WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Mary Kay 100% guarantee

LadyJ*
03-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Hello ladies I am a beauticontrol consultant. We are having a nice thread going about image and colors, of which I feel Mary Kay is also great in this line I have always stood up for their makeup in fact I have some!

The reason I am posting here is to invite any of you to answer a question that was posted about returns of makeup. I am very much against beauticontrol's return policy on their color cosmetics and have said so many times, including to the company so I don't mind posting it here that beauticontrol will not honor a color return beyond three days. The consultant is stuck with the return if the customer changes her mind about a color. This is not fair to the consultant.

I have always understood that Mary Kay consultants can take back a customers product and give her her money back, but that they don't get a $$ amount back from the company, they get a replacement product. Still that's better than nothing.

Since this is 2010 and I haven't checked in a while, how is the return policy going with the consultant returning a product to the company?

AngieGreenMN
03-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi there LadyJ!

Here is Mary Kay's return policy directly from their consultant site:
"If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with any Mary Kay® product, it will be
replaced without charge, exchanged or the full purchase price refunded following its return to your authorized Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant."

Within the consultant system, the consultant plugs in the product info and reason for return and a replacement product will be shipped (which is what you remembered). Then it's up to the consultant to resolve the client's request, be it exchange/replace or refund.

Does that answer your question?

LadyJ*
03-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Yes thank you!

Jolly
03-02-2010, 07:31 PM
I had an odd situation when corp would not honor the 100 percent guarantee. A customer had purchased the LARGE compact.. filled. This is a sizeable chunk of dough. Compact got smashed and corp would not replace it. The written policy says if for any reason....but corp uses its own discernment.
Corp also questions returns of very old product.

Overll the new policy is good. No need to mail back the product.