WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : S&D on facebook

jennlovesvintage
02-15-2010, 07:04 PM
So I love facebook because you can find anything and I was able to become a fan of S&D...Claire, I saw your name....OMG that necklace is amazing!!!!!!

I am so conflicted about when to sign up....I want to do it now, but March is such a bad month for me to attempt a party because both my kids have birthdays in March....and my friends and family won't come up for all of that (a birthday party and a trunk show) in one month.....ugh

Bling1
02-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Hmmm, maybe you can have them both on the same day since you have family coming specifically for the birthday party. If you decide to go this route, I would set up my Stella display in a different room than the b-day party. I think it will work out ok if you have others to help out with the b-day party so no one feels neglected. The mothers will probably be glad to have something else to do to kill time, other than stuffing their faces with b-day cake. Good luck.

ClaireMalone
02-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi Jenn...
I say Why wait- jump in :) Having your kids parties in march is the perfect opportunity to introduce your business to your entire family and freinds all in one shot! Especially if you think they "Won't come up for all that" then have them only come up once! WOW- really look at it as a positive thing.
Absolutely display your jewelry in an area that is off to the side- wear some fabulous pieces yourself to show people how to wear it and attract their attention and focus on sharing it with everyone- it is also the perfect time to book shows with your friends.
March and April are a great time to have parties because Spring is getting nearer, everyone is starting to think about warmer weather, tank tops- jewelry!! Turquoise :) the color of 2010 of which we have a fabulous selection.
You need to approach everything in a positive rather than negative way- glass half full not half empty- If you wait a month your next door neighbor might be selling it by then :) when you email out an evite for the kids party put in the link to your e-boutique or Look Book to let people know what to expect- build the excitement. The more excited you are the more excited your friends and family will be...
Sorry I am rambling.
Friend me on Facebook:) I'd love to see you on there. Isn't the Collette Necklace fabulous- Got it with my FREE jewelry that I earned in my jumpstart period.
Good Luck- hang on for a fun ride- it really is a whole lot of fun!!!
~Claire

rdeemed70
02-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Oooh! I had a great Trunk show where the mom had a jewelry party while the little girls were scrapbooking in the other room... Genius!! The moms shopping while the ladies were occupied... Think about it! Don't delay!
You can friend me on Facebook or twitter.
Page Not Found | Facebook (http://www.facebook.dj/gemsgalore)
Moya Harris (gemsgalore1) on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/gemsgalore1)