WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : UN Appoints a "Space Ambassador"

CammiB
10-09-2010, 02:05 PM
OMGosh! I wanted to laugh at this, but these people are serious. The UN has hired a Malaysian Astrophyisicist as their Space Ambassador to greet extra terrestrials.

Latest Stories | Asian Tribune (http://www.asiantribune.com/news/2010/09/28/un-appoints-malaysian-astrophysicist-‘space-ambassador”-et-contact)

What do you think of this?

MrsCyrcus
10-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Project Blue Beam.

CammiB
10-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Project Blue Beam.

Interesting...

There are alot of things coming into the open lately that have my head spinning.

MrsCyrcus
10-18-2010, 04:43 PM
I've known about this for about two years now. I've been called crazy but I think the label is on the wrong person. LOL Only a wacko could think up this stuff!

rhondaklewis
10-19-2010, 12:05 AM
I've known about this for about two years now. I've been called crazy but I think the label is on the wrong person. LOL Only a wacko could think up this stuff!

This has been going on for two years?
The U.N. has no liaison for extraterrestrials after all (http://io9.com/5650039/the-un-has-no-liaison-for-extraterrestrials-after-all)

The U.N. has no liaison for extraterrestrials after all

After UK newspaper the Sunday Times trumpeted a story last week that the U.N. had appointed an ambassador to extraterrestrials, it seemed as if we might be on the verge of actually meeting some aliens. Or at least, having somebody to send the aliens to if they asked us about international relations. Unfortunately, the story was a fabrication.

Today the UK Guardian reports that the alleged extraterrestrial liason, Mazlan Othman, is not the go-to person for alien contact. The Malaysian astrophysicist is head of the U.N.'s Office for Outer Space Affairs, but she's tackling issues like near-Earth objects that could become deadly meteors - not contact with ET. In an email sent to press, Othman said the alien liaison job "sounds really cool," but it's not what she does for the U.N.

via The Guardian

MrsCyrcus
10-19-2010, 07:46 AM
This has been going on for two years?
The U.N. has no liaison for extraterrestrials after all (http://io9.com/5650039/the-un-has-no-liaison-for-extraterrestrials-after-all)

The U.N. has no liaison for extraterrestrials after all

After UK newspaper the Sunday Times trumpeted a story last week that the U.N. had appointed an ambassador to extraterrestrials, it seemed as if we might be on the verge of actually meeting some aliens. Or at least, having somebody to send the aliens to if they asked us about international relations. Unfortunately, the story was a fabrication.

Today the UK Guardian reports that the alleged extraterrestrial liason, Mazlan Othman, is not the go-to person for alien contact. The Malaysian astrophysicist is head of the U.N.'s Office for Outer Space Affairs, but she's tackling issues like near-Earth objects that could become deadly meteors - not contact with ET. In an email sent to press, Othman said the alien liaison job "sounds really cool," but it's not what she does for the U.N.

via The Guardian

I was referring to Project Bluebeam, not the story in the OP.

CammiB
10-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks Rhonda. I thought that was pretty "bold" even for the UN. Just proves how reliable the MSM is these days :)

The idea had to come from somewhere, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was "leaked" to see what kind of reaction they would get from the public. Just a thought.

rhondaklewis
10-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Yes, some things do get leaked on purpose.

Othman said in the article that alien liaison sounds cool. I wonder how cool it would be to her if aliens really did pay a visit? She would have to be one of the first people out there to meet and greet.

Not a position I would want.

HighEnergyMom
10-20-2010, 06:40 PM
I sure wouldn't want to do that either. While I have heard stories of various things from people that I considered legitimate, I'm reserving judgment on whether aliens really do exist till we actually have to go meet and greet route.:eek:

CammiB
10-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Does anybody think its coincidental that "alien sightings" are very high this month???

CammiB
10-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Anybody else watching the new show "The Event"??? Interesting show about "aliens" living here on earth. The show ended last night with a journalist telling two of the main characters they were the ones who were deluded because they didn't know the truth. "Aliens" seems to be a theme this month. lol