WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Tubes Tied?

MidwestMommax3
06-26-2010, 11:46 AM
So I was talking to this one lady the other day and of course my pregnancy and kids came up. I'm due mid-August and it's very hard to hide my bulging belly, lol.

But anyway, I made the comment that I'm getting my tubes tied and she freaked out! I mean, it was very surprising because she went from a very nice lady to a raging bull. I didn't even think about religion when I was speaking to her about it. I just said, "oh this is my last one and I can't wait to get my tubes tied." Oops, wrong answer I guess.

She stated her views on God and I'm going to regret it etc. etc. etc. I listened and respected her opinion but gee golly!

Here's why I'm doing it:
1. FOR ME! Yes my husband can have his own procedure but this is for me and I want to do this. No one pressured me or made this decision but me.
2. I've been pregnant for 3 years.
3. 2 C-sections and another to come. One was an emergency c-section (I had preeclampsia , she was 32 weeks) and the other was a regular c-section (he was full-term weighing a little over 10 pounds). One of my c-section surgeries the staples came lose so I had to go back after I was bleeding everywhere (in the incision).
4. I have nerve damage in my spine because my body never bounced back to being normal.
5. Had kids in '08, '09 and now '10.
6. Birth control? Sure did, depo, the pill, and Mirena (spelling?) but I still got pregnant.
7. Lastly, my doctor said I'm extra fertile and will continue to have many kids so that was a red flag.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind adding to the family but I need my body back. I think I lost the feeling of being "me." Also, I'm adopted so I'm all for adoption. If I wanted to have more kids in the future that's what I would do. I'm a huge advocate for it and I think it's great.

So, has anyone had their tubes tied, thinking about it etc. Just curious...

stina31787
06-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Hi...First Congrats on your new baby. I actually had my tubes tied. I have a blood clotting disorder and alot of complications. I only ended up having one baby. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, if you are 150% sure that you are ready not to have any more children. After 3 I can see how you can be ready. My daughter is almost 23 months and a HAND FUL. I am planning on adopting in the furture (possibly not 100% sure yet) I would recommend if you have to have a C-section either way talk to your doctor right away. I had to sign a form that said I want this and wait 30 days before they would let me do it. To make sure I was 100% sure. The reason I was saying about the C-section is ask your doctor if you have the option to do it at the time of birth. It does hurt (if they do it the way I had) where they cut just like a C-section. Less pain that way. Congrats again. :D

MidwestMommax3
06-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Hey!
Yea, I already signed the paper and put down that they do it all at once. Get it done! I'm so excited, I can't wait to have a glass of wine. Been alcohol-free for 3 years, lol. I already planned a celebration party where I'm going to go shopping for clothes (no more maternity clothes!) and then I want buy this workout dvd called "Insanity" Have you heard of it? It's an intense workout but its similar to the exercises I use to do when I played basketball before I had kids.

But I'm just thinking positive and can't wait til this c-section happens because the quicker I can recover and get on my feet. 3 C-sections! I pass on anymore, lol.

Agreed, if I want more I'll adopt. Totally for it :)

stina31787
06-28-2010, 03:31 PM
That is awsome that you will be able to do it all at once. I had a natural birth and had to wait to get them done. They wouldn't do it at the time because it was not a c-section. I have never heard of the work out dvd but now I almost want to go check it out. I am looking to get into shape since (like you) I will be having no more babies. I wish you all of the luck. Do you know what you are having yet or are you not going to find out?

Amy Jacobs
06-28-2010, 08:17 PM
OMG some people? What the heck is it her business to say anything. I say you do what MAKES YOU HAPPY!

Angela123
06-28-2010, 08:19 PM
I can't believe the cheek of some people trying to impose their beliefs on others.

sherryy
06-28-2010, 08:37 PM
i had my tubes tied years ago once we decided we were finished having kids.

i agree that it's no one else's business.

i decided i would do it instead of my husband because we were still fairly young. if we split up or something happened to me, he would have wanted more kids later. for me, i don't think i would have wanted anymore no matter what.

it's good you're doing it when you have the c-section. i had mine as an outpatient procedure and they didn't prepare me for how much pain i was going to be in for the next 24 hours. it was like i went into full labor with the cramping. i don't regret it, but it would make me think twice about having elective surgey again.

MidwestMommax3
06-29-2010, 09:22 AM
OMGoodness, Ladies! Where have you all been in my life?

Only if I had support like that where I live, lol. It's funny how sometimes you wish all the people you talk to you online was actually your girlfriends in your neighborhood. Hey, you never know :).

I'm having a boy, a big boy! If I had a choice I would give birth now! Ha ha ha, I'm just tired of being pregnant you guys :). I love my kids but it really does wear on your body especially what I've been through.

Your right, some people think that their opinion is the all mighty and they are never wrong. Now personally for me, I may not always agree with someone but I'll never put them down or make them feel like the scum on the earth because who am I to judge?

Don't you all love those conversations with people that you think are going nice and swell and ends up awkward and angry? But I guess, you just have to laugh it off--maybe she was having a really really bad day.

I should have said, "ok, well you have 2 c-sections, have your staples come out, almost die because you have preclampsia, have a preemie, a 10lb baby and have another c-section, and all your kids are under 2 years old? You do that, then tell me how that goes and we can meet up for coffee."

Gotta love it :)

Vicki711
07-10-2010, 10:55 PM
I just had my 3rd and last baby, had my tubes tied after he was born. I have a blood clotting disorder as well and had issues carrying so we decided we were done after 2 losses and 3 beautiful kiddos. You know when you are done. ;) I felt pressured by my family to get mine done and even though it was the right thing to do, I have regrets. You will most certainly have a period of "closure." It's natural and for me, I just cried and cried knowing I am done.

I wish you all the luck! Congratulations on your new bundle!

P.S. There is a 4 out of 1000 chance of getting pregnant again, even with a tubal. :p:eek:

MidwestMommax3
08-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Sorry, late reply but thanks ladies and Vicki but now you are scaring me with the statistic, lol.

I think I would literally go insane if I was one of those 4! Lol, well I think everything happens for a reason and if it's meant to be then it will happen.

:)