WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How do I know...???

homeformyboys
11-19-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm just wondering how one knows if a data entry opportunity is legit or not? I keep getting emails for data entry positions but I wonder how to know if they are what they say they are or if they are scams. :confused: They ask for a payment of $49.99-is this normal/reasonable?
Thanks for your input?
Kim

sydnee21
11-20-2010, 03:57 AM
Sorry Kim, but I'm going to say scam. Those emails have been going around for years. Things to watch for:

1. Unsolicited emails
2. Asking for payment
3. No legitimate contact or company information that you can research

homeformyboys
11-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks-I was thinking that along those lines but just wanted to make sure.

Has anyone either worked for or heard of/heard good things of Global Data Entry? I've checked the BBB and they have them listed but not accredited-not sure if that's bad or just because it's a home based business.:confused: Anyone have any thoughts??

4hoursaweek
11-21-2010, 10:07 PM
I've never seem a real one. You are better off doing some article writing if you have any talent in that direction.

Kim

angienewton
11-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Most data entry offers you'll find on the Internet are scams. You definitely should never have to pay for a job.

ParentingCoachLisa
12-03-2010, 06:48 PM
I could say it's scam. Nobody will ask for any amount with that.

lovemygirlies
12-03-2010, 07:00 PM
I say scam too...they will take your money and either give you an ebook on how to find data entry jobs or a list of links to more sites like theirs.

I did some research for you and ehow has an article that lists these 3 companies as being legit for data entry. Data entry does not interest me and I have never worked with any of these so I can't say for sure but it will give you a place to start! :)

GetAFreelancer
vWorker
Elance

From what I gather, you "bid" the amount of money you are willing to accept on data entry jobs and if the employer picks you, you get the job. Kind of like constructions workers bid on jobs.

Good luck to you!

Christine :)