WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Are you about to QUIT Shaklee?

HealthyMomma
05-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Greetings,

May 1st 1970 is the day I first heard of Shaklee. So tomorrow Faye and I start our 41st year in this business. I was sponsored that day for $4.50 and that included a quart of Basic H. I attended a couple meetings and started to learn and actually get excited about what Shaklee offered.

I sponsored 16 people in the first 30 days including my mother, sister and brother. I then sponsored 8 more in month two. Not one person bought a product from me. Of course I didn't ask many questions I just went to sponsor some people. I had absolutely no clue what I was doing.

My bonus check for my 1st month was $7.33 (I gave product away), month # 2 was $0, month # 3 was $0,. and month # 4 was $19.19. I attended two meetings every week. I had sponsored a total of 30 people and things were not looking good......total earnings for my first 4 months was $26.52! But, I never missed meetings because I heard that meetings were the key to the business. That is still true friends!

I didn't like sales.....going out and asking people to buy something wasn't high on my list. At the same time I had this desire to excel at SOMETHING.....I just didn't know what. I wanted what Shaklee offered but it looked kind of bleak in the eyes of many people. But I was learning because I attended every meeting.

I met people who were earning $1000 to $2000 a month......I listened. I tried. But growth didn't come easy.

I just couldn't help but be impressed with Shaklee as the people were nice, friendly, many were earning part- time more than I was full time at my job in corporate America.

In Shaklee I saw a future but it wasn't working well for me at that time. I decided all I had to do was to learn what the successful people in Shaklee did, then learn how to do it myself. All I knew was, I WASN'T QUITTING! I knew I could learn the what and the how......I just got more determined.

I will close at this time but first want to say that Faye and I have earned in excess of $11 million in our Shaklee career.......So we did learn the WHAT TO DO's and also HOW TO build. I say this as I close because someone new might read this and I want them to know it pays not to base a future on a very questionable start because it's not how you start but how you finish.

Enthusiastically,
Gary Burke

Rjbsuccess
05-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Now that is quite a testimonial thanks for sharing, I'd like to say that I was impressed when my upline called me and told me she is going to inherit her grandfathers business when he passes and will inherit 1 million business volume per month and that tells me there is true residual income to be made.

Work hard once get paid for a lifetime and that is what I call absolute freedom.

God has been good to you my friend keep up the great work! Shaklee has changed my financial life as well and what makes that possible is the strong retention. I literally watched 57,600 business volume collapse to 2,000 volume in my old business and your going to hear why that happened in my video on my site. The video is quite an educational video for people looking for a home based business.

You should watch this nice presentation you can see two of my business builders with Roger Barnett .... When folks join the right business it is easy to attract leaders because they want a recession proof business plan.

It is a video found on my site

Visit my site click here (http://www.ronniebranch.com)

Keep up the great work let's hear more great testimonials...

Ronnie Branch

matoozie
07-01-2010, 08:46 PM
My parents quit. They finished college and didn't need the business anymore. They sold it to my grandparents for a dollar.

A few years later, they met with a couple who used to be their first levels. "Are you still in that?" They asked. The couple said they were and explained the compensation plan to my parents in a way they didn't understand before. After that, my parents started again... from scratch.

That couple has been Master Coordinators for decades and are one of a line of many Masters. My parents lost millions because they quit.

You never know who is in your organization. Even a small check, monthly, for years, is the equivalent to tens of thousands of dollars in the bank if you look at it like an annuity. I have a friend who made $25 her first year and wrote waaay more than that off her taxes because of the expenses she could legally take.

Amber and the Burkes are right.
Never quit.

DebraFerrie
07-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Great testimonial! I was about to join Shaklee, after looking into about 25 companies, but they don't allow you to be with another company(once you reach a certain level)
so BUMMER BUMMER in the summer for me
NOT leaving Mia Bella.
But Shaklee does look like a great company to be with ladies
Rock on!

If they ever change and let you be with another NM company, like Mia Bella does, Avon does, Send out cards does, many many do..then I'll be in! :-)

DebraFerrie
07-13-2010, 12:52 PM
should have added, that level I believe is called coordinator.....? Is it a very top level, like senior director sort of thing? I thought I saw a comp chart somewhere and now can't find it?

Linda Hinkle
07-13-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm not with Shaklee or interested in joining but I read the first post here and this is a awesome post! To bad others don't feel the same way they give up way to soon in sooo many opportunity's you never know who might come along and join under you and when you quit you miss out on that.

~Linda

Amy Jacobs
07-15-2010, 09:45 AM
WOW that was a great post for sure! Truly a inspiration for others thanks for sharing ;)

Rjbsuccess
07-19-2010, 09:03 AM
Great testimonial! I was about to join Shaklee, after looking into about 25 companies, but they don't allow you to be with another company(once you reach a certain level)
so BUMMER BUMMER in the summer for me
NOT leaving Mia Bella.
But Shaklee does look like a great company to be with ladies
Rock on!

If they ever change and let you be with another NM company, like Mia Bella does, Avon does, Send out cards does, many many do..then I'll be in! :-)

Before I started building Shaklee I was was thinking the same, but I had no choice since my old downline of 2,000 from a previous mlm collapsed I knew Shaklee was the real deal.

Folks can just remain a director and earn a fantastic income 34% + price difference on products is amazing.

I personally have been loyal to Shaklee since my fallout with my old company back in 2008. Most people when they make enough money they have no problem at that point with loyalty :)

The way Shaklee sets things up actually is very attractive to me because it is a rare company with amazing integrity protecting the distributors.

Ronnie

DebraFerrie
07-19-2010, 10:02 AM
. Most people when they make enough money they have no problem at that point with loyalty :)

Ronnie

I politely disagree. I like as many streams of income I can make and if I started making , say 5k a month with Shaklee, why in the world would I give up an income of thousands a month with another company if I had that prior to joining Shaklee.? My kids could use that cash in their bank accounts.

I never had one stream of income in my life and don;t plan on it now.
However , like you said, I guess one could remain a director....

LivingHealthy
07-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Healthy Momma
You believed in the company, the products, and yourself. This is whats is takes to be a success in any adventure you set out on. Others will not follow you if they feel that your heart is not in it. Just from reading you post, I can tell that you are a true believer. It is always good to hear the success stories. Thanks for sharing.

Rjbsuccess
07-19-2010, 01:31 PM
I politely disagree. I like as many streams of income I can make and if I started making , say 5k a month with Shaklee, why in the world would I give up an income of thousands a month with another company if I had that prior to joining Shaklee.? My kids could use that cash in their bank accounts.

I never had one stream of income in my life and don;t plan on it now.
However , like you said, I guess one could remain a director....

Many do not know what home feels like since they are exposed to many business ventures coming fourth. Some folks have the mindset to spread and build multiple income streams, but we cannot become the jack of all trades.

I teach folks your future team deserves the honor and respect of having a dedicated leader to help their team. Loyalty is a rare but great quality in a leader.... To often people jump around in many business ventures and never get anywhere.

On the other hand some people could outsource and manage multiple income streams and that could be a good path, but when you find something that touches your heart and dramatically improves ones health you start to develop a strong passion for the products and without really thinking you feel at home.

I've always been firm believer in becoming an expert at one thing then a jack of many.

If a person thinks about it, how can an entrepreneur build multiple income streams and give their time to teach duplication to many in various ventures if they even in fact reach higher levels which is highly unlikely. The big issue of cross promotion happens when leaders are exposed to multiple ventures and my advice is to people looking to build a business it is important to find somebody who is focused on one thing or you risk your downline being raided it happens... Integrity and ethics is very important in business and people want to work with those who are grounded and focused instead of spread out.... Being spread out will never ensure others can follow ones path to success if he or she is in multiple places just my thoughts on the manner.

The fact is most never reach any level of success and therefore don't get to a level where they are to busy to think of a second venture when they have to many recruits demanding of their time just a thought.

You don't have to give up your business, I actually didn't when I transition from my old company to Shaklee.

My old company kicked me out because I exposed their vitamins being synthetic and they turn to coal tar and the products come from petroleum machines like most of the nutrition people are exposed to and everything my mentor taught me in Shaklee has changed my life and has made me think very critical when it comes to nutritional supplements.

I've seen countless old partners of mine during the fallout of my old company not coming with me at the time they have been in many ventures and continue to this day.

Once a person builds with Shaklee they are coming home.... I have never experienced the ultimate retention like I have with Shaklee.... People just keep ordering and they order large $250-500+ at times

I recall in my old company the attrition was so bad and that is true because in comparison to shaklee I've learned a high quality vibrational food supplement is what circulates income and retention and shaklee is golden to that. The time one invests one time can pay for a lifetime and Shaklee's quality ensures a person future... You actually feel the food alive and active feeding and nourishing your body. I just turned 38 in July 16th I probably look 28 and Shaklee plays a big role in helping me look young and to keep me away from the pharmaceutical company's

I have chosen to live a healthy life and invest in my health today, I teach folks don't wait until you get sick before you do something. Without a persons health they have nothing and by far Shaklee has the best supplements I have ever taken.

If you'd like to see a custom shaklee system I made that took 3 days to make, I made it exclusively for my team you can take a peak if you'd like. Team members for my team can plug their videos in and they are ready to go... I have 12 mini videos that do a fine job at explaining the business on a deep level.

http://www.ronniebranch.com/jumpstart