WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Looking for some feedback...

gabrielsophia
04-18-2010, 06:03 PM
I currently have a few clients locally that I handle assistant type duties for. Basically I work for them for 1-4 hours per week doing call backs (order questions, returns, etc), calling the day before a party to confirm that the party is still a go and making sure they have no questions, product questions/concerns, etc. Basically everything but booking the party. One of my clients mentioned to me the other day that this may be something that others would need done for them and that I could expand from local clients to regional/district and outward.

What I am wondering is:

1) Would any of you be interested in a service like this?
2) What would you want the assistant to handle?
3) How many hours on average a week would you want them to work?
4) What kind of pay would you be willing to give per hour?
5) Would you be willing to do a product for service exchange?

I would love the feedback to see if it is something that others would reasonably need.

Thanks so much. I just really wanted to hear from people who are in this business and doing it daily rather than just going on what a few clients say.

tinastoybox
04-19-2010, 06:08 AM
I personally wouldn't use a service like this because I think my host/hostess would rather here from me. It's my own personal touch that would be missing when making these calls. :)

bringhomethepassion
04-19-2010, 06:21 AM
I love this idea for mailings and such but not for the calls. I'd rather they hear from me in person. However I have a lot of things I mail out after parties and such and I hate that type of work. I could send someone my files, and give them access to my customer database if I trusted them and they could see what I had to do from anywhere. I used to have an assistant I paid $8 an hour for this type of stuff. However I was much busier and it was part of my income I was willing to part with. Now, since I started my business over with a new company it would have to be something that would wait. For now I'll just have to do the work myself heh

gabrielsophia
04-19-2010, 10:17 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking. The clients I currently have just are overloaded because they either have 4 different party plans (Mary K*y, romance, etc) and need someone to handle the "grunt" work as one of them calls it or they just don't care to much about the personal touches and feel it sounds "more professional" to have a secretary. To each his own :) I just wanted to toss it out there and see if it was something I would want to expand outward with later.

Thanks so much!