WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

AngieGreenMN
11-22-2010, 07:43 AM
I'm just curious what people do for their current customers during the holidays. Open house, a nice "thank you for your business" card, a gift certificate or special offer? Trying to find a neat idea to thank current customers for their business throughout the year.

I'm rockin' this season....most presents bought already and I switched our family Christmas cards to Thanksgiving cards and they are in the mailbox today! Might actually get to enjoy December this year!

MelissaGS
11-22-2010, 11:16 AM
I decided not to have a HOH this year - because my schedule was already too crazy on the weekends to have it. Instead I'm focusing more on my individual shopping appointments.

I also do my Pink Friday sale, this year I'm going to switch it up and have it be 30% off all products that are new to them and 15% off all products that they already love.

I also have a drawing on December 1st for a $50 gift certificate for everyone who has completed their wish list by then. Then I call their "Santa's" about the products they would like. Then starting December 26th they get a 20% discount on all the items that were on their wish list that they didn't get under their tree this year.

Jolly
11-23-2010, 10:34 AM
An Open House is a wonderful idea if done well. But our first priority at this time is the REASON we have Chritmas and Hannukah. Not to start an argument, but just to be a witness, ,,why not send cards out of love? Why not do something for persons who have never brought any income to you?

AngieGreenMN
11-24-2010, 07:59 AM
I think Melissa has creative ideas (thank you!), and Jolly has a good point. I'm aiming to strike a balance - our family greetings will not mingle with anything Mary Kay, my greetings to current customers will simply acknowledge my appreciation for them, but thirdly, it is prime selling time (it is a business after all!), cosmetics/pampering products are a good "one size fits all" gift, and women are indeed out spending money now - I saw it first hand at a local WAHM-business boutique. Wow, that was a long sentence. In summary = balance.