WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Question about Joining

healthyma
10-09-2010, 06:39 PM
I have been thinking about joining but there are so many MK reps in my area. I seem to met them at every networking function I go to . Even at church there are a few reps. I was wondering if I did join what chance would I have buliding a business with all that competition. Thanks
Yvette

cinnamonmomof3
10-10-2010, 11:18 AM
I think you would still have a chance. Not all of those reps will be actively working the business.

MelissaGS
10-10-2010, 12:56 PM
There are 3 different consultants at my church, but they are all working the business at different levels. I am the only on "actively" working the business. I just had the pastor's wife book a party with me today, even though she has known the other consultants for a longer time. It's all about how you work it. And you will never know until you try!

Bobbi Anna
10-10-2010, 12:58 PM
You know people they don't know. And your circle of influence is different than theirs.

Amway has been around for years, yet people still start an Amway business. Is not about who you know, but who you know knows. Make sense?

You will make money from referrals and reorders.

AngieGreenMN
10-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Hi Yvette, I agree with everyone - in a lot of cases it is even very helpful to know other MK consultants in your area. You could share the cost/time of having booths at big events, swap products if you're in a pinch, and ride to MK events together. Besides, you can only sell to friends and family for so long before you need to branch out anyway. :D

sparkler
10-12-2010, 11:19 AM
I believe you would do yourself a huge favor by thoroughly researching your topic and finding out what you can about market saturation. It DOES exist in MK and most certainly can hurt your chances of success in this endeavor. Take a look on eBay and see how many thousands of MK product are for sale at wholesale and below, and then decide if you can compete with that with your retail prices.

mkcecilia
10-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Most ladies are not working their business according to the Marketing Plan. However, with the trillions of people in this world, I do not believe in saturation since I have never to this day been approached by another Mary Kay person in my area or any area that I have travelled. If you believe, then you can succeed. There is ups and downs to every business, however, most women like to look and feel beautiful. This business takes organization, dedication and consistency if you want to make it to the top. If not, building a solid customer base is also good for change in your pocket.

Jolly
10-14-2010, 08:22 PM
I am never comfortable doing business at church.

Bobbi Anna
10-15-2010, 05:27 PM
When I moved into my neighborhood, there were 3 MK consultants already here, but a Beauti Control consultant, and an Arbonne consultant.
A few years later, and I'm the only one that is still working the business.

jhng000
10-15-2010, 06:35 PM
i think there is always a chance

sparkler
10-16-2010, 07:10 AM
When I moved into my neighborhood, there were 3 MK consultants alrdy here......
A few years later, and I'm the only one that is still working the business.

It never occurred to you to ask the other 3 MK consultants why they would quit such lucrative jobs???

Jolly
10-18-2010, 12:18 PM
It never occurred to you to ask the other 3 MK consultants why they would quit such lucrative jobs???

NOOooooooooooo! that is too much like looking under the bed for the boogie man!

sparkler
10-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Boo!!!!! :-d