WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Thinking of joining!!

TraciZ
02-20-2010, 07:54 PM
I have someone I am going to sign up under already. She is a local woman. I just started selling lia sophia (jewelry) but I love mary kay and basically want to do it to get the 50% off for myself. Anyway, just wondering how everyone likes the company? What do you like the most? On average how much does a show sales total? Any thing else you have suggestions or input would greatly be appreciated.

beachchef
02-21-2010, 09:32 AM
I too am thinking of joining - mainly for the 50% off as I am doing really well with Thirty-One. I'd appreciate these answers as well! Thanks ladies & have a blessed day! Cindy

TraciZ
02-21-2010, 12:22 PM
I was looking into thirty-one also because the bags are so cute and I don't think there are many local people around here. But I don't know if I can balance selling 3 different products(lia sophia, MK and 31) but its 3 things All Women Love!!!

beachchef
02-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Traci - I was doing Pampered Chef when I joined 31 and I had no idea it would take off like it did, I stopped PC a few months later and concentrated on just 31. It has been great for me because it is EASY and no heavy products to carry around - like with LS for you I am sure! I have sold ALOT of our jewelry rolls and pouches to LS reps - these two businesses might tie in well for you....and I figured MK would work as my 2nd hobby. I shyed away from it for years and recently started using it and love it - especially the TimeWise line. Where are you? I can look at my 31 map and see how many consultants are in your state. Good Luck with whatever you decide :)

TraciZ
02-21-2010, 01:17 PM
I am in Phoenixville,PA 19460. Well I am really interested in MK. If I get these 2 going then I will do 31 also. I will just sell it all and be the go to girl lol. I basically want to get into MK for discount for myself. I tried a product the other night and really liked it. I think it was the timewise but not 100% sure. No wrinkles yet (25) but rather start before i start to get them. Best of luck to you!

Bobbi Anna
02-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi Ladies.

I'm originally from Coatesville 19320. If you need a meeting to attend, let me know. There are some awesomes directors in Chester County.

I was in MK and got about about 5 years ago, but just got back in. I love Pampered Chef and thought about selling it, but MK won me over because it's a consumable product. And you can't beat the 50%. I usually bring guests to the weekly success events because I'm busy and everyone else is busy. It takes the pressure off cleaning the house and doing the party thing. One class a week is about $180 in sales. Not bad.

If you have any questions, let me know, or you can PM me.

Barb

beachchef
02-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Traci - there are 245 Thirty-One consultants in PA at the moment - I can only go by those numbers. Give MK a try first - I agree you cant take on 2 new companies at once and if you decide you want to try 31, let me know - we have a forum and I can post your town on that and find out further is any in your immediate area. I know it is starting to boom there!

Thanks Barb! I am on the coast of NC and will join under the mom of one of my preschool students but I like getting other opinions too on how it all works. I want to take my time and make the decision and get feedback from lots of ladies, so I appreiciate it! Traci - I am 50! No wrinkles yet and I count myself very lucky there but I am starting to notice the sagging that you get which is inevitable and the products are working wonders especially the new firming eye-cream! You need to give that a try :) I am in the sun alot here, cant help that living where I do and really am into taking better care of my skin. Also loving the mineral powder foundation.

Bobbi Anna
02-21-2010, 03:56 PM
That's terrific, Cindy! I moved to the western part of NC about 5 years ago. We love it here.

If you are in the Fayetteville/Wilmington area, there are a few nationals over that way. Hook up with their meetings.

It's so funny that the younger people think they are too young for TimeWise. But if they use it in their twenties, they will look like they are 30 when they are 60.

I was in another business too. But then I thought entrepreneurs have several different projects/companies at the same time. They are successful because they know when to get in, how to manage their time and money, and know when to get out. So why not me. Why not you. You can too!

TraciZ
02-21-2010, 05:30 PM
That is what I am saying start now so i look younger when i am older :)

mkcecilia
02-22-2010, 05:14 AM
I do love the MK products and have been selling almost 7 years. Doing skincare parties is the best way to earn money, your team and re-orders. The company is fantastic and love my uplines. Have a great day ALL!!

nicolejones85
02-22-2010, 09:26 PM
I would love to find a National near Fayetteville NC. I haven't found one and I have been talking to a lady from SC about joining 31. Can I join under her and still attend meetings so that I may be able to meet others that sell in my area?? That would be awesome to find a meeting!!!

Bobbi Anna
02-23-2010, 04:27 PM
I believe Pam Fortenberry-Slate is in your area. I know her mom is.

beachchef
02-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Nicole - Im in New Bern, on the coast - a couple hours from you but I can check with the local girls here and see if they know where Nationals are held...I'm still learning all this lingo but I know my friend I am thinking of joining under mentioned going....I will let you know.

Bobbi Anna
02-23-2010, 05:36 PM
My director was in Texas, and I was in Pennsylvania. So she found a great director in my area and I attended those PA meetings.

Your director can do the same thing.

Bobbi Anna
02-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Have you ladies joined Mary Kay?

Ask your recruiter about the Mental BATH! It will really help your business.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!!!

TraciZ
02-28-2010, 06:00 AM
What is the mental bath?

Bobbi Anna
02-28-2010, 08:38 AM
A Mental BATH will keep you focused daily. And it should be done every day. Every day.
B = Booking (get one booking a day)
A = Affirmation (say your affirmation at breakfast, lunch, & dinner)
T = Training CD (listen to a training cd)
H = Hotline (listen to your director's hotline or intelliverse)

This is something NSD Tammy Crayk created. She was thinking what do the top people in Mary Kay do on a daily basis. They do a Mental BATH.

sparkler
02-28-2010, 09:49 AM
All the self-talk, meetings, affirmations, conferences, etc., in the world will NOT make you a successful person at selling MK. The only thing that will make you a successful salesperson is actually selling the product; and that, unfortunately, is not taught by any SD, DIQ, NIQ or NSD that I've ever, ever paid my dues to and sat and listened to. (sorry for ending on a preposition; didn't know how else to end). Oops, there it is again!

The Tammy C's of the world have as their main sources of income the selling of their books and tapes and even themselves at conferences and the like and also the commissions they make off the inventories of their downlines. It has nothing at all to do with actually selling product.

BTW, if any of you newly-signed up reps find the secret of actually selling the product and making a profit, I'm all ears! I'd LOVE for someone to prove* to me that it can actually be done.

*Proof = your Schedule C and 1099 with your personal info blacked out, of course.

TraciZ
02-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Sparkler... you have to work at it so your business can be successful! I know a few women who sell MK and make profit off of it. Maybe your not approaching it right. Good luck!

sparkler
02-28-2010, 08:19 PM
I know a few women who sell MK and make profit off of it.

Traci, with all due respect to you -- have these women shown you their actual Schedule Cs and 1099s? That is the only real proof they are making a profit -- not word of mouth.

My tax prep lady told me years ago to just ignore the MK factor b/c it would just get me into trouble. She said she did many, many tax preps for MK ladies; and not once did any of her clients ever show any profits. And she was with the executive division of a big tax firm here locally that is also known nationally. She just shook her head and laughed the first time I mentioned MK.