WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Jennifer Finegan
02-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi, My sister-in law is a stylist for S & D. I was a hostess for a trunk show that she did for me and loved every minute of it. I had purchased 2 pieces from her back in December and get compliments all the time. I am seriously considering signing up as a stylist. It seems like so much fun, and I have never thought of signing on with any other direct sales. The only reservation I have is finding enough people to host trunk show. There are no other stylists in my area at this time. It seems like the beautiful jewels just kind of sell themselves! From what I got in free jewels for being a hostess and my starter kit I think I would have a nice display to start. Any thoughts on making this leap into a new adventure?

Cristina14
02-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Do it do it do it!

It's the most fun. I just signed up 3 weeks ago and while I am working my business I am also changing for the better. Getting out of my comfort zone and actually approaching people. My confidence has shot up and I actually enjoy talking to any one who will listen.

The best thing I ever did was join Stella & Dot - ok, well maybe it was getting married, wait, no. It was my kids. Going back to school....you get the picture. Stella & Dot has definitely been a value add in my life up there with the other heavy hitters!

If you have any other questions - keep on asking, the Stella & Dot community as I have experienced it is VERY helpful, approachable, patient and willing to answer any and all questions.

Can you tell I have a great upline?!? Shout out to Claire, Moya and Elise!

Cristina

jennlovesvintage
03-01-2010, 04:57 AM
Jennifer....you can absolutely do it! And you have already been to a trunk show and seen how fun it is and how it works.
I signed up last week and got my jewelry samples the other day and love love love them....they are everything I was hoping and the jewelry really does sell itself (I was out and someone stopped me on the way to the bathroom to chat about my necklace!....when else does that happen...really)

I say go for it, I don't think you will be disappointed you did

Christina....sounds like I am on your team....can't wait to chat!

Jenn

carlaggrass
03-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi Jennifer,

I'd go with your gut. That is how most of us ended up with Stella & Dot in the first place. 70%+ of our stylist community had never done direct sales before but saw the jewelry and fell in love and knew they had to be part of it. It's that passion for the product and the brand that has fueled so many successful women in our company. I have been with S&D now since October of '08 -- and myself had never considered direct sales. Between the support of your upline, the incredible training tools (audio, video, ongoing training video-emails and corporate events) and the incredible collection, you will learn very quickly how to turn your first few trunk shows with friends and family into an ongoing stream of new opportunities.

Best of luck and don't hesitate to reach out with any more questions.

Sincerely,
Carla

cabimom
03-18-2010, 07:32 PM
I have been waffling over this for months and months. But today I scheduled a show to host in April. My stylist is traveling 3 hours to do my show!. I am doing it for two reasons. 1. I would love to earn some free jewelry. 2. We're using it as a venue to possibly book more shows for me to begin my business.

I figure the same thing, if I earn some free jewelry, and then get my starter kit samples, then book in close and do the 21 day 50% off order I will be well on my way. Plus, I will get to see a lot of the jewelry (my sponsor is a Star Stylist and has a lot of samples) and see how a trunk show is done and see what sells in my area! It's a win, win and I would be the first S & D Stylist in my town. Woo hoo!

bluvddavina
03-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Yeah Cabimom, that sounds like a great way to start to me.

Looking forward to officially welcoming you to the Stella & Dot family!

cabimom
03-18-2010, 08:39 PM
I know, finally huh?

christy007
03-19-2010, 01:44 PM
I say go for it too! Stella & Dot is a great company and is very innovative. I love how it doesn't feel like Direct Sales, not that there is anything wrong with DS by any means ;) I was a Stylist for over 1 1/2 years and resigned about a month and half ago due to some personal/financial issues. Leaving Stella & Dot was a really hard decision for me at the time and although I think it was the wrong choice to leave, it made me appreciate the opportunity and the jewelry so much more than I already did! I am contemplating coming back as I really miss it so much!!!

cabimom
03-19-2010, 03:53 PM
I've been looking and looking and thinking and researching for months and months and I keep coming back HERE! So, I finally just made the commitment to have a party with my sponsor. I know it is going to be great!

rdeemed70
03-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Cabimom,
I was the same way... Just couldn't stay away... then I couldn't take it anymore. Have fun!!!! Do you still sell Cabi?

cabimom
03-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Actually, I never sold CAbi, just love the clothes. When I signed up for my WAHM account I couldn't think of a username and didn't have a business so just picked something I loved! But here's the funny thing, my CAbi rep is the one pushing me to do this and then I found out, she wants to sign up too under me!! How cool is that?

rdeemed70
03-22-2010, 08:47 AM
That is very cool!!! You are going to enjoy this! Good luck and welcome to the fam. Have you officially signed up yet?

cabimom
03-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Not just yet. We're trying to keep my sign up as close to my party as possible to take advantage of the first 100 days for myself and my new recruit. Probably right around the 1st though.

rdeemed70
03-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Good plan! I'm about at the end of my 100 days. It was a rough one with me finishing seminary in a few weeks. I can't wait to be done so I can focus. Have fun and keep us posted!!! :-)

Glowgirl10
03-29-2010, 05:37 PM
I just wanted to know. What age group have you found this style of jewerly appeals to? I looked into other companies and I think S and D is versatile. But, I wanted to ask the community here what age group do you find S and D appeals to the most. I have done what I call my market research by taking a catalog from S and D and one from another company that I like as well to my friends and family of varying ages asking them which company do they think has mass appeal. My younger neices said S and D has more variety and I do agree and the older ones liked the other company, but I keep thinking ...will it appeal to everyone? Don't get me wrong I love the line I just want some other opinions. I think I will end up joining S and D but I am still in my research stages. Please help!!! I know I am rambling, but I even went on a window shopping spree to my local mall when it grand opened recently to see the jewerly trends and check the prices. I found that alot of the retailers are selling pieces on par with the S and D trends. My other concern after taking that trip to the mall was seeing the prices of the retailers and wondering it I could pull off getting someone to spend the extra money with S and D. I think S and D will give them quality, a better return than any retailer, and a personal sytlist at their beckon call..that was my handling objections piece. Has anyone else felt that fear initially going in before selling S and D. I know it sounds like my mind is made up but again I say, I am in my research stage and I guess I am looking for encouragement to get me off my bum and just do it. I'd love to hear from the community.

ClaireMalone
03-29-2010, 07:50 PM
HI Glowgirl...
When it comes to age this is what I have found. It isn't so much the age as the group dynamic. Honestly. I have had parties where my top buyers (over $350 each) have been women aged between 45-70. I have also had parties where the "older" women have not found a thing to buy, but also had parties where the younger generation has spent less. It's a matter of taste not age. Not once did I worry about my party guests finding something similar to what we offer at a lower price and therefore not wanting to spend the money on S&D. I think that you get what you pay for and if you would rather spend $20 on something at Target instead of something of better quality at S&D then I am fine with that- I want my guests to love what they buy and not be thinking "i could have got this for half the price at target".
I think it's great to ask the oppinions of those that are within your circle of influence but I certainly do not think that you should base your descision on their oppinions. You have to go with your gut. if I had listened to my circle of influence then I would NEVER have started my Stella & Dot biz- boy would that have been silly!
Jump in Glowgirl... it's an awful lot of fun and well worth it for the friendships that you will make- the women that are stylists with Stella & Dot are FABULOUS :)

Glowgirl10
03-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

sdElise
03-30-2010, 08:38 PM
@Moya...can't wait for you to jump back in and join us!! You are such a natural!!

@Cabimom...good luck on your Preview Party!!

@Claire....so very well put!
;)