WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Percentage earned on sales

DebbieLeiss
06-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Which candle business has the highest percentage someone can earn when selling product.

skcandles
06-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Gold Canyon is up to 36%

mandm'smommy
06-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Mia Bella candle of the month distributors earn up to 50%.
Associates (Mia Bella's free program) earn a little less..someone will probably correct my math, but I think it's around 25-30%

Melissa

JolenaMiller
06-30-2010, 07:51 PM
SoyLicious.com is 40% on ALL products, all of the time. No sales quotas and no autoship necessary. We do have an autoship program or a $10 a month website only program.. you earn full residual commission and full 40% discount commission on everything all of the time. :)

AletheaAnderson
07-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Greetings!

There are many amazing candle and fragrance companies here, and many amazing ladies who represent them as well!

I wanted to add in that while you are comparing company commissions, be sure to dig a little deeper too. Sometimes people will look at the up front discount, then forget to consider the costs of shipping.

Some companies offer a flat % rate shipping, some companies charge on a sliding scale based on dollars spent and some charge by weight and distance.

So depending on where you live and how you plan on marketing, you'll want to consider the shipping fees as well.

Also consider how you'll be selling...

Via internet? (check how much commission you receive via web sales, this sometimes differs)
Via Parties? (check the company party benefits or if they are out of pocket)
Via Vendor Fairs? (table sales at events)

Depending your modes of sales, certain companies may be more profitable than others, depending on which way you intend to be selling. There are so many things to consider and so many great companies to choose from!

Most importantly, choose a product and product line that you LOVE!

Best wishes on your hunt!

~Alethea

DeborahDeGrande
07-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Mia Bella candle of the month distributors earn up to 50%.

Melissa

Yep! 50% can be achieved easily with Mia Bella! :)

luvthttabby
07-03-2010, 01:31 PM
This is For Every Home's commission scale:

http://foreveryhome.net/opportunity/?page=the_perfect_place

It was hard for me to copy and paste it here so I just provided the link :).

I really like how the other lady pointed out the shipping and out of pocket hostess product. On anything $50 and under the shipping is flat rate of $5 and over is free. Also all hostess products and discounts come directly from the company.

LAscents
07-03-2010, 03:32 PM
You asked about percentage from sales but many companies have a comprehensive compensation plan that rewards additional percentages for more than just personal sales.

I absolutely agree with Alethea, that having a discussion just about a raw % skews the data and is often misleading.

FlickerScents
07-03-2010, 04:31 PM
I agree 50% or BETTER. Depends on YOUR retail price. That is what is great about being an independent distibutor. We can name the price we want.
Mia Bella all the way.......and cash in my pocket at point of sale.

lacandlegirl
07-04-2010, 02:13 PM
With Luminarias Candles you earn:

LEVEL I CONSULTANTS - 40% Commission on personal and website sales.

LEVEL II CONSULTANTS - 30% Commission on personal sales.

There are new sales tool kits available to consultants right now and I'm very excited about the new products coming out. :D

Candle Monkey
07-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Yep! 50% can be achieved easily with Mia Bella! :)

I agree too ... depending on the shipping costs, and the price level that your area will support the retail mark up will, in many cases, be even higher that 50 %.

p.s. Hi Deb ! I haven't been back to this site in a while ... so long in fact that I couldn't remember my log-in, so I just made a new account. :-)

DeborahDeGrande
07-08-2010, 08:59 PM
I agree too ... depending on the shipping costs, and the price level that your area will support the retail mark up will, in many cases, be even higher that 50 %.

p.s. Hi Deb ! I haven't been back to this site in a while ... so long in fact that I couldn't remember my log-in, so I just made a new account. :-)

Hi Todd!! :)