WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I have a really busy month

Mrs1stSgt
10-05-2010, 01:39 PM
With It Works, this sunday I have a bridal fair, the 13th a social luncheon, then on the 24th I have a big wrap party scheduled my first, I could use some pointers or tips. I have never seen a party in person so I will be logging on to the living the dream team website to study that one. I did get the party cd does anyone use theirs it seems a bit boring. This will be with a group of teachers so I want to make it fun.
Lisa

Soonergirl74
10-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Awesome that you have so many events booked! As far as never having been to a party, don't worry about it. You will be fine. I started out the same way & just watched several videos & listened to training on having parties.

As far as the party DVD goes, I haven't used it at a party yet so I can't say one way or the other. I like what I've seen of the video though. I like that Mark speaks then Pam comes in with a story. I do need to watch it from start to finish still though. I think you party will be fun regardless because this is like nothing else out there. Since you will be wrapping them it's not like they are just sitting there listening to you or watching the video. It really breaks the whole thing up & they are not listening to the presentation for long. As long as you are having fun & excited they will be as well. I have a great time at our parties & end up laughing a lot.

As far as tips go, be yourself. Be relaxed. I don't stand, have even sat down on a fireplace ledge before. I show the Fat Fighter demo & let them taste the Greens. I am sure to explain the value packages & how much they save, which one is my favorite. I hand out a clipboard with their order form so they don't just lay the order for down. I just basically am excited & have a great time. We've usually laughed a lot during the wrapping so they are comfortable with me & ready to listen.

You'll do great!
Jen

Mrs1stSgt
10-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Jen, Thank you.
Lisa