WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : business license

carlyn
07-16-2010, 07:59 AM
Hi,

I am getting frustrated trying to find out if i would need a business license or not. i live in florida. who on here has one and who doesn't? thanks.

carlyn

bianca5454
07-16-2010, 09:59 AM
You can user your social security # rather than a business license. It would be viewed as a DBA (doing business as).

HTH~ :)

watkinsindel
07-16-2010, 07:00 PM
I know that some areas do require you to have a business license. I do use my SS# when filing my business/personal taxes . That is why I suggest she checked locally to see what the rules are. Since you are running a home business vs a store most of the time you don't need the license but it is always wise to look online at your local state laws.

AletheaAnderson
08-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Greetings!

What you'll want to do is call your local county offices, as these are usually where you obtain a County Business license. You'll want to tell them you'll be an independent representative for a direct sales company, often times they say you will not need one. However some places DO require one.

i.e. here where I live in Northern Nevada, my county does not require one, however the city of Reno does!