WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

tannilisa
08-26-2010, 07:58 AM
I just got a new IMac computer and am trying to download the adium chat program so I can do files, but i am having problems with adding my account on it and it will not connect, I get a "socket" error. I just wanted to see if anyone has a Mac and what program they use to transcribe with.

Sugar Mouse
08-26-2010, 08:19 AM
I transcribe from a Mac too, and I too am getting the socket error even though I followed all the install instructions (for Mac) very carefully.

PC users seem to have something called Pidgin [sp?]. I am really confused about this whole issue - welcome screen says I have to log in to typistlink but I thought it did not work yet and we were still supposed to use Yahoo.

Can anyone clarify? thx

Sugar Mouse
08-26-2010, 08:22 AM
tannilisa, this thread from 8/16 says it is still not working ... any further info from anyone who reads this is appreciated!

http://www.wahm.com/forum/quicktate-263/522558-typist-link.html

tannilisa
08-26-2010, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the replies. I just found out that I can use the same thing I used on my PC, the typistlink I just logged on and hit transcribe and am able to get files like before! wish I tried that to begin with lol!