WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Brownpinkcookie
03-01-2010, 08:27 PM
I just signed up this week and I was wondering how do you take orders and payments from people not in your area? I have a lot of friends and family from out of town. What forms of payment do you except? Does anyone have a website and does it generate business for you? I'm trying to get a large first order.

Natasha

wonderfullymade
03-02-2010, 04:57 AM
Hi Natasha,
Welcome to JJ! I do have a website that has worked well for both recruiting and sales. Customers have to email or call you with their orders directly right now. This came directly from Jenny at corporate, we cannot have any shopping carts or order forms on our websites. I just want to make sure ou know this so you don't do anything that could get your website taken away. Don't spend a lot of money on a website because when our new software comes out, we won't be able to have separate sites anymore (according to our IT guy).

To have family and friends order, mail them a catalog or have them view the online catalog. Set a closing date so everyone knows what day you are ordering. Share with friends and family what your sales goal is for the party so they can help support you in trying to reach it.

The majority of my sales and repeat customers have come from Facebook, both my personal page and fan page. You can charge shipping if you want to when you have customers nationwide, but I don't.

Hope this helps.

3OhioBoys
03-02-2010, 05:14 AM
Hi Natasha, I ditto everything that Amy just said. I started in January and catalog parties have been awesome for me so far. I am excepting check and cash but I have used PayPal. I recommend using PayPal if you don’t actually know the person or if they are somewhat unreliable because then you have your payment and no worries. For out of area individual sales I will add $2 shipping but for an out of area catalog parties I will cover the shipping.

Good luck! JJ is awesome!

ChrissyJ
03-02-2010, 05:34 AM
Hi Natasha,

Welcome to Just Jewelry! This business is so much fun.

If I need to collect payment from people who live far from me, I accept checks, money orders, Paypal, and credit cards. If a customer wants to pay with credit card, they just give me the information over the phone, and I process it through Propay.

Hope that helps!

~ Christina

Brownpinkcookie
03-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks ladies you have been wonderful. I have never used paypal or propay so I guess I will have to do some checking to see what the difference is in the two. Is it one take only credit cards and the other takes checks? I just to make sure I not occur any charges from bad checks in my bank account, matter of fact I'm sure I'm going to open a business account just to handle those transactions. Any other advice or suggestions on getting new customers?

Angie Bricker
03-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Hi Natasha, welcome to Just Jewelry! Would your last name happen to be Fuller? I am the creator of the facebook group page and I had a request to join from a Natasha Fuller but I was not able to send her a message to confirm that she is a JJ consultant (our group is private and only open to JJ consultants). If this is you, please let me know so I can accept your request! The fb group is sooo helpful!

Brownpinkcookie
03-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Yes thats me please me

Thanks

Natasha Fuller

Angie Bricker
03-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Great! I'll see you on the group page!!