WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Robin W
03-26-2010, 12:21 PM
On my Walmart run today, as I ineveitably always pick the wrong checkout line, lol.....There is was. A Great Article in the April 5th edition of Woman's World. Page 12.....

A really great story about some successful ladies from all walks of life and their direct sales business! One is putting her son through college.
One makes $2k a month part-time.
One built a new house with her profits.
And one wiped out her credit card debts!

Lot's of great tips from them including, Social Media (facebook, twitter), Loving what you sell, not reinventing the wheel, and combining forces with friends (other sales people)

I'm really glad to see the home party business/direct sales - still thriving in this economy! I know my business has actually improved as I know a lot of you all are experiencing the same kind of growth!

I'm glad the word is getting out that Home Party Plans - Direct Sales - CAN be a very lucrative businesst :)

CandleClaire
03-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Wow Im going to have to check that out!!!

Yuliya Mironova
03-27-2010, 10:19 AM
I'd love to check this out ... do you know if it will be online? :confused:

CandleClaire
03-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Woman's World Magazine is sold at news stands or by subscription in the US ....info available via google search.
I tried creating an account at what did look to be their magazine's website, but it only allowed me to manage or subscribe to the paper magazine...I found no article content there.

If anyone else finds it, would love to see as well!!!!

lacandlegirl
03-27-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm heading to the grocery store today, so I will be on the look out. :D

I support any magazine that is willing to bring direct sales into the light. In a possitve way.

Thanks for sharing!

indygirl
03-27-2010, 12:07 PM
I went right out to the store and bought this because I could not find actual article listed online. It features: Dove Chocolate Discoveries, Shure Pets, Lia Sophia, and Scentsy reps. It is a good inspiration to those of us making considerations and trying to find something that fits us. I tend to lean towards the consumables and love direct selling too :) So thanks for sharing girls!

CandleClaire
03-27-2010, 06:09 PM
I scanned this if anyone wishes to see it.....photos on my profile