WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

AngieGreenMN
06-09-2010, 07:12 AM
I got 2 FABULOUS documents from my director which list a total of 167 free or super low cost ways to market your business. Here are a few I'm focusing on this summer:

sending a card and Satin Hands sample to new moms listed in local paper
whenever I have extra catalogs at the end of the quarter I drop them off at different neighborhoods around town with a $10 gift certificate for "my new customer"
my email signature gets comments every once in awhile - I email quite a few moms and teachers throughout the year for school-related things
Eye or cheek color samples stick perfectly on your business card!
I started a totally informal direct sales networking group in our town and we just meet every few months to share local marketing ideas and trade ideas

What are your favorite free ways to meet new people and market your business?

Jolly
06-09-2010, 07:20 PM
BEST FREE marketing? ( other than a good get together).... I will engage in a conversation , and might get around to saying "look at my throat" .. they look.. no lines.. I say" I use..." then I tell them my age. Lately, however, I do not engage in marketing....

AngieGreenMN
06-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Ha! Well, good point! I guess we are our own best free advertising.