WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : My Lab

lieverd98
04-01-2010, 06:59 AM
HI all! I have not been on this part of WAHM.com (didn't know it existed) . Just going crazy right now and was scrolling through here to pass time and not think. We had to put out Choc lab down on Tuesday. She was only 5! I can't stand it! I miss her SOOO Much! She was such a good girl with her own attitude! I LOVED her attitude! Just miss her!

omahamom
04-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Oh my gosh, lieverd. I am so sorry to hear about your lab. It is never easy to help a pet cross the Rainbow bridge. I'll be thinking about you!

Stephanie Ann
04-01-2010, 11:43 PM
I am sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts!

BarbB
04-02-2010, 06:51 AM
I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I know how hard it is. Remembering all the wonderful times helped me through the grieving process.

jellybean88
04-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Soo sorry for your loss. My oldest cat had to be put down in October of 2006 and I still miss her so much. They are definitely much more than pets- they're part of our family so it feels as if a part of ourselves is gone as well when we lose them. Just remember the good times you had with her and hey- maybe your dog and my cat are playing in pet heaven right now :)

lieverd98
04-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Thanks you, you all! It is really hard to just not have her around. We do have another dog also and he misses her SO much! He looks for her a lot, it breaks my heart. I am slightly better today but it is still hard to be at home without her!

tinastoybox
04-15-2010, 08:58 AM
So sorry for your loss. I feel the pain all to well we lost 2 dogs on March 7th...we think they were stolen a Black Lab & a Basset Hound. Labs are great companions. :(

msuggitt
05-10-2010, 02:26 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. I'm a reformed cat person who was going to watch a black lab until I found him a good home - he is now 11 and a major part of my life. Cyber hugs to you.

mewhort10
06-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Dear Liverd98,

So sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. It is so sad that our pets can't outlive us.

In January our Mastiff stopped eating and we took her to the vet. They did a sonogram and said she had advanced cancer spreading though her body. It was only a short time before it started shutting down her organs and suggested we put her down. We cried and just couldn't do it, so since she didn't seem to be in pain or suffering we took her home to die naturally. She never ate again. She did drink water and seemed to be happy, though we knew what was happening to her.

She lived for three weeks after that vet appt. She was and always will be a part of our family; we miss her too! I know how hard this must be for you!

PetLady
07-27-2010, 05:21 PM
So sorry about your furbaby. Death is never easy. Even though her life was short, she was happy to have such a loving home. Huggies to you and your family

jellybean88
07-27-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm so sorry. I know firsthand how painful it is to lose a pet- it was difficult not having my cat around who I had since I was a young child after we put her down in 2006. But she's in a better place and is not in pain anymore.
Lots of hugs!!