WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

barefootprairie
07-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey,

I'm interested in doing cash and carry events with my company but I'm having a lot of trouble finding any! I'm in Cedar Rapids, Iowa - I know there are shopping events around Christmas time but I can't seem to find them to sign up as a vendor. Does anyone have any tips for finding these types of events?

Thank you!

Sarah

christyvw2004
07-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Have you tried looking for local fairs? festivals? You might also want to check with your city/local business association. I am doing a local fair this month and a one day festival event next month--keep looking. Good luck

noehlp
08-26-2010, 11:33 PM
I would definitely check into the downtown Cedar Rapids Farmer's Market.
Here's their website: Farmers' Market - Cedar Rapids Downtown District, Iowa (http://www.downtowncr.org/Content/Farmers-Market.aspx) - from what I read, and have heard from friends, the downtown market is HUGE!

There is only 2 more scheduled, but if you get on applying to be a vendor quickly, it may generate more leads on places to sell your items beyond the Farmers Market. Just ask other vendors.

Good luck!

ybnegood
09-07-2010, 07:50 PM
You're looking for a vendor booth or vendor fair. or a craft fair that allows resale vendors like avon,mary kay, etc. go to craftlister.com and search craft shows. Those that are "juried" definetely do not allow
resale, but many others do. I just did the Kewanee Hog Fest this weekend which had a craft/vendor/flea market set up and sold $1,000. Many vendors there incuding tupperware and watkins selling their goods to the public. Plus wholesale vendors selling shoes, toys, and yes, junk.
martin