http://www.danijohnson.com/)
And here's one of her training calls I think you should listen to. This call gives details about how you should be grateful for the job or opportunity that's in front of you: How to Go From Superstar Status In Record Time (http://www.danijohnson.com/2011/failure-superstar-status-record-time/)

There are several other free recorded calls on her website

Here's a little information about Dani Johnson (information courtesy of her website):

Everyone has a unique life story to share – but initially, Dani Johnson’s looked to be made up of hardships and challenge. Growing up on welfare, she was pregnant at just 17 and homeless at 21. Life seemed like a closed book.

But that was hardly the end of Dani’s story.

Instead of accepting what life had scripted for her, Dani rewrote her own playbook, chapter by chapter – and by 23 she was a millionaire. In the years since, the tale has just gotten better: Today, Dani Johnson owns five companies, is a best-selling author and internationally desired speaker – and is passionately committed to her husband Hans and five children, and her journey with God. Just recently, Dani appeared as a guest star on ABC’s TV show "Secret Millionaire."