WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Zemandi warning....

cabaret
07-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Okay this is a very low paying company but that isn't the problem. A friend of mine does a self induced mystery shopping for companies that appear on freelancing sites and craigslist. Anyway, she called me yesterday and wanted me to help her test this one. She had herself and 6 referrals in line and all had had the same issue. She wouldn't tell me the issue until I completed an assignment. It didn't take long to sign up. No request for sample content or anything. You just login to their site, which they list on the over abundance of ads they have on freelance sites, and sign up. It took five minutes to be "hired". You can do blogs, reviews, or content. 300 words and up. Content is $1 for 300 words (yeah I know scary right?) and $1.25 for 350 word reviews. Believe me you don't want to know the rest of the prices. Anyway I took an assignment and did it. It took maybe 10 minutes to do the review. It was rejected.....4 times. The first time they said there were not enough words. Well my word count showed 360 so I thought maybe just maybe their counter is different so I added 20 words or so. Then it was rejected due to not enough paragraphs. The require 4 paragraphs. I went in and sure enough I had done 5 paragraphs. I put it into 4 paragraphs and sent it back. The third rejection was a grammar issue. Not mine...there's. I used the word "in" as in Blah blah State Park located *in* bleh bleh state. They said that they wanted the word *in* taken out not only in the title but in all repeats of the phrase. I did it and sent it back. I got the final rejection that said "We have decided not to accept your article. Thank you and please take another assignment."

Now keep in mind from signing up to the final rejection less than 3 hours had passed. I would send in the article, flip to my email, hit check mail, and the rejection was already there. Not enough time to read the article at all. It was almost back to back. I called my friend and told her what happened. She started laughing. They did this to her and all six of her referrals. Within a 5 hour time span all of them had signed up, done the articles, been rejected 2-5 times, and then a final rejection was sent.

I immediately hopped over here to let you guys know becuase this company is all over freelance sites like guru and freelancer. They have ads on craigslist and everywhere else. I just don't want a newbie to get caught up in this! I mean it's one thing for me to do it because in cases like this my friend pays me a small fee for "mystery shopping" so no harm no foul. But for a newbie...this could be the start and finish to an excellent writing career from home.

Hope this helps someone.

blueat40
07-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the warning. I sometimes pick up jobs on CL and guru so I can just skip this company. You are right, if a newbie picked up this job, it could the end of a wonderful thing for a writer.
Lisa

Zemandi
07-16-2010, 06:26 PM
:confused: We have found this post about our company and we are quite surprised. Why would somebody write and post a mostly fabricated story like this one. We wonder what have we done to that author. Is it because she/he thinks our rates are too low? Or is it because she/he is upset because her review was rejected. And it should have been accepted as she thinks of herself as a superstar. We don't know. We just wish she or he would have had the courtesy to talk to us before posting slander about our company. We welcome you to contact us, we are an open company and we are happy to have a discussion in public about what we do and who we are. We have nothing to hide and we don't need to hide behind funky usernames. Face us if you don't like what we do, but don't just talk bad about us behind our backs. We have a forum on our site where you could have posted your "story", but you chose not to, because you already know that most of your story is simply not true. And we like to believe that our writers would have stand up to your lies. But of course that didn't seem to be your agenda. So if you are available for an open discussion with our company, its principals and other writers we be happy to have that discussion here in this forum. Let us know if you can handle the truth or if you are even interested in the truth.
Here are the facts:
When a new writer signs up with Zemandi we initially assign an English score of 0. This score only allows a new writer access to our low paying jobs. You may disagree and wish it would be different, but the rates we are paying are common for this kind of work. We allow every writer to start writing and actually to get paid for their submissions, rather than asking our new writers to submit an unpaid sample. Every submission is rated by our editorial staff and depending on the quality we will raise the score. With a higher score you have access to higher paying work. Some of our article pay $15 for 500 words, but before you qualify for those you need to have a score of 5. You earn that score by providing consistently high quality articles on time. It is that simple.
Now let's talk about rejections. This is where the author of above story has shown substantial imagination and intentionally misstated the truth. Our system does perform automated consistency checks once we receive a submission. These automated checks are focused on easily quantifiable criteria.
Let's start with the word count. Yes our system can count, and our counts are accurate, but we do not include the title in the word count and we don't count numerals as words. It is not really hard to reach the required word count, but the author of the story obviously had a problem with it.
Paragraphs. Yes our clients have requirements in regards to how many paragraphs they would like to see at a minimum for a given word count. And yes a product review must have a minimum of 4 paragraphs. Now the rest of the story is all lies. We don't reject a submission if it has more than the required paragraphs, only if it has less. So if she/he did have 5 paragraphs her/his review would have been accepted. Why she/he is lying is unclear to us, but we assume it makes the story more interesting and absurd.
Now the third issue. The grammar check. Also a complete lie. While it is true that our system performs an extensive grammar check, the results of this check are never send to the writer, but are being used to decide if we need to send the submission to one of our editors, prior to submitting it to our client. If the submission reaches a certain minimum score the article is automatically send to our client. If it doesn't score so well it is being send to one of our editors for a manual review. This review never happens within a few hours, we are way too busy for that, but can take up to 24 hours. It is now up to our editor to either make minor changes and send the article to our client, or to send it back to the writer for revision. From what the fiction writer of this story has been saying, removing the word "in" in a phrase would always be done by our editors rather than wasting every bodies time and sending it back to the writer. It would be interesting to see if the writer of the above story can produce any proof, like emails or other communication from us that will support her lies, but we already know the answer to that. Unless she/he is willing to start forging emails of course.
Now the last part the rejection. Yes it is possible that our clients reject submissions. They do! And it is their right to do so. We don't know the reason for the rejection as we don't know who the "mystery (fiction) shopper" was, but if she/he is standup enough we to let us know, we are happy to dissect her/his submission here in this forum and explain why it was rejected. We are even convinced that our client would be happy to explain why it was rejected in a very short time period. Only less than one percent of all submissions are rejected within a few hours of submission. It is usually a very bad sign for the quality of the submission to be rejected so fast, but other factors sometimes play a role. Often it is rejected so fast as for some reason our system didn't catch attempts to plagiarize content from other sites, but our clients check revealed some problems. But again unless the author is willing to step up we can only speculate as to why it was part of the bottom 1% of all article our writers create.
Now she mentions another mystery friend that supposedly has six referrals and the same happened to all of her referrals. Now here is our offer: We are willing to invite the author or anybody else of this forum to check our books and records and see if they can find any writer in our team that would fit that description. Our books are open. we actually keep records of what we do, and we have nor writer that comes even remotely close to that description. As a matter of fact only three rejections happened in the month of July in less than a day. So again we wonder why the lies. We also invite the "friend" to stand up and face us with their allegations. Either here or in our forum. If you have an issue with us, face us, don't just cowardly tell lies about us behind our backs.
And I really think you should refund the small fee to your friend. I assume she didn't pay you to defraud her by telling her lies about your experience. She paid you to find out the truth. And you not only abused her trust, took her money and lied to her face, but you also published your lies. We really wonder why. Where you really so desperate for money that you had to defraud your own "friend". I am happy I don't count as one of my friends, as I expect my friends to tell me the truth, especially when I paid them to research something for me. But hey, different people have different standards.
Again face us, show us, your friend and this forum any proof you have. But of course you won't, because you made it all up.

Syn R.
07-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the info, Cabaret.

ChelseiH
07-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the warning, Cabaret. And for the chuckle, Zemandi.

Kiernansmom
07-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Honestly it doesn't matter whether the original review was made up or not, though I'm not sure what reason she would have for making it up. Any site that offers a whole $1 for 300 words is a joke.

Laurie1979
07-16-2010, 08:20 PM
I decided to give it a whirl by signing up and getting an assignment. And after reading it, omg. The client is a cheapskate. I don't care if the Zemandi guy shut my account from there. I have places that I write for that pay better than that despite that they may be a buck or more per piece.

OMG. And I am sure the rest of you notice that there are some errors such as grammar and/or spelling? I think that I am just going to forget doing the friggin assignment. It's so rediculous.

prhilton
07-16-2010, 09:00 PM
The OP of this thread is a regular poster around here - and a valuable one - and you, Zemandi man, just lost even more credibility by insulting her publicly in this forum.

I have never seen a company act so unprofessionally! You should be ashamed. Your long-winded, wordy, poorly written lashing only made you look worse.

Angelicbaby1313
07-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Calling authors out publicly isn't going to get people jobs. I had a lot of respect when I had a problem with a company and vented and they told me to contact them privately and discuss the issues and they'd explain what was happening. I did and all is well.

Thank you for the warning :)

Lady M
07-16-2010, 09:29 PM
I think that Zemandi's poor grammar makes this even more hilarious. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

cabaret
07-17-2010, 12:48 AM
First of all thank you to my fellow forum members. I appreciate your kind words.

On to the reason I'm posting this response. I could sit here and type out a long drawn out spill, however, I think Zemandi's response to my warning proves the point. Of course I did not lie about them. What reason would I have to come here and post a warning about a company that to my knowledge has never been mentioned here before? None. I have better things to do than to resort to a forum post that acquired no gain for myself but warning for others. I believe that all Zemandi has done here is proven their lack of understanding when it comes to how content provider's view payment and company ethics. They have more than adequately shown that they care nothing for their companies reputation by simply avoiding a grammar and spelling check all together while being apparently proud of their payment as if $1 is gold! With that said I am going to allow other readers to read my warning and then read the companies reply. I believe that future writers and current writers looking for more work have the intellectual capacity to decide for themselves if the warning should be taken with a grain of salt or with a firm nod of the head as they move to more valuable endeavors.

I would like to point out that I have been writing content for several years off and on. I only recently turned to "writing from home" as a full time endeavor. I do not claim to be with the highest paying companies out there nor do I claim to be the best writer in the world. I write for TB, BS, and IB primarily and have applied to other companies to pad out and even out the pay. I'm saying this because I know new readers will be reading and I want them to keep this in mind. With those "lower" paying companies I make roughly $16 to $20 per hour of actual writing. I rarely have a re-write request and have never had a rejection from any of the companies I am currently with. It can be done newbies. It can!!!! You do not have to be a super star to do it. Keep your chin up and keep striving for your goal. It will happen! Also, if you have ANY questions ask in this forum. I could not have made it through some of the nervous times if it had not been for the wonderful people here who are willing to answer even the silliest of questions.

Laurie1979
07-17-2010, 02:34 AM
Cabaret, I couldn't have said it any better than that. You had shown so much credit by warning others about Zemandi and it was unprofessional of him to lash out at you just because you were telling the truth. I ended up rejecting to do the dumb project for that dumb company. And oh wow. A buck. I made a friggin buck. lol What a joke.

And like you, I am a writer at TB, BS, IB, and would like to write for other places as well. At BS, if I work for a whole hour, I could make at least $24-$32 an hour. But then, my kids would distract me while I'm trying to work. Grrrrr!!!!

Thanks for letting all of us know about it. I may have to add this to the article of Laughingstock of the content mill sites that pay so friggin low. Don't waste your time guys. There's other places that pay better than Zemandi. OMG.

stancubog
07-17-2010, 01:48 PM
they have just rejected my first article, however, i must admit it was rubbish even for bulk
let s see what happens later with my other articles that were pretty good ( for bulk writing)

Dear Writer,

your product review submission for Assignment ID� AAA has been declined. But our client has indicated that an affiliate may be interested in buying the review. We have resubmitted your review to that affiliated company. If accepted they will pay $0.30 for this review. We will have the results in approximately 3-5 days.

There are many potential reasons why your review might have been declined. Unfortunately our client has not been more specific. In general the reasons are:

Your review is not specific enough. This is the most common reason for being declined. When writing a review you must be as specific as possible. Writing about your favorite music is not specific, writing about your favorite music style (e.g. Classic Rock) is not specific, writing about your favorite Singer or Rock band is specific. Choose an actual product or service, choose a company, choose a local business but be specific. Writing about Hairdressers doesn't work, writing about Supercut in a specific location works (provide the address). Writing about iPhone is not specific enough, writing about the iPhone 3G� 32 GB is specific.

Your review has too many typos or poor grammar and poor English. This happens sometimes when your review has too many typos. While our client understands that our members are not Shakespeare it is expected that we proofread and spell-check our submissions prior to submitting them. This is an easy way to avoid this problem.

Your review is hard to read. When writing your review avoid any kind of formatting. Do not indent the beginning of your paragraph. Keep your paragraphs short. Add an empty line between paragraphs. Do not under any circumstance include the Quest ID in the body of your review, there are specific fields in the submission form for that purpose.

The Location you provided is not specific enough. When reviewing places like Hotels, Theaters, etc. you must provide a full address including the street, city, state and zip. Just stating Miami, Fl is not specific enough and may lead to rejection. When reviewing a chain restaurant or car rental company choose a specific location for your review. Don't claim to review all locations of a McDonald's restaurant, choose one and review the one you chose.

You have included links. If you have included links your review will be automatically rejected.

You have chosen an inappropriate category or your rating doesn't match your review. As outlined in the Assignment you need to make sure to submit your review in the appropriate category. Our client receives several hundred of reviews per day and the reviews are reviewed by category specific editors. If you submitted the review in the wrong category there sometimes the reviewing editor simply rejects the Quest. The same applies to your rating. If you have stated in your review that a product is really bad, but you rated it a 10 (best), than sometimes the reviewing editor simply rejects your review.

ZEMANDI Support

ferfer
07-17-2010, 05:48 PM
They came back to their senses, just sent an email to say they are sorry for rejecting my article. Maybe the man is following this forum, as he already posted here, or he is really paying.

"Sorry, that email was sent by mistake. Your review was accepted. We have made the changes in our system.

We are unclear what caused the problem, but our dev team will be working on it. Thanks for pointing out the problem."

However, I know my language is somewhat poor, this is why for bulk writing there is always a native editor that comes afterwards to correct those articles. This is why our rate is so low, we have to start somewhere, don't we?

This just keeps getting better and better....

Rya1
07-18-2010, 05:38 AM
I have cleaned up this thread of all of the abusive posts and references. It is fine to call a company out as well as it is fine for people to defend said company. However there are forum rules about language and abusive posts. Please be respectful of each other. I do not want to lock or delete this thread as I feel the original topic has merit to the boards readers to discuss.

Lady M
07-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks for keeping this a great forum, Rya!

stancubog
07-23-2010, 09:13 AM
i am back after one week with my zemandi impressions.

first, i would like to tell you that they are rejecting many articles. most of them. they are saying i am not following requests. however, i have posted some articles made exactly to meet all their demands and i am expecting the review on that.

however, i should say that zemandi will not give you the opportunity to rewrite articles. they will reject it and offer a lower price for it. so i am really confused about how your friend cabaret could sent the same article three times. i would also like to see that article if possible, to see if the zemandi requests were followed.

cabaret
07-23-2010, 12:16 PM
I have one question and three statements as after this post I will be acting as if this thread no longer exists.

If you are not Zemandi and just another freelancer like the rest of us then why continually keep posting in their obvious defense and why ask me for a copy of my work to see if I followed Zemandi guidelines????

I have made my point and warning.
Zemandi has proven that point through their unprofessional and unethical behavior within this forum.
I feel that any further posting by myself or anyone else in response to Zemandi, Stancubog, or any other screen name they choose to use would only further fuel their unprofessionalism.

With that I will no longer be responding within this thread as this has grown far out of the scope of the threads original intent.

stancubog
07-23-2010, 03:16 PM
I have one question and three statements as after this post I will be acting as if this thread no longer exists.

If you are not Zemandi and just another freelancer like the rest of us then why continually keep posting in their obvious defense and why ask me for a copy of my work to see if I followed Zemandi guidelines????

I have made my point and warning.
Zemandi has proven that point through their unprofessional and unethical behavior within this forum.
I feel that any further posting by myself or anyone else in response to Zemandi, Stancubog, or any other screen name they choose to use would only further fuel their unprofessionalism.

With that I will no longer be responding within this thread as this has grown far out of the scope of the threads original intent.

i am just trying an impartial judgement of this site. it is important for some writers as it is the only site i could find that would accept, or at least pretend to accept lower quality articles. if you know some other reliable sites of this kind, please feel free to tell me about them. as far as i am concerned i have only posted impartial information with quotes and facts. as i can see you are not able to do the same and your only response is "zemandi is stancubog and stancubog is zemandi". if you are not interested about this topic, you shouldn't have opened it.

however, you avoided a clear response and that is enough for me. it is clearly you haven't tried zemandi and you opened this thread based on who knows what information gathered from a friend of a friend of a friend.

abeaven
10-03-2010, 07:26 AM
I to work for Zemandi and I will tell you I have no ownership in this company. I am not any type of worker behind the scenes, I am a writer. I had just began working for them about a week in a half.
So far I have not been rejected to any writings, I was sent 1 submission of mine asking me to check my puncuations. That was it. I have referred many people and they to enjoy the work they are doing. I am not trying in anyway to fight with anyone on this issue, but I will stand up for what I know is true, and this company not only offers many jobs, and you do move up quickly as far as the scores. But they are offering freelance writing for people without experience being fluent in english. Thats all they ask. I have been very happy with them and their a great company. Very nice when and if you need help.
As said before in the other , you receive an email and if you read it the whole thing, it tells you how many paragraphs, minimum. How many minimum words, and what the subject is about. If there are special requests that to will be in the email. Following their request you will not get a submission sent back to you.
Give it a try, I know word of mouth is how we follow, but if your needing or wanting to try it for yourself. Please do so. You will see its not fraud, nor a bad company. Just follow your email instructions they send. Proofread your writing, spell check, and make sure your quotations are in the right areas.
Try it for yourself. Please.
Just Another Writer.

cabaret
10-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Two months later and this is being brought back up by a person with one post...... wow

AG1976
10-03-2010, 12:09 PM
My thoughts exactly, cabaret.

Lexical
10-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Hey there!! I also joined Zemandi about 13 days ago. I made some big mistakes the first time because I was excited to make money and start writing .
What I have noticed and can attest to is that they really are not very professional at all.Very sarcastic in they replies to questions/ statements that dont compliment them.

I was stunned to find this review on them because I have been checking out scams online for the beter part of the evening and could not come across Zemandi's name ...so I thought ok , they might be legit.IJust as I was about to quit my search I came upon this.Now whether the original post was true or not , the fact remains that I am now happy to know that I wasn't the only one who thought the payment there was highly comical.

There are a few things that if you dont check out about Zemandi before you start you will be tricked.For example I only came across through a gut feeling they forum page...then I saw the concerns and started to reallly open up my eyes. One female claims she was paid 30 CENTS ONLY for 7 articles!!!!!!!!!! Now by any standards thats exploitation.I dont care if they are a forum for new writers, thats EXPLOITATION!!!!!! So I changed the tip in the box and now I am not getting anymore assignments.Truth be told I have been 'late' with assignments but here 'late ' means I was still within the time limits.Now all of a sudden they have my reviews being manually checked . I think my articles are goood , not the BEST but good and truth be told for the entire week they have me doubting even my basic ability to write. Something is not quite right with this company.

I have found they interactions to always be filled with sarcasm, but I tried to overlook it until I found something more substantial.No doubt if they have stopped sending assignments it is obvious that I will not be allowed to reach the $20 mark thus I will never get my money for my work.Now thats a SCAM!!!!!!! I wonder what they will do when I decide that contract or no contract I WILL resell my articles elsewhere.If they are NOT good enough for you Zemandi, then send them to hell BACK .You must be profiting from them some how.I spend the entire day working on these reviews sometimes forgetting to eat breakfast or lunch, then to have some sarcastic writer tell me I am not good enough?

I will give them a few more days beacuse the 7-10 day deadline to deal with my payments is long gone.We will see what happens.I will be back here to post .Good or Bad!!!!!

P:S...My thinking is , Zemandi said it was a site for amateur writers...then why would you expect EXCEPTIONAL work from newbies.Your initial sie staement said " you don't need to be a writer per se" just good grammar etc...Why keep changing the rules when ever 'writers ' get close to pay day? I agree there will kill many a writers' spirit! I know they have succeeded in suffocating mine.

ShannaBanana
10-03-2010, 07:19 PM
This thread just keeps getting more and more weird...

cabaret
10-03-2010, 09:43 PM
The thing is if this is a way for them to "clear their name" well 1) it's to late and 2) this really isn't the way to do it. Coming on with different names, no post history, and no history in the forums talking about how mistakes happen and now things are good but they are going to give it another go just to see...all that really shows is that they are either desperate because word has run rampant about how they handle things or they just have no clue in hell what running a business and good PR tactics are.

Either way it started off with my warning, then there response (I don't care if he says he wasn't with the company he obviously was and so where the other names he made up), the forum noted what both sides said and moved on. Further responses were almost comic entertainment. Now it's just getting to the point of ridiculous, time consuming, and the only real response is to roll our eyes and say oh geez.

Seriously guys if your tactic is to make a better impression then up your payment rates, stop scamming people, and stop creating post after post that only shows the dishonest tactics you know rather than the upstanding tactics you claim to have!

rimhsakara
10-20-2010, 01:49 AM
good thing i found this. i just signed up for the site and was about to get an assignment. but something stopped me. i realized that i should read reviews about it first. i thought that it was easy to get a slot in that site. :confused: good thing i found this. :)

and with Zemandi's reply, i didn't waste my time to read his/her very long explanation. :p

writermomma
10-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Not *accusing* anyone but if it were me, I would wonder if my articles/reviews were published after rejection without payment. *I* would do a google search and see what came up. Maybe nothing but that's just my vibe. I may be a newer content writer but I have been reading people for many years.

I think anyone that NOT associated with the companyhas heeded the original warning and will continue to do so. Thanks, Cabaret. Now if you could just get my husband to stop sending e-mails to people on craigslist that have an 2009 F-150 pick up truck that they just want to sell for $2500 because they won it in the divorce and want to get back at the ex.... ugh!

Lucycat
10-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Fifteen bucks for five hundred words is still at the far low end of the writing pay scale.

VeronicaM
10-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Fifteen bucks for five hundred words is still at the far low end of the writing pay scale.

That's what DS pays.

freelancemama
10-20-2010, 01:01 PM
You know I've had this same problem with Emerging Cast. I wrote some dumb $2 article about making your eyelashes longer. Everytime I submit the article it comes back rejected. Has anyone else had this problem with EC? I am by far the worlds best writer but I do write for DS and have never had any issues with rewrites.

AG1976
10-20-2010, 01:26 PM

As far as the content mills go, it's toward the higher end.

seattlejan
10-20-2010, 01:31 PM
That doesn't make it good pay. :)

chaos
10-20-2010, 02:24 PM
That's what DS pays.

The most common pay rate at DS is $15 with a recommended word count of 400 - 500 words. This is not a requirement, and you can get away with a much lower word count IF you know the style requirements well enough. My how-tos average 250 words and I couldn't tell you the last time I wrote one longer than 300 words.

I write exclusively for LiveStrong which pays $25, so I average about 10 cents a word. A newbie definitely will not be able to achieve this, but it does show the potential for a good word rate at DS.

AG1976
10-20-2010, 03:27 PM
That doesn't make it good pay. :)

Didn't say it was good pay, just stating that there are content mills that pay less.

Lexical
11-29-2010, 11:25 AM
I completely agree with you .I am going through the same UNPROFESSIONAL interactions with them.I have saved every email, put down they have ever sent to me .VERY UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexical
11-29-2010, 11:49 AM
totally agree with you .That's what I am doing right this minute. I just sent them an email afew hours ago warning them I will not remain sitting if they used my reviews that according to them "were well written, but missing some letters and not useable". If that is the case , then they shouldn't be used AT ALL!! It was obviously too much fro Zemandi to send the reviews back to me to correct the mistakes they said I made, but obviously it wouldn't be too much work to have them spun and re- written. DISHONEST, DISHONEST!!!!!!!

I recieved an email back from them in a matter of minutes but simply saved it in my Drafts, because I am pretty sure it is YET another barrage of sarcastic, condescending remarks about me, my so-called writing and grammar skills, etc, blah blah blah. Zemandi got mad at me for wanting to know why after 2 months I could get no response concerning my account that has been stuck at "$1.25 pending " after 2 entire months. Having written 20 reviews that would have brought my possible earnings to $ 23.75. So basically they are implying that I have the right to hold up my end of the bargain, but they don't. This site reminds me of the saying "an Indian-giver". They act as if Zemandi is doing writers/contributors a favour.

I have warned them thatas "crappy' as my writing seems to them or their 'boss' that indeed "the pen is mightier than the sword". People are trying to make a living and here this company is EXPLOITING and at the same time being rude , obnoxious and condescending to its contributors. I will never stop warning people about the site Zemandi. They have brought this on themselves.

* P.s- If there are any incorrectly used words in my wriiing I apologize .I am not perfect and since Zemandi I have lost all confidence in writing the simplest things.They really messed with my self confidence.If you go on there you can see for yourself how many people say the same thing I have said here.

Lexical
11-29-2010, 12:27 PM
I am wondering where I can get some LEGITIMATE writing jobs online. I consider myself a 'newbie' in every sense of the word when compared to others on this site and elsewhere. That doesn't stop me however, from wanting to try.

I really want to get a feel for my personal writing style, learn the difference between article, content, blogging and copy writing.

I also need to know what other avenues I can look into which will help me to be the best writer I can be. Here in my country there are not many academic courses that can be pursued, in writing, apart from University and College courses. I cannot afford to go back to school at this time,so maybe a free writing advice site would be great.

I love writing as a form of expression and I also want to make some money for my efforts.I also want to go on to writing E-books and maybe an autobiography. So much to learn, and I am very excited to learn it ALL.

Please direct me to some of the sites, forums etc.

Thank you!

Courtney Keene
11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Gosh isn't this thread just one big ball of weird!

If you're completely new to the scene, Lexical, TextBroker (TB) is a good place to start. Simple writing (if dry) and the rates are low until you improve your score, but it's someplace to start and it's a good stepping stone.

Lexical
11-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. I will go over to TB right away. At least with the pay structure I have an idea if my work is any good and / or progressing. That's what a real company that is involved in the Content/ writing business would do and encourage, if indeed thay had TRUE love for the art of writing.

Thank you , Courtney!!

sherryy
11-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Gosh isn't this thread just one big ball of weird!

this actually made me bust out laughing -- how true -- and i think i'll have to remember that phrase!

cabaret
11-29-2010, 07:49 PM
*stands up and takes center stage*

I totally apologize for the warning becoming the ball of insanity it has evolved into.

*sits back down*

LOL

Lexical
11-30-2010, 04:22 AM
This all really saddens my heart, and has just brought tears to my eyes. If anyone thinks that the thread and its varying replies are just weird or crazy, imagine working for someone/company and being treated the way myself and countless others are treated after investing time and energy into writing.

It hurts my heart that now I am very distrusting of not only online jobs, but that I have cast my distrust on Americans, I'm sorry but that's how I see it. I apologize right here right now, but I continue to be hurt by people who know nothing about me replying to me attacking who I am as a person.

Yes I did take correspondence to the forum, but that was after 2 emails and waiting for 2 months for a payment that was stuck at a measly $1.25 after 2 whole months and 20 reviews. Where in this world can anyone get away with someone working for a company, then having to run around behind an 'employer' asking to be paid. Only to have the money dwindle after you stand up for your rights. It does not matter how you play it on Zemandi, the site is set up so you NEVER win.Sure some people may have been paid. Guess what ? Myself and countless others haven't been. How could anyone reallly think that any sane person would sit back and wait on money for that long because others ( maybe who have bee paid to post positive comments in the forum) got paid? It is only natural for me to think of myself when it comes to payments. So having 'paid reviewers' pretend to be writers/contributors like myself, trying to convince me I will be paid is another perfect example of the level of underhand tactics and dishonesty.

Of course on the other hand, I will admit that I did get somewhat sarcastic with them in the forum, but after 2 months and no contact after 3 emails over the period of the 2 months PLUS having the review assignments from them stopped within 3 weeks, I'd say it was HUMAN for me to feel the way I did. Even to this day a very tiny part of me questions if I had the right to be mad or to say what I said in the forum. That is a very tiny part, but what that shows ,is Zemandi's ability to shake one's complete confidence with they obnoxious condescending manner.I have NEVER in my life came across a company this blatantly rude and wonder why and how Zemandi continues to exist .

It amazes me that a company would allow 1 (one) single "boss / client to give they company a bad reputation. Again, the lies. If you check the forum you will see that Zemandi has been talking about this 1 (one) client being slow for over 3/4 months now. Why then continue to accept his business ? Are they so desperate for money that 1 (one) person is allowed to hold up a business and payments too? This is complete madness!! It makes me angry to no end and they will not hear the last of me .I will NOT take this sitting down. It makes me wonder if this treatment is being meted out to me because I am not living in America .Maybe that is why I am not a priority when it came to payment.

I just needed to get my angries out , but I will move on from this. Please do not apologize for the warning. When you 'apologized' it made me feel like I was back at square one and alone in this whole Zemandi issue. Please do not remove the thread. It is and will become very neccessary. I searched all over and could not find a forum online about Zemandi's business practices and it made me feel like I was maybe the one being impatient. Trust me there are plenty more out there like myself.

P.s - I am not claiming that Zemandi might not have had valid points about my writing I even admitted to them that I knew I had a challenge particularly with "they, their" . I am sure that it is even evident here. I would never tell one side of the story. I am a VERY fair and honest person.

Courtney Keene
11-30-2010, 06:01 AM
Lexical,

Wherever you're from, it shouldn't matter. You're providing content for the company just the same as anyone else. You deserve to be compensated for it, end of story! Don't feel like you have to justify your claims to us. What said company did was wrong, regardless of where you live.

Don't let them crush your spirit. It's disheartening, certainly, to not only be rejected but treated so poorly on top of it. I wish I could say this won't ever happen again, but it's a reality in the anonymity of the web. Companies think they can get away with robbery and abuse. Fortunately we have forums like this to blacklist them when they try it. :)

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to chat sometime. Maybe I can help you find some other opportunities that will help you along.

ChelseiH
12-19-2010, 12:02 AM
I was searching on Craigslist and found an add for this company. Apparently they're hiring writers again. So, I just wanted to bump this thread in case any writer was searching for them, or had recently applied being unaware of the madness. Have a great day!

shoot001
12-25-2010, 08:29 PM
I have written for the site and so far everything is in place. While we understand that there are those who cannot accept a minimal fee as payment for written articles, there are still others like me who are willing to accept their rates for need of extra income.

Since the start they have been professional in answering all my queries. They have options for writers to post questions through the forum or have them email their company online support directly. I have a few times asked questions through email and they have promptly answered.

Also, I would like to mention that when you go to sites such as freelancer.com, there are numerous writing job offers there of which rates are way much lower than what Zemandi is paying.

It is unfortunate to know of other people's adverse experiences here with the site for with my few months working with them, I have not once seen anything to cause me to complain. The rates after all are presented before signing up. So it is the writer's choice whether to take it or leave it in the first place. I do hope everything has been resolved between both parties by now.

MalloryObKnoxious
12-26-2010, 08:13 AM
I have written for the site and so far everything is in place. While we understand that there are those who cannot accept a minimal fee as payment for written articles, there are still others like me who are willing to accept their rates for need of extra income.

So, which is it? Do you write for the site, or are you part of the 'we' that is the company?

I have no experience with this company to add to this thread, but c'mon. This reads like a third grader writing to the teacher posing as a parent. "Dear Miss Smith. My son did his homework but my little sister put in the garbage. Sincerely, Johnnie's mom."

Lori786
12-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks for letting us know - quite sad to hear stories such as these. Unfortunately, such cases are not rare too. One of the reasons I've stayed away from such sites and have chosen to write for HubPages instead. I don't have to depend on someone paying for my articles. Sure, payment isn't instant at HubPages, but in the long term, you can build a regular stream of passive income and aren't at the mercy of others!!

shoot001
02-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Sorry, maybe my post came out like I was defending Zemandi. Please don't get me wrong. I understand where you're coming from and since I've read this thread I have become cautious about the site knowing what happened to others. I have not discounted the fact that it could happen to me too at anytime. I may just be lucky that things have worked out fine with my account so far.

Previously, I only meant to state the fact that they have been paying me.- that is every Monday whenever I reach the minimum amount of $20. When I don't, whatever amount I've earned below $20 would be carried over to the next week until it would hit the requirement, then they'd credit the money to my Paypal account.

Regarding payment for articles, yes I do agree with everyone here that it is too small for the efforts we put into our work but coming from a third world country and my need for extra income, I was urged to take this opportunity rather than have nothing at all. It has provided some help whenever I need to pay my utility bills.

I've been trying to find other sites that pay more but I've found negative reviews on those being posted. A lot are just scams. Jobs offered at freelancer.com pay even less. I do hope that anyone here could tell me if you know other legitimate sites that pay better as I've tried those mentioned here, like TextBroker however they do not cater to writers outside the U.S.

3D_D3
02-05-2011, 10:49 PM
I immediately hopped over here to let you guys know because this company is all over freelance sites like guru and freelancer. They have ads on craigslist and everywhere else. I just don't want a newbie to get caught up in this! I mean it's one thing for me to do it because in cases like this my friend pays me a small fee for "mystery shopping" so no harm no foul. But for a newbie...this could be the start and finish to an excellent writing career from home.

Hope this helps someone.

I just wanted to say that this has definitely helped me!
I just joined that company from an add on Craig's List, but did a search for bad press before relinquishing my writing to them.
Thank You!!
Hopefully I'll find other "work from home" writing opportunities instead of going their route, but if not, I'm so truly grateful for your words and advise on this matter.
I know my temper would have flared immediately if the same had happened to me.
Thanks Again
3D

Mr.Weevie
03-02-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm an old dude who used to work full time as a writer (training, video scripts, industrials, plays, yadda yadda...) but I drifted into Information Systems and got sucked into being a computer nerd. So, here I am, desperately trying to extract myself from that life and get back to writing. Oh, I journal every day and dabble in playwrighting but I was hoping to find some writing opportunities on the web. Money-making opportunities. I stumbled on Zemandi on Craig's List, I think. At first, when I saw what they were paying, my jaw hit the table. But something about it intrigued me and I thought, what the hell, take an assignment. I was surprised that I didn't have to submit a writing sample or something but...

So I got my first assignment to write a news article on a subject about which I knew nothing. But the gauntlet had been thrown down and I penned my 350 words in 4 paragraphs and in so doing learned way more about the subject of my "news article" than I had known previously. I proofed it and submitted it and almost instantly got a reject email from Zemandi stating that I had plagiarized my article. What I had done was quote (and cite) a source relative to the news item. It took several back and forth emails before I got that straightened out and they realized that I was quoting. You see they have some sort of algorithm that tests strings of characters as to usage on the web. Whatever.

The next day I received a congratulatory email saying that my news article had been accepted by the "client" who sent back the message "great write up!" Plus, I was suddenly elevated from zero status to status 3! And I earned $1.25. That and two more bucks might get me a small beverage at Starbucks. But, I was hooked and so I took another assignment. This one was a very amorphous subject and I really didn't want to do it so I rejected it. You are allowed to reject if you choose. So, I applied for another assignment and this one was about some odd marketing concept. I am not a marketer but I plunged in and wrote my 450 words, 4 paragraphs, with a certain string of words in the title, in the first paragraph and in the last paragraph. It wasn't half bad considering I had no idea what I was writing about. So I submitted.

Next day to my delight, I found an email in my inbox telling me I was $2.25 richer than I had been the day before. But I was bitterly disappointed to learn that my status remained a 3. Then I got an email from Zemandi offering me a shot at a series of 6 to 12 books (as a ghost writer). Ghost Writer! I may be old but I'm not dead yet. I have not yet decided whether to write the sample chapter or not. But I digress...

The moral of my Zemandi story is that tho' I shall never be made rich from my Zemandi earnings, I have enjoyed having the opportunity to write. I enjoyed having to learn subjects about which I previously knew nothing. I liked being on deadline. Oh yeah, the 2nd piece I wrote had a 5 hour completion time. So, evil tho' they may be and certainly cheap as they definitely are, they also may serve as a tickler to get one's thoughts rolling.

I found and joined this forum because I, too, wanted to know if there were any dark secrets about Zemandi. I don't think there are dark secrets. I think they are who they are, yet another low-paying employer.

So, in closing, I would also like to add that it concerned me greatly that there were folks on this forum discouraged by rejection. Newbie or oldster, as a writer, you have to get used to rejection. I could fill a steamer trunk with my rejection letters. OK, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration. A file box might be more accurate. So, the second moral of my story is, grow a thick skin, believe in yourself and never, never let them stop you from writing.

Hoping2
03-02-2011, 06:53 PM
:rolleyes:

AG1976
03-03-2011, 05:57 AM
I love how this thread sporadically gets bumped by Zemandi-supporters who have 1 post!

$1.25 for 350 words? That's one of the lowest rates I've ever seen.

Syn R.
03-03-2011, 06:16 AM
I don't think that last guy was a supporter.

He took a few humorous pot shots at them and said they first accused him of plagiarism.

Anyway, I thought he was funny.

Mr.Weevie
03-03-2011, 07:05 PM
For heaven's sake! I've gotten myself immersed in the Zemandi controversy! If the verbosity of my 1st post was construed as Zemandi Supporting, I guess I'm a pretty lousy writer after all and I should hang up my quill. Let me make it very clear to all the WAHM's out there that I said in my post that my jaw hit the table (or something to that effect) when I saw the absurd rates the Evil Empire of Zemandi were paying. I went on to state that writing for $1.25 was only beneficial in that it forced me to write. I love to write, but I'm a lazy writer. But the two loopy bits that I wrote for Zemandi I was able to use as "writing samples of web content" for another writing job that I've applied for. So, maybe, and I truly mean "maybe", someday, I will rack up the $20 total that will force Zemandi to pay me what I'm due but in the meantime, I've got some clever, topical articles that I can use to further my writing in other directions. That's certainly worth a dollar and a quarter in my book.

So, as I continue my 2nd post, I will tell you the most recent installment in my Zemandi saga. I mentioned in my previous post that they offered me a "ghost writer" gig. Six to fifteen (or more) short novels for children of 30,000 words each. Guess how much the lucky writer gets per book? $300.00! Note where the decimal point is. But guess what? I intend to write the first sample chapter because it would be good for me to do it. Who cares about Zemandi? I could end up with a great idea that I can run with. And worse case scenario, I have another unique writing sample -- and something unlike anything else I have in my portfolio.

I will close my post by thanking you all for reading my nonsense and if I have caused offense, none was intended. I also would like to say that I joined in this lively forum ONLY because of the Zemandi controversy and I really didn't pay that much attention to your website itself. Only after finally submitting my 1st post did I realize that WAHM didn't mean Work At Home Methods. Having had a Work at home Mom myself I should have known better. I only hope I'm not erroneously construed as a female impersonator. I think I should stop writing now...

Rhyahcf
03-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Every time I see this thread pop back up it's like a bad car accident. I know I shouldn't look, but I just can't help it.

Hoping2
03-04-2011, 12:35 PM
I know, it's pretty interesting to read. I love how they always throw in plenty of criticism among the praise to make it seem like a real review. It's actually pretty well done. Hats off. The only problem is that the "criticisms" are so well written that you can immediately tell that these aren't buck-an-article writers. One of them was impeccably written...by someone who claimed to live in a "third-world country" and therefore happy to take the money. Nice touch, but a little off.

Z- in the future, throw in some errors and talk about how you wish you had more language education but that you're happy to have Z to take you on anyway. Maybe play up the sob story aspect in order to make it just a shade more realistic. Maybe you could have a running theme of sad stories that are each made better with Zemandi work? I would tune in more often to read something like that. Maybe each one could have a cliffhanger ending to make them more compelling.

Mr.Weevie
03-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Before I even start writing this, I think I ought not do so.

I believe I am totally misunderstood by some of my fellow posters here at WAHM. I have been confused, it seems, with the insidious creeps who run Zemandi.com. (I'm using harsh rhetoric here to make sure everyone understands that I am not one of that lousy, crummy, cheating bunch of defrauding swindlers at Zemandi.)

Are we clear now?

So, I will not mention the nefarious "Z" word again, lest I suffer the slings and arrows of the WAHM's. But, I like to be able to write in a post and feel like part of the community, even if my opinions are not exactly the same as EVERYONE else's in the forum. If just writing honestly about my experiences is taboo, you senior folks let me know and I will shuffle off my writing coil to some other URL.

awolfendon
03-21-2011, 01:51 PM
I got suckered in to checking out Zemandi today, following their post on CL, which read:

Paid per piece. Paid weekly through paypal

$0.05 to $0.35 per word – depends on client and quality of writing

I then find out that their rates are not even close to these posted rates of 5 cents to 35 cents a word. That's outright fraud, Z-people!

mocha
04-08-2011, 01:40 PM
This thread is crazy, I saw their ad on craigslist and decided to follow up on them. The rates on the website is no where near the rates advertised in the job listing.

darthdusty
04-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Never trust a site that has a logo that looks like it was designed by a five year old.

lululovley1983
04-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Okay this is a very low paying company but that isn't the problem. A friend of mine does a self induced mystery shopping for companies that appear on freelancing sites and craigslist. Anyway, she called me yesterday and wanted me to help her test this one. She had herself and 6 referrals in line and all had had the same issue. She wouldn't tell me the issue until I completed an assignment. It didn't take long to sign up. No request for sample content or anything. You just login to their site, which they list on the over abundance of ads they have on freelance sites, and sign up. It took five minutes to be "hired". You can do blogs, reviews, or content. 300 words and up. Content is $1 for 300 words (yeah I know scary right?) and $1.25 for 350 word reviews. Believe me you don't want to know the rest of the prices. Anyway I took an assignment and did it. It took maybe 10 minutes to do the review. It was rejected.....4 times. The first time they said there were not enough words. Well my word count showed 360 so I thought maybe just maybe their counter is different so I added 20 words or so. Then it was rejected due to not enough paragraphs. The require 4 paragraphs. I went in and sure enough I had done 5 paragraphs. I put it into 4 paragraphs and sent it back. The third rejection was a grammar issue. Not mine...there's. I used the word "in" as in Blah blah State Park located *in* bleh bleh state. They said that they wanted the word *in* taken out not only in the title but in all repeats of the phrase. I did it and sent it back. I got the final rejection that said "We have decided not to accept your article. Thank you and please take another assignment."

Now keep in mind from signing up to the final rejection less than 3 hours had passed. I would send in the article, flip to my email, hit check mail, and the rejection was already there. Not enough time to read the article at all. It was almost back to back. I called my friend and told her what happened. She started laughing. They did this to her and all six of her referrals. Within a 5 hour time span all of them had signed up, done the articles, been rejected 2-5 times, and then a final rejection was sent.

I immediately hopped over here to let you guys know becuase this company is all over freelance sites like guru and freelancer. They have ads on craigslist and everywhere else. I just don't want a newbie to get caught up in this! I mean it's one thing for me to do it because in cases like this my friend pays me a small fee for "mystery shopping" so no harm no foul. But for a newbie...this could be the start and finish to an excellent writing career from home.

Hope this helps someone.

Has any one ever heard of cloud crowd?

gatitosmommy
04-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Has any one ever heard of cloud crowd?

it seems to be quite popular with many people here

foxytowgrl
04-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Yup I am going to defend ZEMANDI
Ok first off I am relatively new to the work at home scene. I have only been doing it about 2 years and am quite busy as a freelance writer, but would love to make more money,of course. But need I remind you guys that those who are starting out in the freelance writing field do not have many REAL resources to get them started?

ODESK average pay .50 to $1.00 for 500 words and if you have no feedback forget getting any work at all

Freelancer even lower pay scale then odesk and also no feedback no work

hmmmm seems to be the same for every single company out there as far as starting pay and work except ONE, Zemandi.

No the truth is I average about $5 to $10 per page and have more work then I can currently handle, but when I need work to fill a gap here and there I work for Zemandi.
I have never once had a article rejected by Zemandi! Not from day one! Not ever!
I have had a few requests for revision and I have screwed up word count or paragraph count but that was fast easy fixes.
If I request work I receive it within minutes and I have never ever had an issue with payment. As a matter of fact an emergency forced me to request my pay early and they sent it to me right away!
I have written crap review articles for $1.50 as well as real articles for $15.00 for Zemandi. It really just depends on what they need.
The work is always different and rarely boring and if it is you can reject the assignment and just grab a different one. The choice is yours.
For me it took 1 day to start receiving the higher paid work and as you can see from this my punctuations skills are not exactly great. LOL
Oh yea and pay, Zemandi pays every Monday without fail.

Let's look at the pros here

Zemandi offers as much work as you WANT to do and the choice of what assignments you take
Zemandi gives newbies a place to start and helps them to polish their skills so they can actually make a couple of dollars
The folks at support are friendly and very willing to explain any problems and help you to understand any mistakes you may make.
Zemandi is willing to work with you if there is an emergency and the real people on the help desk actually help even if your trouble is not related to work or the site
Zemandi takes GOOD suggestions for improvement and incorporates them
Zemandi answers email within minutes and are perfectly willing to say I don't know the answer let me see if I can find out for you.

Ok now the cons

Zemandi only pays you if the client pays them. Some clients pay slow grrrr
Pay scale is low although it is higher then a lot of others I have seen

Now for proof just toss me an email and I will be more then happy to show you my pay pal entries where Zemandi has paid me or help you to get started there so you can have a back up for those nasty dry spells
Bottom Line
For what it is Zemandi does what it should as advertised. The work is simple and easy. These articles do not need to be masterpieces they are often filler. Consider this the average Zemandi article of 400 words takes me 10 minutes to complete and I can ask for as many as I want per day. Yes I only make an average of $5 per page but at $5 every 10 minutes I am sitting on my butt in my living room making more per hour then my hardworking hubby and I have the freedom to play with my grandson whenever I want to!!!!

cabaret
04-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Another one poster and this is what you choose to post on. Hmmm... Every few months/weeks this comes up. Here's a clue Zemandi. If you want THIS thread to stop showing up as the FIRST thing when someone puts in your name STOP POSTING TO IT!!!!! Your are just renewing it. That's all you're doing. Most people looking for jobs or info about companies do what I do and others do. We type it into Google and then change the search specifications to be one month or one week or past 24 hours. Every time you post you are renewing the thread and moving it to that search criteria. So, anyone who looks and narrows the search down gets this thread showing how crazy you people are. They see the low pay and the complaints and run!!!! So just stop it. You are not helping yourself with having new posters pop on and post good news or semi good news about your company.

Stop the madness....

foxytowgrl
04-22-2011, 09:26 AM
I am NOT Zemandi!! My name is Nichoel Farley and I have worked for many different companies including TB and found the pay at Z is about average for newbies. I have NEVER seen their ad on Craigslist (mainly because the 5 times I answered an Craigslist ad I got screwed so I stopped looking) Z is what it is and honestly if you were rejected by them it does not say much for you now does it. Even crap work is accepted! Again I write for Z when I need to pad my pay for the week and when I have time. I rarely have time to wander around the forums as I am a popular content writer so usually too busy to do so.
I would love to make more then $5 a page but have found that at $5 a page I can make as much as I want while at higher paying sites the work trickles in.
As for Z, they clearly state on their site how they pay and what they pay. Folks on the forum there can be jerks but the support staff is not. (or I have never found them so)
I wrote a grand total of 3 reviews for Z the reviews are for testing purposes. If you pass the test you do not ever have to look at another review again for them.
anyone who does not believe I am real or would like to see an article I wrote for Z or my paypal info on Z just toss me an email at foxytowgrl11@yahoo.com I will be happy to show proof where others do not seem to be so.
writers get rejected!! If you have never been rejected then you are NOT a writer. If Z rejected you then you have a serious problem
oh and PS you can click the button to NOT sell your work at the bulk reject rate of 30 cents and are welcome to sell rejected work elsewhere if you want.
Z offers payment while you gain experience who else does that??????

AG1976
04-22-2011, 09:30 AM
"Pay scale is low although it is higher then a lot of others I have seen"

Now that's a scary thought.

"Z offers payment while you gain experience who else does that??????"

Every legitimate content site on the web?

This is the thread that never dies!

foxytowgrl
04-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Right!! I was bored while waiting for a client to send me a keyword report so wandered in here. It has been weeks if not months since I had a minute to just surf LOL and I must say I am entertained. I joined this site ...oh a while back but never got around to looking at it.
I am very interested if anyone has a place similar to Z where you can work as much as you want, when you want and make more. I am tired of $5 articles but.... It IS better then $0 and does allow me to raise my grandchild.
I started writing as a way to earn extra money for treats. These low paying articles are reliably paying ALL my bills now but I have to say it took more then a month for me to get my first gig on ODESK and other sites like it so Z with its immediate response helps newbies. Bottom line. Period!

foxytowgrl
04-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Oh and Caberet, a good review posts both pros and cons even when you have to really hunt for one or the other. Your original post was not a review it was a slam/flame, unfair to you and the company you reviewed as it showed a total lack of ethics.
I find that the net is loaded with crap already why add to it?

foxytowgrl
04-22-2011, 09:56 AM
oh and every site on the web does NOT pay while you learn, not from word one at any rate.
Again when I started I signed up at about 20 sites and applied for hundreds if not thousands of jobs before I was hired (odesk at a penny a word) and started getting feedback. I did not make dime one for the first 6 weeks. I would have loved to have found Zemandi back then.
Now I am so busy I rarely have the time to write for them but when I do it is not because I went to the site to ask for an assignment it is because support sent a personal email to me asking for help clearing a backlog. They are that busy.
Zemandi is good for beginners to make a couple of dollars while they learn the ropes about keywords, different styles and get feedback from other companies. Zemandi is good to explore strange new topics and learn to do web research.
Low pay? yes
problems getting the review guy to pay? yes
higher paying jobs and as much work as you can handle? yes
reliable payments with choices of what assignments you want to take? yes
super long deadlines for those who are "slow"? yes
helpful support staff? yes
sarcastic pain in the butt guy on the forums? sometimes LOL
reliable work for those from other countries? yes

writermomma
04-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I love this thread! It is like my comic relief for the day :D

Come on foxtowgrl, post again! I could use another laugh! :rolleyes:

Hoping2
04-22-2011, 11:13 AM
In the miniseries, I'd kind of like to see Will Ferrell as a Zemandi exec toiling away behind the scenes, always trying to find new and innovative ways to market Zemandi online. The "many" posters could be played by Clint Howard. I've always liked Clint Howard.

CJWrite
04-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Dear God...This thread will NEVER end...

People keep posting and posting and posting.....

It's been going for almost a year, now!!

Katlara
04-22-2011, 11:52 AM
I know! It's funny.

CJWrite
04-22-2011, 12:39 PM
I know! It's funny.

That it is! Every time I see this thread pop back up, I cringe. It's like driving by a bad car accident, though. I don't wanna look, but I just can't help myself...

cabaret
04-22-2011, 12:43 PM
It wasn't a review...It was a WARNING hence the title "Zemandi Warning"

I just had to respond to that. I think the rest of the posts speak for themselves.

writermomma
04-22-2011, 12:45 PM
In the miniseries, I'd kind of like to see Will Ferrell as a Zemandi exec toiling away behind the scenes, always trying to find new and innovative ways to market Zemandi online. The "many" posters could be played by Clint Howard. I've always liked Clint Howard.

ooh, ooh! And that red headed girl from "American Pie" could play one of the posters ... "This one time... at Zemandi..." ROTFL !!

:D

cabaret
04-22-2011, 12:56 PM
WriterMomma,

You made me spit my coffee. Hahaa

writermomma
04-22-2011, 01:38 PM
WriterMomma,

You made me spit my coffee. Hahaa

Yes!

*pumps arm in the air*

:D

AG1976
04-22-2011, 03:30 PM

OMG, that is hysterical!!!

"oh and every site on the web does NOT pay while you learn, not from word one at any rate."

Um, anyone can sign up for Textbroker, Word Gigs, Merchant Circle, and similar sites that give you all of the guidelines you need. You don't have to be experienced to write for these places, and they ALL pay more than Zemandi's crap starting wages.

cabaret
04-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Well, my question is if you are soooooo busy that you can barely find time to surf the net or even write for Zemandi in the first place then why are you writing for them? You obviously, from being so busy, know where to go to get the work and find the jobs. You obviously know how to keep the money coming in. Unless you are located in an area where Zemandi's payments DO equal high money (India and other overseas countries) then you should know that Zemandi's fees are not higher than most at all. I'd also like to point out that you mention that Zemandi will approve "crap" writing. I do hope this thread keeps going for the sole purpose of clients buying content viewing it. Frankly, I started this as a warning to writers. With the fact that you point out that they will approve "crap" that just makes me all the happier. That means that clients using their services will know not only do they not pay the writers well but that they will get "crap" for content rather than well written content.

foxytowgrl
04-23-2011, 06:51 AM
ok this will be my last post as I really am that busy(and i detest text brokers as they were incredibly nasty to me the 5 times i wrote for them and no actual help when i was starting out) but
um..at this point zemandi pays me between $10 per page and $25 per page at about 500 words. They work under a tier system. The higher the tier the more you make. Tier one pays like $1.00 for those crap reviews I am at tier 5. I am hoping to hit tier 6 but I have other clients and generally do complete websites not articles so.....
Only reason I remembered your existence at all was I just got a new puter and ended up losing my bookmarks so I had to search Z but you will be happy to know this thread made number 2 on yahoo LOL

SpeedyTurtle09
04-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Right!! I was bored while waiting for a client to send me a keyword report so wandered in here. It has been weeks if not months since I had a minute to just surf LOL and I must say I am entertained. I joined this site ...oh a while back but never got around to looking at it.
I am very interested if anyone has a place similar to Z where you can work as much as you want, when you want and make more. I am tired of $5 articles but.... It IS better then $0 and does allow me to raise my grandchild.
I started writing as a way to earn extra money for treats. These low paying articles are reliably paying ALL my bills now but I have to say it took more then a month for me to get my first gig on ODESK and other sites like it so Z with its immediate response helps newbies. Bottom line. Period!

First, I know nothing about Z. Never heard of it until these boards. I think I will take the other ladies' word for it.

As for your question about other places where you can write as much as you want and make more. About 4 dozen. And, they all pay better too. $5 is not good. You claim to be a popular content writer. If you were in demand, you would be making more than $5 an article. Period.

I always hear, "it is better than zero." Well of course, But, really, $5 isn't doing much to keep the lights on when there are tons of sites out there paying $10 to $25 per article. Then, there are private clients. All you have to do is scan this board right here to find these sites. Most have an application process, but again, if you are a popular content writer, you should have no issues being accepted. Heck, you should already know about these sites.

Why write for $5 when you can write for $10, $20, $40, $60 or more?

SpeedyTurtle09
04-23-2011, 11:24 AM
I love this thread! It is like my comic relief for the day :D

Come on foxtowgrl, post again! I could use another laugh! :rolleyes:

Where is that "Like" button?

Lazy Gardens
04-29-2011, 06:18 PM
I did it and sent it back. I got the final rejection that said "We have decided not to accept your article. Thank you and please take another assignment."

Now keep in mind from signing up to the final rejection less than 3 hours had passed. I would send in the article, flip to my email, hit check mail, and the rejection was already there. Not enough time to read the article at all.

Has anyone searched for their "rejected" articles on the Internet? Found any?

A fairly common scam is to ask for samples or just reject submissions, then sell it to the client anyway.

bplayfui
04-29-2011, 08:33 PM
ok this will be my last post as I really am that busy(and i detest text brokers as they were incredibly nasty to me the 5 times i wrote for them and no actual help when i was starting out) but
um..at this point zemandi pays me between $10 per page and $25 per page at about 500 words. They work under a tier system. The higher the tier the more you make. Tier one pays like $1.00 for those crap reviews I am at tier 5. I am hoping to hit tier 6 but I have other clients and generally do complete websites not articles so.....
Only reason I remembered your existence at all was I just got a new puter and ended up losing my bookmarks so I had to search Z but you will be happy to know this thread made number 2 on yahoo LOL

I'm a newbie here but I just have to respond to this. In an earlier post you very clearly stated you were writing $5 articles. Now you're claiming between $10 and $25. Can we say "contradiction" people?

As a newbie, I believe I have an extremely objective POV about this forum and I can honestly say that I have been avidly reading threads for the past two days and never once have I seen anyone flaming a content or a writer...until this thread. Oddly enough, all the negative and just down-right rude posts have been from Zemandi supporters. Maybe these posters really are writers, maybe they're Zemandi. I don't know and don't care because it's obvious to me that a company that supports this kind of nastiness is not a company I care to work for.

Finally I'd like to once again thank all the writers who take time to help out a new writer like myself. I've seen in post after post how supportive you all are and how you all really look out for each other and I am so happy to have found this site! I really look forward to getting to know all of you through the forum :)

PS - I agree with PP - I can totally see Will Ferrell playing Zemandi. He could just wear his costumes from "Zoolander." It's so perfect!

Sudee
05-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Hello, I'm new to this, but as I was looking up Zemandi I came across your site. I don't consider myself a great writer, but teachers and college professors alike always told me I should write. I came across the Zemandi site and thought I'd give it a whirl. You that gave it a try aren't alone. I submitted five "news reports" everyone was rejected for about the same reasons. It wasn't the money I was looking for, but a chance to write. I don't mind the rejections, that comes with writing, but to rewrite to their specifications then have it rejected again put me off. I think they are looking for cheap labor and that's it.

Hoping2
05-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

mtgywriter
05-31-2011, 12:16 PM
You'll squirm, you'll scream, then you will go to a place you never wanted to go....

Coming soon to a theater near you....

THE THREAD THAT WOULDN'T DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chaos
05-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Yet another 1-post account from the same Zemandi shill. This one wasn't bad, although the "proud grandmother of ten" part on his bio was a bit much.

anng
05-31-2011, 12:52 PM
And here's what I figured would happen after no one dared mentioned the word "Zemandi" in the weird weekend post about disabled writers. Since no one bit there, they bought it back up here.

bplayfui
05-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Is there any way to ask the moderator to delete the thread? If not, I vote that from now on when they come on and necro this thread we just put our hands over our eyes and ignore it.

Jonelle
05-31-2011, 04:53 PM
I have to admit, I burst out laughing every time I see a post on this Rasputin-like thread. :D

AG1976
05-31-2011, 06:29 PM
I laugh too, thinking of Will Ferrell as the Zemandi exec!!!!

CJWrite
06-02-2011, 08:48 AM
You'll squirm, you'll scream, then you will go to a place you never wanted to go....

Coming soon to a theater near you....

THE THREAD THAT WOULDN'T DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow. I came back from being gone for to days, and.....

IT'S BACK!!!

So many cheesy movie lines are running through my head right now...

writermomma
06-02-2011, 02:49 PM
So many cheesy movie lines are running through my head right now...

Funny - I am starting to get annoyed and this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs&feature=comedy)is running through my head :rolleyes:

Warning: It *is* an R-rated song - consider yourself warned :)

VintageMama
06-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Funny - I am starting to get annoyed and this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs&feature=comedy)is running through my head :rolleyes:

Warning: It *is* an R-rated song - consider yourself warned :)

LOL Love that song!

freelance lance
06-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Sorry for helping with the necromancy, but people might be constantly signing up and resurrecting this thread because it turns up as the first result on Google for "zemandi", even before the website itself.

Mister Mom
06-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi - I'm a newbie on this site. I was led to it because of an ad on Craigslist for Zemandi that set off my scam alert. Your posts regarding Zemandi were more than enough to convince me to not waste my time with them.

I've been writing for the past year for mostly one client, but they have no more work for me.Would you be so kind and let me know who/what TB, BS, IB are? I'm looking for new outlets for my writing and if you're using them I'll assume they're legit. thanks from Mister Mom.

Ccook
06-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi - I'm a newbie on this site. I was led to it because of an ad on Craigslist for Zemandi that set off my scam alert. Your posts regarding Zemandi were more than enough to convince me to not waste my time with them.

I've been writing for the past year for mostly one client, but they have no more work for me.Would you be so kind and let me know who/what TB, BS, IB are? I'm looking for new outlets for my writing and if you're using them I'll assume they're legit. thanks from Mister Mom.

TextBroker, Break Studio, Internet Brands.

There's an abbreviation thread stickied at the top of the board! :)

sherryy
06-05-2011, 04:06 PM
There are plenty of posts to fill you in on the details of these three and more -- but

TB is Textbroker -- a good site for anyone to start
IB is Internet Brands -- they're going through a transition and there are varying amounts of articles depending on the channel you're approved for
BS is Break Studios -- according to recent posts, they may not be hiring right now

DS is Demand Studios -- we all seem to have a love/hate relationship with them -- you'll find plenty of posts about it

WG is WiseGeek -- great people to work with but hard to get into

CatboyDemyx
06-20-2011, 01:40 AM
I just recently joined Zemnadi and thus-far have had no problems with it. I sent in one article and got a reply telling me that it would be reviewed by tomorrow, and if it was taken, then I would get paid. It wasn't my best possible work ever, so if they use it without paying me then I don't really care, but it took until now for me to even think that it may be wise to look into a site that I am giving my works to. Whether for exploitation or not, they have provided me with topics that I was able to research and write a little. (Granted, writing three articles on the MIddle East and four on Real Estate in the US was very annoying, though none are complete enough for submission.) One submission was all it took for me, there was no revision needed as far as it told me. I'm still curious to see what's going to happen, but for now, I think I'll look into those sites that pay well. I'm trying to afford a plane ticket and any income that helps me get closer to my goal is better than nothing. :cool:

AG1976
06-20-2011, 04:24 AM
Oh, this thread! You just gotta love it.

anng
06-20-2011, 04:29 AM
Oh, this thread! You just gotta love it.

As soon as I saw it back up, I had images of "Don't feed the trolls" signs popping up in my head. But I especially loved this last post with the "I don't care if I get paid or not."

cabaret
06-20-2011, 07:25 AM
I knew I should have had coffee before checking the forum this morning.

CatboyDemyx
06-20-2011, 08:31 AM
As soon as I saw it back up, I had images of "Don't feed the trolls" signs popping up in my head. But I especially loved this last post with the "I don't care if I get paid or not."

Yeah. Cause I don't care. I was on craigslist looking for stuff to do and searched for writing. Z came up, so I clicked it. I wasn't expecting a /job/ I was expecting something /to do./

Wanna write me off as fake? That's all well and good, but feel free to look up my email address on Pipl. Kinda hard to fake almost five years of online history.

Now as I was saying in my previous post, Z said they'd have my article reviewed and have me a response in 24 hours. It's been about...ten hours. Twelve. SOmething like that. So by tonight if I don't have my response then I can write the site off as blasphemy too, but until then I'm not going to blindly follow the original poster.

And also, I just /know/ cabaret is gonna go "oh look, another one-post person" so before she/he gets back up on his/her high-horse, lemme say this: I hadn't gotten any other responses for zemandi, so I googled it and the FIRST THING on the page is not even the website. It's this forum. And since you keep proclaiming that every single person with only one post is fake, lemme add this: New members tend to join forums for a reason. They tend to have something that draws them in. Every person(or at least a good deal of them) that you've written off as being fake is someone who clearly googled Z and found this thread and because they WANTED TO COMMENT ON IT, they joined. Just because they don't blinly follow your "leadership" does not mean that they are a fake account. It means that they are someone who is genuinly curious/sincere about what they have to say.

Want more proof? Go ahead. Make my day. I can take a photo and have it up here in seconds. And we could tango with the whole one-post thing all day, but I joined at 4AM and did not plan to sit here and post on other topics until I was wide awake. I made my post here, then went to bed. The post would have been sooner, but I didn't get the confirmation email for almost an hour.

And now that I look at it, this is kind of funny: you sat here and called someone a fake. You said Z had created them just for the sole purpose of posting on this thread but...they joined TWO YEARS before you posted this. So if Z created them, they must have some good hacking skills or something to be able to fake a join date.

All you are, is a bully. You sit here and post accusations that you have no proof of, and anyone that doesn't instantly agree with your point is clearly a fake. If they praise Z in any way at all, you call them fake and say Z created them "because they only have one post!" But what you're really doing is trying to boss people around so that you look good. It doesn't make you look good. It makes you look like a bully. Because all you do is tell people who don't agree with you that they're fake, and you've made everyone else agree with you.

I don't care how "respectable" or how "valuable" you are as a member of this forum. Bottom line, what you did in this thread is convince people that Z was a bad place, but you have no proof, and neither do they because none of them actually tried it. (Well, some did, but clearly because you say so, those people are fake.)

All the people who sit here and yell at the "trolls" are people who have stated "I was going to try it" not "I tried it" they said "I was going to try it, but because you posted this I wont."

Let me see a testimony from someone who agreed with you, and clearly I'll have to get your approval on this one, cabaret, cause anyone that you don't deem as real just won't do for a testimony, and then I'll agree with you.

Or better yet, when/if I get a reasponse from Z today, I'll come back and tell you what I learnedabout Z.

And on a closing note: someone here posted "what if they use the articles anyways" and instantly multiple people posted saying they had written the company strongly-worded emails about how they shouldn't use the articles and blahblahblah. INteresting. The second someone mentions it being a possiblilty, no one actually googles their old articles, no one looks for them anywhere, but they instantly assume that because someone said it, it must be true. Clearly this is how this forum is run. By Word Of Mouth. It's worse than elementary school in here. For being people who are supposedly stay at home moms and are supposed to be "mature" you all act very childishly and spread rumors like the common cold.

Show me proof of ANY accusation that was made here on this thread, and I will gladly revoke my previous statements and apologize. But I want feasible proof first.

anonemoose
06-20-2011, 09:12 AM
At this point, who cares?

CatboyDemyx
06-20-2011, 09:21 AM
At this point, who cares?

(I love your name)

I guess you could be right, but the simple fact that I posted a reply on my own thoughts about Z[so far] and pretty much got...not put down about it, but you know what I mean. Brushed off like the dirt you get on your pants when you sit down on the ground? That kind of thing. It pissed me off. I'm not a fake, and if I am it's some pretty extreme news to me, and I dislike being treated like I am. I had my opinion of Z at this point in time, and I will later, but I also had my opinions of the way cabaret sat here and automatically proclaimed everything that he/she did and everyone went along with it, blindly trusting this person just because they've known him/her on this forum for some time.

Not to call the people who blindly followed him/her idiots but...well. The proof is in the pudding.

writermomma
06-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Could some admin person PLEASE close this thread?! :mad:

As much as I LOVE making fun of these fake writers/Zemandi people, I am sooooo annoyed with them coming on to our nice little site and calling us names in order to make themselves look good.

Yea... I AM going to trust Cabaret over some one-post wonder!! Go figure! :rolleyes:

Not to mention, I will hear, "This one time.. at Zemandi..." in my head ALL day!! LMAO

mtgywriter
06-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Could some admin person PLEASE close this thread?! :mad:

As much as I LOVE making fun of these fake writers/Zemandi people, I am sooooo annoyed with them coming on to our nice little site and calling us names in order to make themselves look good.

Yea... I AM going to trust Cabaret over some one-post wonder!! Go figure! :rolleyes:

Not to mention, I will hear, "This one time.. at Zemandi..." in my head ALL day!! LMAO

I agree. This farce is well past due for retirement. Can we please just delete the whole shebang?

jeangrey
06-20-2011, 11:16 AM
I reported the thread, so hopefully that gets a mod/admin's attention.

Rya1
06-20-2011, 11:24 AM
I am locking this thread. I did not want to delete it as the original post in the thread has value to it for anyone that is searching for information on this company.