WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Lady M
03-18-2010, 10:46 PM
I submitted my application to Internet Brands about 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything at all. I can live with being rejected, but not knowing is killing me! If you applied to IB, did you hear back, or do they simply not contact their rejects?

I was really hoping to get on with IB since they pay monthly. The monthly pay would make it nice to use that money for a savings account since my DS money is practically spent before I ever get it.

cwilson26
03-18-2010, 10:50 PM
I submitted mine a couple of days ago and haven't heard anything yet. It would be nice to at least get a reject email because, like you, not knowing is hard.

Lady M
03-18-2010, 10:58 PM
What's so annoying is that if I was rejected, I would like to reapply. However, I don't want to reapply if my application hasn't been considered yet, as that would simply backlog the system even further. Hopefully someone that was hired by IB can shed some light.

AG1976
03-18-2010, 11:01 PM
They may not have gotten your application. I initially applied with them in December and never heard back. Then I used a different email address in late January and was accepted within a day. I would try applying again; I do think they let people know if they reject their applications. It's likely that yours just didn't go through. Good luck!

Lady M
03-18-2010, 11:12 PM
They may not have gotten your application. I initially applied with them in December and never heard back. Then I used a different email address in late January and was accepted within a day. I would try applying again; I do think they let people know if they reject their applications. It's likely that yours just didn't go through. Good luck!

Thanks! I'll send it off again and see what happens.

Ana_S
03-19-2010, 06:20 AM
for those that applied and haven't heard back in over a week or two, definately resubmit with another email. it's my understanding that they will let you know either way. i think my approval came within a week, if i remember correctly.

Ana_S
03-19-2010, 06:23 AM
i just came across this email on another thread. when i applied, i sent everything to this email (query and sample):

IBPub@internetbrands.com

VeronicaM
03-19-2010, 08:40 AM
What did you guys use as your writing sample?

plastix
03-19-2010, 10:11 AM
I applied directly on the site for a specific position. It's been a week. I just updated my application to add some additional qualifications, and emailed them to follow up.. fingers crossed!

mom2cassem
03-19-2010, 10:35 AM
I applied through the website too and never heard anything. Then I sent a email for an applications to the email IBPub@internetbrands.com and got one and sent it in. I heard back within a couple of days and Love it!

Good Luck!

plastix
03-19-2010, 10:51 AM
I heard back very quickly from the email - they hadn't received my online application! Maybe there is some glitch in the website...anyway, I sent it through email this time and am waiting to hear back. There's been so much positive buzz I really hope I get in!

But yeah, if you're waiting to hear after submitting on the website, definitely email Stacey...

Lady M
03-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I resubmitted my application last night. My fingers are crossed!

Ana_S
03-19-2010, 12:55 PM
good luck to all you! hope to hear good news soon :)

slvsquared
03-19-2010, 01:51 PM
No. Not to my original application. I followed up, and received a NEW application, to which they also haven't responded.

notary_mom
03-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the tip guys just sent resume, writing sample to that address. Fingers crossed and prayers raised.

Lady M
03-24-2010, 08:29 AM
I re-emailed my application last week and just heard back yesterday evening that I got on with IB! I'm happy to have some other work for times when DS articles are getting too tedious. Thanks for the advice to re-email the application!

cwilson26
03-24-2010, 08:35 AM
I finally heard back last night and they hired me! Now I need to get my printer working so I can send in my paper work. :)

mom2cassem
03-24-2010, 11:50 AM
:D Congrats everyone!

plastix
03-24-2010, 01:25 PM
They seem to have sent out a mass acceptance email, but it sounded like they sent so many that if you don't get your paperwork in within the next 24 hours, you might not get in....I'm not sure

VeronicaM
03-24-2010, 01:35 PM
I applied yesterday, but still have not heard back yet. What channel did you apply for?

annietn41
03-24-2010, 02:07 PM
I got the email with the application to send back and sent back a sample within 1 day after I applied. In the email she told me to get it back to her ASAP as they were hiring a lot of writers right now. I sent it right back in on the same day and that was just yesterday - haven't heard back yet but it has only been 1 day.

cwilson26
03-24-2010, 03:55 PM
It took a couple of weeks for me to hear back after I sent in my application and sample. So don't worry, they will get back to you eventually. :)

plastix
03-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Sent in my paperwork by fax this morning and already got an email with login info and claimed my first article:) Excited to try out a new site, especially one I've heard so many good things about on WAHM

KimDanek
03-24-2010, 09:57 PM
Sent in my paperwork by fax this morning and already got an email with login info and claimed my first article:) Excited to try out a new site, especially one I've heard so many good things about on WAHM

Plastix, IB is awesome. I hope you'll enjoy writing for them too. =) If you don't mind me asking, what category are you writing for at IB?

emily3247
03-24-2010, 10:24 PM
I applied today... keeping my fingers crossed taht I get in too!

plastix
03-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Plastix, IB is awesome. I hope you'll enjoy writing for them too. =) If you don't mind me asking, what category are you writing for at IB?

Thanks! I'm writing for DIY/home improvement. Already submitted my first article and waiting to hear back. When can you claim more than one at once?

janyben
03-25-2010, 11:30 AM
I sent my application and sample on last Wed. Night, so It's been 1 week and 1 day and I havent heard anything back yet.

VeronicaM
03-25-2010, 11:36 AM
I submitted my application on Monday and have not heard back.

plastix
03-25-2010, 12:11 PM
I think they've been inundated with applications. If you submitted online, follow up with an email. Either way, it doesn't hurt to touch base. Not only do you have to submit a resume, but you have a fill out an application and submit a writing sample.

july ayers
03-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Where do you find the application?

When I applied earlier, from what I remember on their website, it simply said to sent an email to the email address listed.

VeronicaM
03-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Woah, I don't remember anything about having to submit a resume. I think the application just states that we need to submit an application and the writing sample.
I don't remember reading about having to submit a resume.

plastix
03-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Not sure about the resume...I applied first on the website for a specific area and I had to submit one. You have to email Stacey and she sends the application which also mentions the sample.

july ayers
03-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Not sure about the resume...I applied first on the website for a specific area and I had to submit one. You have to email Stacey and she sends the application which also mentions the sample.

I'll email her now. Thank you for the info!

daytonjenn
03-26-2010, 05:41 AM
I applied back a few months ago and got the sample instructions within a few hours. Did that and within an hour of getting it, got back the email that my "style wasn't what they were looking for". It kind of stank because I was applying for the DIY project and thanks to DS, have a lot of experience lol

annietn41
03-26-2010, 10:26 AM
I sent her an email asking about positions - she sent me one back along with the application and asking for a writing sample so I sent both back to her the next day. That was over a week ago and I haven't heard anything so I emailed her today and asked her if she got it. She emailed me back within a few minutes and said they never got it so I resent it. If some of you haven't heard back after sending in the app and sample and it's been a while you ought to email her and ask her about it. I'm glad I did!

july ayers
03-26-2010, 09:15 PM
I sent an email yesterday asking for an application and still didn't hear anything. A couple of weeks ago, I sent my resume and writing sample but didn't hear anything from that either.

So I sent another email just now asking if my other emails had been received. I'm starting to get a complex. lol

mommyupdate
03-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi all. I am trying to figure out who besides, Suite 101 and DS that I want to write for. Any info on how Internet Brand pays would be really appreciated.

wguest
03-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi all. I am trying to figure out who besides, Suite 101 and DS that I want to write for. Any info on how Internet Brand pays would be really appreciated.

You need to use the search function. There are a couple of other threads about IB in this folder that cover all that. Good luck!

Ana_S
03-28-2010, 06:58 PM
I write for a couple vacation rental sites. 500 word article ( =/- 5%) = $10.

not sure about the other sites though.

janyben
03-29-2010, 12:53 PM
I just heard back from IB and got accepted! They sent me some paperwork to go over, including a W9, they they want back within 24 hrs. Yippyyy!!!! Now, there is only 1 more egg I'm waiting to hear about - ANP for transcription work.

annietn41
03-29-2010, 02:55 PM
I sent the application back to them and I got a welcome email today with all the forms to fax for them then I get to start working - yeah!! I only work for Break Studios right now and won't make enough money there because you can only do 10 reports and I don't have all of them approved fast enough to grab more so can only do 2 or 3 a day. IB pays more and even though they pay monthly that will be fine. Will be hard on me until I get that first check. :) Good luck everyone.

priyarh
03-29-2010, 03:22 PM
I sent my application in Jan and never heard from them. I resent it last thursday and got accepted today.Yay!! Thanks for the advise. You guys are the best!!!

july ayers
03-29-2010, 09:29 PM
I received my application today as well. I need to fill it out and send it back tonight. I hope to hear something back from them by tomorrow.