WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Online Pampered Chef parties?

facedesigndiva
02-11-2010, 09:00 PM
My name is facedesigndiva, I'm with Mary Kay. I have a question to ask you all. I am interested in doing online parties and wonder if any of you have had any experience in doing them. Can't seem to find any MK consultants who have and thought I'd check w/ the consultants in your company. If someone here has I'd love to hear suggestions and ideas. Thanks!

pchefprincess
02-13-2010, 08:00 PM
I do the online parties all the time. Our business structure allows us to use our personal website to set up catalog and cooking shows and also send e-invitations. Invited guests can place an order right through the personal e-invitation and the host gets the credit. It's actually a pretty convenient way to collect orders from those who are far away or who cannot attend.

I guess the trick is to make sure that your host(ess) and his/her guests are computer savy, and that they are open to ordering online. If you think about it, it is very accomodating to those with busy schedules. They just have to click on the link, follow the prompts, add products to their carts, check out, and submit. It's really very simple for us anyway.

If your customers are not comfortable with online ordering, then that's a harder sell. But those that use it, do increase their sales at Cooking shows, and can reach a wider audience if they opt to do a catalog show. Make sense? I hope this helps!

facedesigndiva
02-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Thank you so much for replying! May I ask 4 more questions?

1.) How many e-vites do you normally send out per party?
2.) How many orders do you get per party from those invitations?
3.) What are the average sales from those parties?
4.) Do you book e-parties from those e-parties?

pchefprincess
02-16-2010, 09:16 PM
You're funny!

If I am hosting an online party, then I send out as many invitations as I can type. I had a host send out more than 100 online invitations at one time. So there is no limit to what our (PC) personal website invitations will allow.

The orders depend on the users. If the users are not email friendly or computer savvy, then the e-invitation gets lost on them. They will view the invite, and then just call the order in. So it's hard to say how many orders come in from those invitations.

The online parties averages, in my opinion, are usually lower than the actual cooking shows because people don't get a chance to interact with the products or the consultants. Again, it depends on the hosts and their guests. I do have an online party going right now where my host's orders are higher than a regular Cooking show. But she wants the knives, and another item at 60% off, so she is rallying the troops I suppose :)

Sometimes I do get bookings from the online catalog parties. These are usually from past hosts and guests who are already familiar with the products, and they need no convincing. Make sense?

Gee, I feel like I'm training my newest consultant. When I'm done, you should be ready to join my team ;) Don't you think?

If there is anything else, just ask! Happy to help. Have a great evening!