WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Slowing down - want to speed up!!

spateacher
12-05-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm bummed. It seems with the Christmas season everything spa related is slowing down instead of speeding up. Several people want to have parties but want to wait til January. I'm happy about that but December looks bleek. I really want to build this business to become a director but I'm amazed by what others do. I just don't seem to have what it takes apparently!!!

wmalspaugh
12-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Don't get discouraged. Every business has highs and lows, it ebbs and flows. Be positive in that you can concentrate on getting organized, making an action plan, then taking steps this month so you can be prepared when you get busy with spas next month. Believe me, it is not that green on the other side of the fence, they have been there, too. We ALL have what it takes, we just don't all "arrive" at the same speed. Be of good cheer and enjoy your time to yourself to gird yourself and get ready to get busy in 2011!

TifAnnaJack
12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Do as much personal selling as you can in December and get your January booked! That is what I'm doing. I don't think many are doing much by way of spa right now.

EscapeWithMolly
12-07-2010, 08:54 AM
I agree, it's tough. Especially when you hear stories of folks who seem to be going so much faster than you!

Truth is, although this business is simple, it isn't easy. And while everyone starts with the same case, not everyone starts with the same mindset, skills, circumstances or network of contacts.

The advice you've received here is good - and definitely reach out to your upline for more. They've walked in your shoes, plus they've had time and opportunity to learn from many others who've travelled this way too. Truth is - we all reach the same destination but definitely not in exactly the same way. (equifinality!!!)

In the meantime, I suggest that you coach yourself a little bit by asking some key questions:

What area of your business are you most satisfied with? (booking, selling, recruiting, time management, follow up, the spa experience itself, etc.)
What steps did you take in that area to get you to this level of satisfaction?
How can you build on that confidence to now start working on one of the areas you are not so satisfied with?
Who can help you learn more, practice and then improve in that area?
When will you take those steps?
How will you know when you've reached your goal in that area?

And now that I've written this, I'm like WOW - I need to do the exact same thing! I'm happy in some areas of my business right now but nowhere near the finish line :)

Peace, Molly