WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Avon purchased Silpada

successsweet
07-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Just received an email that said Avon purchased Silpada!

missyroth
07-12-2010, 12:25 PM
- FOXBusiness.com (http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/avon-purchase-jewelry-silpada-m/)

an article about it

4tori
07-12-2010, 12:28 PM
oh funny there's another thread going on in Avon right now.

SilverStarlet
07-12-2010, 12:44 PM
No big deal in this merger... it's just the business of business. Silpada has been a very closely-held family business since 1997. It was only a matter of time before Bonnie, Teresa & Jerry decided that they wanted to take their hands off the wheel and start to ENJOY the rewards of their success. They've done a great job getting the company to this point and, like any successful business, have top notch corporate people in place to run the company.

Knowing Jerry's attention to detail (I used to be a top national rep at Silpada and know him personally.) and his vast knowledge of the DS business, you can bet that he has done his due diligence to make sure that this is a favorable move for the owners financially and the company as a whole.

Congrats to you Jerry, B & T... cheers on your big step toward enjoying the fruits of your labor! :)

cabimom
07-12-2010, 01:07 PM
I would say there are bound to be changes in the company. Nothing ever stays the same when someone buys them out, even if the same people are running it.

BusyBee
07-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Very interesting! Will Bonnie, Teresa & Jerry still run the company? If not, who is going to design B&T collections every year?

scbutterbeans
07-12-2010, 01:41 PM
I just read this on Silpada Design News: Silpada Designs News (http://silpadanews.com/)

I have several friends that are consultants with Silpada and wish them continued success with their businesses!!! Hopefully whatever this transition means will be a positive one ;)

DebraFerrie
07-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm sure it'll be a good thing for all involved. Avon is a multi billion dollar business so with them acquring Silpada, it can only be a good thing. I've been with Avon since 2003 and I love Silpada jewelry( I am a silver person). Both GREAT companies!

PassionMedic
07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
I think one article said that Avon purchased Silpada for $650 million. I would say that is a windfall for the previous owners! Could you imagine starting a company, building it from the ground up and making that kind of money from a sale? I say good for them! They will certainly enjoy the fruits of their labor!

cabimom
07-12-2010, 05:51 PM
I compare it to when Tupperware bought out BeautiControl Cosmetics. The companies stayed separate, but there were definitely some changes in BC, albeit good ones! Found that out from my friend who was with BC a year or so ago.

lacandlegirl
07-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Oh wow.....I wonder if the HQ will stay here in Kansas? If not that's a huge job loss for many here. :( I was able to see the HQ and it's really, really nice.

Laura

SilverGirlJen
07-12-2010, 10:38 PM
From our Silpada website announcement: silpadanews.com
"As Silpada’s Co-founders, we will continue to lead the company along with our existing management team. We are not retiring; we are not leaving the company. We plan to continue to operate Silpada as we always have; with passion, commitment and integrity. And we will continue to do what we believe is best for our representatives, our brand, our culture, our employees, and our customers.

Silpada will be managed independently as a stand-alone company and brand and will maintain its local and international headquarters in its existing locations."

I heard them on a call this morning and I am embracing the business deal and excited to see what lies ahead for me and my Silpada sisters!!

silvergirljen @ gmail

lacandlegirl
07-12-2010, 11:07 PM
That's great news! Thanks for posting.

kbeeson
07-14-2010, 03:18 PM
I was a Rep with Silpada for almost five years - just this month switched to Morgan Dane - and I'm sure Bonnie, Theresa and Jerry would only make a decision that was beneficial for everyone. They have to keep growing!

silver suz
07-24-2010, 06:01 PM
I was a Star Leader with Silpada before switching companies and my guess is that Bonnie, Teresa & Jerry are hoping to expand to new countries with Silpada and look to Avon to help facilitate that goal. It doesn't help the consultant as they cannot cross recruit but it will build the brand internationally. Also, I am sure it is nice to have a big "pay day" after years of building Silpada. Good for them for living and creating the American dream.

blingslinger
07-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Andrea Jung, Avon's CEO, spoke on Friday at our National Conference. She is an amazing woman. The acquisition of Silpada by Avon is a very positive thing! Avon is sold in over 100 countries and I am confident that Silpada will be an international business in the near future. B & T and Jerry are still the big "bosses" and that is not going to change! It's an exciting chapter in Silpada history : )

Oh...and FYI...NEW JEWELRY is out and it is absolutely stunning!!!! LOL! :D

cabimom
08-02-2010, 11:00 AM
I saw the new jewelry catalog, it really is nice. Some of the old stand by pieces that have been around awhile, but the new designs are very pretty and with some being a little more delicate and some larger pieces too. I like that. The catalog layout is beautiful! :)